Duel Server Information

Users who are viewing this thread

There are 30 people on the server. If only you and 1 of your friends wanna Cav duel that makes 28 guys who are fighting on foot. You wanna tell those 28 guys to go into the square? GL with that
Most people know the square is for melee duels. I have had plenty of duels with cav on that map with significant more people

Long awaited. This is great for a start, thank you.

Edit: By the way, is it possible to increase base gold for everyone on the server? So we don't have to grind for whatever class we're trying to duel with.

Last edited:
Within a few days we got two simple features that made the MP experience infinitely better. Not sure why it couldn't have been done a long time ago but at least we have it now, great job.

More servers would be nice, adding more slots would get a little too crowded. And more gold if possible.

Is team damage enabled or will duellists need to be on opposing sides? (some things like collision capsules and whatnot are different for team mates as well). No chance of at least a DM mode for this?

Thanks for the duel server. I do think players having duels should be able to pick thier class though. Is it possible to disable the money system? (don't think it's a good idea for TDM at all tbh).

Please read the OP thoroughly, in particular, the first paragraph.

tdm/dm leaves you way more freedom on a duel server, for example to make 2v2 aswell. Great job!
I actually taught a complete newcomer there basic blocking and some basic combat moves and then sparred a bit with him. And I observed some veterans showing the ropes to newcomers, with the newcomers making good progress if stuff is getting demonstrated and practiced together. Not having team damage is handy for that blocking practice, he learnt a lot in a few minutes. This is good for both sides and people will farm less frustration in multiplayer without the pressure of TDM/Skirmish/Siege hampering the learning.

Back in 2010, when I was a complete noob, I also learnt a lot on the Duel servers back then, with very nice people giving lessons.

Last edited:
Long awaited. This is great for a start, thank you.

Edit: By the way, is it possible to increase base gold for everyone on the server? So we don't have to grind for whatever class we're trying to duel with.

+1

Played for a few hours

We really need:

Server Feedback(Adaptation as duel gamemode or tools arent ready)

-More servers or more slots.
-More time limit(only if more servers are added)
-Unlimited gold perhaps?

Gameplay Feedback

-
Feints are still waay too quick, reported this during beta and it was improved, but they're still extremely quick, need to slow them down slightly.
-Increase player capsule size, or whatever causes players to be able to 'clip through' eachother when standing too close
-Need Feints sound effect to detect each time we perform one(specially necesary against rapid feinting)
-Chambers should be harder to block, not sure how to do this but the risk involved executing them right now(which is not low overall, but specially for overhead and stab) doesn't compensate enough to try and be rewarded for doing them well(Quick chamber + Footwork).

Please don't use this thread for gameplay feedback, it is a sure fire way for it to be lost/overlooked/ignored. This thread is here purely for the server information.

Also, most questions and requests here have already been addressed in the first post, please read it again. (I can't edit anything from the game mode right now, including gold, victory conditions, team damage, or anything else along those lines. I will look into adding more servers when we see how things go with these ones first.)

And I know this initial implementation is far from perfect, but it is a start at least. :smile:

Please don't use this thread for gameplay feedback, it is a sure fire way for it to be lost/overlooked/ignored. This thread is here purely for the server information.

Also, most questions and requests here have already been addressed in the first post, please read it again. (I can't edit anything from the game mode right now, including gold, victory conditions, team damage, or anything else along those lines. I will look into adding more servers when we see how things go with these ones first.)

And I know this initial implementation is far from perfect, but it is a start at least. :smile:
All hail Callum and the MP team! :grin:
Better a slow start than none at all. It can't hurt anyone.

This is the first time you answer to me directly since the 31th, including PMs, so forgive the manners but, why would I write it somewhere else if it's just gonna be ignored or handled by another community manager after reaching him on PM weeks later.
Feel free to ignore it, move it or discard it, I understand it's not the place but not gonna create another one investing more time on it, feel free to consider it or not, many players will probably create threads about it anyway, saw people in chat addressing those besides the network issues that I didn't really feel myself.

Regarding what you can can't edit, fine, I understand that now, thought that inside the TDM setting you could touch something inside it such as gold or slots, hopefully extra servers with same settings may be possible, that's still not clarified. Also the suggestions may be unviable now, but remains for the near future.

Indeed, it's a good step as said, hopefully followed by core mechanics balance and elemental balance between classes in relation with them.

I don't agree with the "do not" about cavalry. Some people want to try some cavalry duels, and the rules actively prohibits it.

We were worried about stray mounts bumping into people and disrupting duels. We will give it some more thought though.

I understand your frustrations, honestly, I do. I sent you a DM as a full response to this, along with some of my thoughts.

For russians (I do not provide a password):

Получив много запросов, мы сделали защищенные паролем серверы для дуэлей!
К сожалению, нам придется обойтись ограниченным набором инструментов, которыми мы располагаем в данный момент, то есть нам придется использовать стандартный режим командного дезматча без каких-либо изменений.
Это означает, что мы ожидаем, что люди будут вести себя как джельтельмены при использовании серверов.

Мы запустили два сервера EU (Европа) и NA (Северная Америка). С ограниченным количеством слотов и будем следить за тем, как идут дела.
Мы просим вас НЕ делиться паролями сервера с друзьями, а вместо этого направить их в тему, чтобы они приняли к сведению
изложенные рекомендации. Если вы будете троллить и проявлять любое неуважительное поведение посредством действий
и / или чата - вы получите бан, который повлияет на всю многопользовательскую игру.

Эти рекомендации могут быть изменены в любое время, так же как и пароли сервера, поэтому, пожалуйста, не забывайте регулярно проверять тему на обновления.

Дуэльный этикет:
Подойдите к потенциальному противнику и используйте блок оружием вверх, чтобы запросить дуэль.
Подождите, пока другой человек ответит тем же - если он этого не сделает, ищите другого противника.
Не атакуйте противника сразу после того, как запрос на дуэль принят - подождите несколько секунд до начала боя, чтобы оба игрока были полностью готовы.
Не «прижимайтесь» к своему противнику до начала поединка.

Всегда будьте уважительны к другим игрокам.
Предоставляйте достаточно места людям, уже участвующим в поединке. Не начинайте дуэль слишком близко к другой дуэли.
Не бегайте между людьми, ведущими поединок.
Оставляйте вашу лошадь в районе сада (близко к краю карты, где лошади исчезают) или убейте своего коня, если вы собираетесь использовать класс кавалерии для дуэли.

Запрещено атаковать любого, кроме противника, который принял ваш запрос на дуэль.
Запрещено прерывать или иным образом мешать продолжающейся дуэли.
Запрещено использовать любое оружие дальнего боя (луки, арбалеты, метательное оружие и т. д.).
Дуэль на коне также пока запрещена.

Отчёты о нарушителях:
Чтобы сообщить о ненадлежащем поведении на серверах, напишите в личку модератору по имени Орион.
Объясните проблему максимально подробно. Описание должно включать время инцидента (укажите по московскому времени или по какому именно), описание произошедшего, имя игрока, о котором вы сообщаете и сервер, на котором всё произошло.
Пожалуйста, предоставьте как можно больше доказательств при составлении отчета.
Видео является предпочтительным, все остальное может быть отклонено.

Liking the idea, can't wait for it to be fully implemented, now I can train my friend on how to combat effectively. Could idle bots be used as a sort of gold farm, maybe?

We were worried about stray mounts bumping into people and disrupting duels. We will give it some more thought though.
I understand your frustrations, honestly, I do. I sent you a DM as a full response to this, along with some of my thoughts.

I have to agree with Charlini. I'd love to give you pages of feedback, but what's the point when there's no response? I fully understand that you had issues and responsibilities in your personal/family life, but my honest opinion is that TaleWorlds has very large deficiencies in communication with the community (not implying it's your fault). We literally grope in the dark and have no info about your vision for the game, how you handle our feedback etcetera... And that's not an issue of a past month or so, it has been an issue for years but mainly visible since the alpha/beta release. It's not healthy for us - community - and I don't think it's healthy for the company either. I know it's not possible to respond to each feedback thread on forums, but please, try to give us feedback on the most discussed and constructive threads.

I have to agree with Charlini. I'd love to give you pages of feedback, but what's the point when there's no response? I fully understand that you had issues and responsibilities in your personal/family life, but my honest opinion is that TaleWorlds has very large deficiencies in communication with the community (not implying it's your fault). We literally grope in the dark and have no info about your vision for the game, how you handle our feedback etcetera... And that's not an issue of a past month or so, it has been an issue for years but mainly visible since the alpha/beta release. It's not healthy for us - community - and I don't think it's healthy for the company either. I know it's not possible to respond to each feedback thread on forums, but please, try to give us feedback on the most discussed and constructive threads.
+1

@Callum I'm not an expert on the subject at all; however, I can't understand why we haven't had servers for Duel since the beginning of the alpha/beta period (ideal combat system test enviroment).Better late than never, but my question is: Why not before? What made it impossible to implement last year, and now it is?

It just seems that until we show you our teeth, you don't react; I'm honestly saying that. Now, again the trouble, because "it seems" that the block delay has been reintroduced (sorry for the wild offtopic)... It seems that all the feedback that was given at the time (a lot) doesn't matter now? With you it's a constant tug-of-war... take this paragraph and start applying it from now on...

[...]We realise that we haven’t communicated with you as frequently and as openly as we should have. We failed at connecting with our community, and sometimes it might appear as if we are not paying you as much attention as you deserve. We are incredibly grateful for having such fantastic support and we were unsuccessful in letting you know just how much we appreciate you being there for us over the years.

We want to improve our relationship and communication with you – starting right now. We know that you can’t wait to get your hands on Mount & Blade II: Bannerlord, and we understand that after all these years you have a lot of questions. Moving forward, we think that the best way to engage with you is by being transparent, by opening our doors to introduce you to our daily work, as well as by having clear channels to communicate with you about everything related to TaleWorlds Entertainment and Mount & Blade that we can – or cannot – talk about at this moment in time. We are striving to create the best game that we can deliver, which is a tough task that has taken us many years, and it is your support that motivates us to work harder!
[...]

the game has already been released, there are no deadlines or pressure. We know that the game will be in EA for +- 1 year; but you have us in the most miserable darkness; bring the light to the public level and communicate your timeline with your fans. PLEASE.

Back
Top Bottom