MP This game is really bad

Users who are viewing this thread

It's a different game, and Warband still exists if you'd rather play that. I'm sorry man, but I'm sick of hearing people *****, without giving any constructive criticism to support their statements. Like it or not this is what we have atm, either learn the new game in it's current state, or just don't play. I'm not saying you're one of them, but a lot of our fellow Warband vets would rather call the game trash when they aren't immediately amazing at it. It doesn't even take long to get used to the new game mechanics, and speeds. Btw, did anyone mention that the game is in early access? Making threads like this does nothing for the community except spread unnecessary negativity.

Okay they dumbed down every mechanic to the game, it's slow to the point it caters to bad players to catch up. Everyone an thing tanks hits like it's a full invasion boss. Footwork doesn't exist anymore, neither does chambers.
The reason Warband had such a good mp following was because of the good mechanics. I don't feel any of these mechanics carry over in a efficient way.
All they have done these last 8 years is make a realistic medieval game with no sight for competitive.
NA comp has gone from fastest to medium to slower than slowest from launch of warband to ea bannerlord. Not sure why but it's what it is.

Okay they dumbed down every mechanic to the game, it's slow to the point it caters to bad players to catch up. Everyone an thing tanks hits like it's a full invasion boss. Footwork doesn't exist anymore, neither does chambers.

Footwork still exists. Everything you've listed here are things that can be adjusted rather easily. That means within this year of early access they're either addressed or they aren't. If they aren't, modders will pick up the slack, and adjust values to make the game we all want. Add custom servers after that, and you've got Warband 2.0. Having gripes about the current state of the game is fine, but making broad statements like "the game is ****" is getting old. Everyone in the competitive community is well aware of the issues the game has atm.

AGREED Warband was better. Where is custom loadouts? Why do attacks have that annoying extra animation that causes a delay that feels laggy? Why can archers and infantry ride horses, why can archers have two handers and great armor? The balance is all jacked up, the servers on MP are all jacked up. The classes SUCK and make no sense... 2 different two handers? Can choose either long spear or lance.. why would I choose a spear? Why would I want to use a 1 handed weapon with no shield while I have a good two handed weapon, why is that even an option? Just give us custom loadouts back! I can't even decide what order my weapons go in! WHY DO I WANT A 1 HANDED SWORD AND NO SHIELD WHILE I HAVE A TWO HANDED SWORD AND SPEAR?? WHY WOULD I EVER PULL OUT THE 1 HANDER?

Footwork still exists. Everything you've listed here are things that can be adjusted rather easily. That means within this year of early access they're either addressed or they aren't. If they aren't, modders will pick up the slack, and adjust values to make the game we all want. Add custom servers after that, and you've got Warband 2.0. Having gripes about the current state of the game is fine, but making broad statements like "the game is ****" is getting old. Everyone in the competitive community is well aware of the issues the game has atm.

That's fair. And i hope you're right that they can fix it

Btw, did anyone mention that the game is in early access? Making threads like this does nothing for the community except spread unnecessary negativity.
If we knew that the ocean of problems would get solved, then most of the nonconstructive negativity wouldn't exist. The problem is that TaleWorlds and their playerbase aren't at all on the same page, and if we are; we have no idea that they're on the same page as us. We've seen responses to e.g, steam reviews, that say that TaleWorlds is pleased with the way the core combat systems function right now (obviously they're not saying it's perfect, but the core mechanics are in general the way they want them). Which to anyone who spend enough time analyzing the problems is essentially mindboggling. So we're at a point where TaleWorlds doesn't see the problems their core playerbase sees, which means that this game could sit in early access for 10 years and most of the problems may not even get solved. A recent development (which might be baseless speculation, and might not have actually happened, I'm going by what people have reported on the forums), TaleWorlds tried to bring back a universally rejected change to the blocking system they introduced and then removed several months ago(and then unpatched it again). Which if it is true, means they honestly think that making the blocking slower, clunkier, less responsive, and less skill-based is a step in the right direction, for a game in which the existing blocking system is overwhelmingly criticized for being too slow, clunky and unresponsive already. And we've already established that changing a couple of dozen integers in the code fixes the majority of the problems the community has with the combat system, and those changes have been public and displayed on this forum for months, with TaleWorlds not utilizing any of them, while simultaneously ignoring 90-95% of the problems brought forward by the community.

"It's early access, stop complaining" arguments are more useless than the uncritical whinging at this point, since it's essentially a deflection.

I'm not expecting any substantial update to multiplayer tbh. We've had the game since last summer and the game we had then isn't that different than the game we have now. Along with that, I believe that taleworlds doesn't have a good rep on updates: Look at warband, they didn't update their MP game on warband as much as they should've. The EU community had to tweak rhodok stats just so they're relevant on open map. Just because it's Early Access doesn't mean that it's shielded from criticism. Remember in Alpha, Taleworlds implemented its block delay to the max. It was the vocal community and repeated criticism which lowered the delay.

I had a worry that SP is going to be huge and MP is going to be neglected. As of right now, there are 50k concurrent players on and the queue is not even at 300. If you don't think the future is bleak right now, it's ignorance. Why would taleworlds care for multiplayer?

And we've already established that changing a couple of dozen integers in the code fixes the majority of the problems the community has with the combat system
Exactly, so all we can do is wait for Taleworlds to either implement these changes or not. If it ends up being the latter, then we’ll have a combat mod fairly quickly that the competitive community can utilize.
Just because it's Early Access doesn't mean that it's shielded from criticism.
Of course not, but it should be shielded from blanket statements like “game is bad” when the developers are still actively working on improving it. Actual criticism is what I was asking for, not more mindless *****ing.
If you don't think the future is bleak right now, it's ignorance.
No that’s called optimism.

latest

Id have not a fan of its singleplayer, the multiplayer is pretty and i enjoy the freedom of speech you can have. Warbands were run by admins usually run by discord. Run by Brits . Disgusting

Back
Top Bottom