Users who are viewing this thread

Elven armor concept
unknown.png

Will be playing this when it comes out for sure!
Love that you guys picked some of the other LOTR settings, I don't know much about the lore outside the movies & games so I'm looking forward to this mod.

Always cool to see more mods being worked on, but Im curious. Do you guys have a seperate vision than Kingdoms of Arda? It seems like a LOTR mod is a huge undertaking, if you guys share similar goals, is there no opportunity to work together?

Always cool to see more mods being worked on, but Im curious. Do you guys have a seperate vision than Kingdoms of Arda? It seems like a LOTR mod is a huge undertaking, if you guys share similar goals, is there no opportunity to work together?

Check our FAQ please. Thanks for the good wishes!

Prince of Menegroth concept troop design, for doriath troop tree!
prince_menegroth.png

Thanks for the wishes, lads!

Another concept art for one of the doriath troops!

unknown.png

We are too close to finishing doriath troop tree visualization, which means we can switch our focus to starting a few of the more exciting stuff we had in plans for a while, stay tuned!

Guard of the king, for doriath troop tree!

unknown.5.png

Astonishing. Great concept, i wish your team the best of luck with this project.
I hope you pull it through, it's gonna be awesome playing a different age than the basic war of the ring period which has taken over the mainstream knowledge of Tolkiens work.

Best regards

I highly recommend to change the name of the mod to something that's not trademarked. I was one of the mod leaders of the Oblivion/Skyrim Middle Earth Roleplaying Project (MERP) total conversion and we got Warner Bros lawyers after us and the first thing they hammered on was the use of the "Middle Earth" trademark in our official name. And no, it was not about funding, we didn't even accept donations.

Using "Silmarillion" as your mod name is just painting a target on your back, and once they're on to you they're unlikely to back off if you just change the title. I suggest changing it to something more generic like "The First Age". Total conversions like "The Last Days" (Warband) or "Third Age" (Medieval II Total War) never got into trouble, and I strongly believe it's because their names don't use trademarks.

Oh, and I'd like to help with coding this in the future!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom