Player Opinion Polls Concerning Multiplayer Balance

Users who are viewing this thread

Every faction has a heavy archer but only khuzait and aserai can bring shields with their heavy archers. As for sturgias archer it has barely any armor making it pretty bad on close combat. Also mameluke having less maneuver than other heavy cav matters little since its the fastest heavy cav so you can just slow down to turn and you will still be faster than other heavy cav , especially knight. Also none of the cavs have swords suitable for close combat expect maybe catapracht
that's not true, vlandia's sharpshooter can bring a huge shield, and shield doesn't make an archer better because their role is to shoot arrows. Fiann has a really good bow for long range and pretty decent fire rate. Faster horse >> taking more damage from spears and javs
Knight has a really good sword for close range, and the option to have the bastard axe which is amazing on foot, Druzhnik's axe is slow but deals a lot of damage on horse

that's not true, vlandia's sharpshooter can bring a huge shield, and shield doesn't make an archer better because their role is to shoot arrows. Fiann has a really good bow for long range and pretty decent fire rate. Faster horse >> taking more damage from spears and javs
Knight has a really good sword for close range, and the option to have the bastard axe which is amazing on foot, Druzhnik's axe is slow but deals a lot of damage on horse
Shields do indeed make an archer better , mostly in a competitive scene. Fiann is 160 gold so you cant spawn twice in the first round and need to save money for it. Also faster horse doesnt always means more damage from javeling and spears. If you are running away from a javelin thrower you are now decreasing the damage you get and you are not supposed to charge to a spearman anyways.. Knight has a painfully slow sword and you stated slow sabre as a con in mameluke so why should it be a pro to have a hard hitting slow sword here? You also need to keep in mind that Knight is now a 190 gold unit which makes double spawns more troublesome.

Khuzait and Empire are really bad and the rest is ok to play unless you face Vlandia. I'd say Sturgia, Aserai and Battania are pretty equal.

Curious- with Khuzait being the only faction with native Archer and Heavy (Couching) Cav + Glaives on the ground - That'd make them the most versatile...how is that bad? Unless you're downplaying them to keep them that way?

Mind you, I know how they play in the hands of AI and in singleplayer- but in the hands of a 6 man vetted with good shots (now mounted without the penalty) and unlimited X couches?

Curious- with Khuzait being the only faction with native Archer and Heavy (Couching) Cav + Glaives on the ground - That'd make them the most versatile...how is that bad? Unless you're downplaying them to keep them that way?

Mind you, I know how they play in the hands of AI and in singleplayer- but in the hands of a 6 man vetted with good shots (now mounted without the penalty) and unlimited X couches?
Couches will most likely get nerfed. The elite Khuzait troops are really good, but they have **** infs and they are expensive. HA is really expensive for what it is. Just go archer and kill a cav. However, I found that a good way to play Khuzait is if the infs take the horse and the Armored cavs become infs, even though I suppose the MP team will fix classes (by that I mean that infs cant shoot, cavs cant shoot and archers cant ride)

Couches will most likely get nerfed. The elite Khuzait troops are really good, but they have **** infs and they are expensive. HA is really expensive for what it is. Just go archer and kill a cav. However, I found that a good way to play Khuzait is if the infs take the horse and the Armored cavs become infs, even though I suppose the MP team will fix classes (by that I mean that infs cant shoot, cavs cant shoot and archers cant ride)

I appreciate you clarifying and going into more detail.

Shields do indeed make an archer better , mostly in a competitive scene. Fiann is 160 gold so you cant spawn twice in the first round and need to save money for it. Also faster horse doesnt always means more damage from javeling and spears. If you are running away from a javelin thrower you are now decreasing the damage you get and you are not supposed to charge to a spearman anyways.. Knight has a painfully slow sword and you stated slow sabre as a con in mameluke so why should it be a pro to have a hard hitting slow sword here? You also need to keep in mind that Knight is now a 190 gold unit which makes double spawns more troublesome.
I didn't know that bannerlord has competitive matches. Why would anybody throw their javs at a horse running away from them? Since mamluk's horse is so trash, sometimes you cannot even stop before running into a spear. And the horse basically gets one shot by pila or ash spear because it has low hp and low armor and the speed doesn't help. The longest lance doesn't make much difference because cav should focus on infantry anyway. Knight has "painfully slow sword" which is 83 swing speed compared to 84 swing speed of mamluk sabre, ok i guess.... Name one advantage that makes mamluk the best cav besides it can get longest lance

I didn't know that bannerlord has competitive matches. Why would anybody throw their javs at a horse running away from them? Since mamluk's horse is so trash, sometimes you cannot even stop before running into a spear. And the horse basically gets one shot by pila or ash spear because it has low hp and low armor and the speed doesn't help. The longest lance doesn't make much difference because cav should focus on infantry anyway. Knight has "painfully slow sword" which is 83 swing speed compared to 84 swing speed of mamluk sabre, ok i guess.... Name one advantage that makes mamluk the best cav besides it can get longest lance
Having more speed while retaining the same armor as other horses is an advantage , a clear one. You literally have to be blind to run into a spear tho , if you are not trying to hit a inf with a spear and if you are trying to do that, mameluke has the longest lance.

This poll shows how terrible the community is at viewing the factions. Aserai is considered the worst faction on this. That's a joke. Aserai have elite cav and solid archers.

I'd say Sturgia is terrible against more factions than it is good against. Khuzait is only good on the more open maps against weak armored factions. Empire is pure garbage most of the time.

Vlandia, Aserai and Battania are the OP factions.

This poll shows how terrible the community is at viewing the factions. Aserai is considered the worst faction on this. That's a joke. Aserai have elite cav and solid archers.

I'd say Sturgia is terrible against more factions than it is good against. Khuzait is only good on the more open maps against weak armored factions. Empire is pure garbage most of the time.

Sturgia infantry is op.

The polls appear to give users a reality check in the thread, which is good. It's good to question the polls accuracy, but it's also good to question ones own conclusions. Questions are up for interpretation, and answers are picked because of individual reasons, but I'd say the statistics seem quite accurate, even if it might be biased to say as it appears my choices were always the top or second most voted alternatives.

The question about unbalanced factions is not a matter of whether a faction has an overpowered unit, but whether the faction in it's entirety is able to properly compete with another faction on the same level. Most factions do have their pros and cons, and there's no denying some factions/units are easier to play than others. It's also true that some factions has no proper mean of countermeasure of another factions units, and that's, in my opinion is what'd be truly unfair or unbalanced.

Aserai is by my opinion the weakest faction because their cav (only longer lance, but lower armor) is comparable with all the others except Battanian and their veteran archers don't have access to polearms (menavlion and glaive are quite powerful when you can block). Their infantry is garbage - tribal warrior has to decide between armor (still quite low) or mace. Guard gets shot against better players and pike is slow and impractical. They don't have anything exceptional, only non-existing infantry.

Sturgia got nerfed quite hard by varyag cost increase cost to 150. It's a solid infantry but without a mace. The cost should get back to 140. Brigand is a joke class. Berserk has even lower armor, why? you could kill him fast anyway. Their archers are quite cheap for what they offer. I don't feel like they are weak but not so strong as they were.

Khuzait don't care about the map, they can fight even in small maps. They can deal with armor pretty easily. Spear infantry is extremely cheap for their armor and mace. They have everything.

Empire is damn strong. You can oneshot people with pilas as legionary. Palatine guard is an excellent archer. Kontos is hard to use but when you know how it's deadly and you can still use menavlion on horse as Courser.

Vlandia is being carried by crossbows and knights after the sergeant armor nerf.

Battania and their AWPs supported with solid infantry. What more do you need?

The main problem is still the class system which feels inherently wrong and I haven't found a single person in our community who would agree to it. I want to choose my own weapons and armor. Also losing team should get more money, not the winning team, it creates even more unbalanced situation (I'm not complaining because I would lose a lot, I actually win 85% of the games. But even to me it feels unfair and snowbally).

that's very subjective, first of all there are like two maps atm and none of them is open field, and khuzait literally destroy heavy armor with their glaive and gatling bows, and empire is not garbage and imo it is the 2nd strongest after vlandia

Sturgia are far above Battania. Battania cannot compete competitively due to lack of heavy cav.

Aserai's strength is in its cheap inf but I think the costs are more balanced on that now, they're certainly not weak but they're not OP. Sturgia and Vlandia are the top factions imo.

that's very subjective, first of all there are like two maps atm and none of them is open field, and khuzait literally destroy heavy armor with their glaive and gatling bows, and empire is not garbage and imo it is the 2nd strongest after vlandia

The desert map and the larger town map are both open maps. At least in our community they are. So I take it you never played much of Warband competitive. The fact you think Empire is strong means you haven’t spent much time playing other teams.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I would like to see the removal of factions all together. Introducing a system like Mordhau's class building would make for a interesting experience.

This may not be a popular opinion, but I would like to see the removal of factions all together. Introducing a system like Mordhau's class building would make for a interesting experience.
Mercenaries system is cool but I don't think it's better for comp. On the other hand I'd still think that it's better than the current perk system

Mercenaries system is cool but I don't think it's better for comp. On the other hand I'd still think that it's better than the current perk system
Never played Mercenaries, is it similar to CRPG? Because the way crpg handles it isn't exactly what I'm talking about. In Mordhau you have a limited number of points, from weapons to perks they each cost some points.
kxk3t3butbv21.png
Its not a perfect idea, the devs would still have to balance weapon, armor, perks, and other equipment costs. Just would be something fresh, I just feel factions are a bit stale.

Back
Top Bottom