++ MAGNA RENOVATIO ++ Europe 1200 Reloaded.

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm in, totally, though I will probably work on a mod of my own set in North America in early 17th century.
But I'd love to work with you guys again, and with BETTER tools!

I have. It's nice, like playing M&B but with prettier graphics.

To me, battle controls (tactics, unti movement and the like) still feel very, very jarring. Fighting feels harder, which is not a bad thing (auto blocking seems to be off and timing is much more important). Dialogue options and roleplay pazzazz is still in its infancy, and companions don't seem to have stories of their own. They spill the beans when you meet them and that's it. I'd like something more progressive. Learn about their life slowly, little by little.

But the gameplay is more streamlined, the menus are very nice...

BUT

The heraldry is awful. God awful. I loathe it. It makes it so you can't really tell who's who, defeating the reason one would have heraldry in the first place. But worry not, someone will come along and fix it.

Interesting.

I feel it's far from finished. The looks are mostly done, and chore mechanics, but there are so many things that are obviously incomplete (like Companions) and quests bugs. And Heraldry, yes haha it's lame to choose a banner and then realize an NPC is already using it :S

But the sound design and the combat are really fun. And the scenes too! Makes me really hyped to mod the game next year haha

Interesting.

I feel it's far from finished. The looks are mostly done, and chore mechanics, but there are so many things that are obviously incomplete (like Companions) and quests bugs. And Heraldry, yes haha it's lame to choose a banner and then realize an NPC is already using it :S

But the sound design and the combat are really fun. And the scenes too! Makes me really hyped to mod the game next year haha

Yeah, the villages and towns are very lively and grounded. The Byzantine architecture was astonishingly lifelike, believable yet with the right touch of imagination. Fantastic job.

Long time no see, by the way. Nice talking again.

Yeah, the villages and towns are very lively and grounded. The Byzantine architecture was astonishingly lifelike, believable yet with the right touch of imagination. Fantastic job.

Yeah, me too :smile:
Playing Bannerlord gave me nostalgia about Europe 1200 and all. Brings back so many good memories. I hope we'll be able to wok something out in the future.

It wouldn't be a wise move to do so when the game's still in Early Access, but much of what we did for E1200 is still usable for a Bannerlord mod, in terms of research and probably even textures (maybe the resolution is much higher, but a few tweaks and I could update the textures I still have on my hard drive).

Yeah, that's what I was thinking.
I know we had some Companions written down too. I guess apart from the research that was mostly done, coding and scening would be the top priorities, and probably the most time consuming.

Of course, it would not be very wise to start working on the EA version as so many things can change until full release.

I'm still hyped though haha. The big Bannerlord map means we shouldn't have as much trouble as we had in Warband to make a big map in E1200.

Oh, yes! I started in the Southern Empire and when I entered the first city, I thought "Ah, I feel at home (though as if I went back in time)!" It would definitely help with making an early medieval mod, at least in regards to the Balkans.

Btw, do you guys know anything about the new modding tools? They're supposed to be quite easier to use (and more useful as well) and given the amount of mods/tweaks available already, just a week after release, I'm hopeful about the prospects.

Btw, do you guys know anything about the new modding tools? They're supposed to be quite easier to use (and more useful as well) and given the amount of mods/tweaks available already, just a week after release, I'm hopeful about the prospects.
From what I understand, there are not officially released by TaleWorlds, as they haven't progressed enough with the game.
People who started working on mods are either...
1. Overhaul mods: makings 3D models and other assets that don't require Bannerlord specific modding tools.
2. Simple tweaks: tweaking Native files by themselves.

To be honest, I've put around 35h into Bannerlord, and there are so many broken quests I end up annoyed more than having fun about 1/2 the time I play. Think I'm gonna stop for a month at least before getting back.

To be honest, I've put around 35h into Bannerlord, and there are so many broken quests I end up annoyed more than having fun about 1/2 the time I play. Think I'm gonna stop for a month at least before getting back.

Yeah, I'm also having this problem. My ability to enjoy the game is being diminished, but we all knew this was Early Access. I play a little, built up my party, assault a castle, etcetera etcetera.

On my first character, ten hours in and I had a city, a castle and had forgotten all about my lost siblings :ROFLMAO:

Yeah, I'm also having this problem. My ability to enjoy the game is being diminished, but we all knew this was Early Access. I play a little, built up my party, assault a castle, etcetera etcetera.

On my first character, ten hours in and I had a city, a castle and had forgotten all about my lost siblings :ROFLMAO:
For real? haha
I love the beginning of the game when your party is small. I travel all around the map, selling goods and amassing a small fortune, looking for companions. Then when I have a solid 20 soldiers, I begin to improve relatios with those whom I want to join.
I'm 35h in without any settlements yet haha A solid 50 troop. Taking it slow to have everyone at my side when time will come to overthrow the king :wink:

And yeah, I guess the devs too forgot about our siblings since your bother seems to totally forget about you :razz:

Well and happy :grin:

Just to ley you know, there are several great mods out there already on the Nexus, like

- Fast Dialogues : instead of directly going to the Dialogue screen when you encounter looters or lords, it just opens the Options menu on the left in the campaign map, and from there you can directly attack, converse, etc. It is a must for those who want to reduce futile loading screens...
- Press V to yell : wel it's simple, like in many Warband mods, when you press a key (V), your character yells in battle! So fulfilling.
- Entrepreneur: this mod is kind of interesting, it lets you buy acres of lands in villages (can be useful at the start of a playthrough).
- Warband Quotes: because there is not voice acting from NPCs yet, someone just gave them the good old Warband quotes like "Stand or deliver" or "It's almost harvesting season"
- Several Hideouts mods: one makes you choose your troop limit, another one removes the limit, one makes the game choose the first ones in your party list... etc

Merry Christmas!

Wow, haven't checked this board in yeras; glad to see it's comming back to life.

To add to the bannerlord mod recomendations:
-Developer console - rly useful for experimenting with different aspects of the game
-Detailed character creation - unlocks character customization options that I feel were intended by TW all along but for some reason haven't been officialy activated yet
-Custom troops template-tutorial; helps if you want to mess around with existing troops or items or if you want to add some custom troops to the game; but you'll have to get into the game's xml files. Fortunately it's as easy as it was in warband, and some stuff is better thought out imo, like being able to assign sets of items to every weapon slot individually rather than having pre-made categories of weapons.
Items are badly balanced now I'd say, but no point messing around with their stats at this point as I imagine TW will do it themselves soonish.

Regarding a possible E1200 mod or similar, I think the clan mechanic would offer a somewhat better way to simulate feudal relations so that's nice

On a negative note, having most clothing items take the color of the unit's faction is an awfull idea, everything's so colorfull now, and not in a good way, but that will prly be easily fixed.

Edit:
Also this. https://bannerlord.party/banner/ Banner editor to get rid of the boring heraldry. The guy who made this tool also made a kingdom color changer mod that lets you change clothing colors on units,great stuff, my troops look ok now :grin:

Last edited:
Thanks for the list, very handy. Yeah, the banners... I don't know why they have to be that crappy. That's something they could have done much better.

Also this. https://bannerlord.party/banner/ Banner editor to get rid of the boring heraldry. The guy who made this tool also made a kingdom color changer mod that lets you change clothing colors on units,great stuff, my troops look ok now :grin:
That's awesome, thank you!

Anyway, I can't play on 1.2 or 1.3 because I'm having this "Save failed!" Error. More and more people are getting it, still no fix. The game becomes unplayable because you're unable to save anymore.
That's EA for you haha

Back
Top Bottom