[PETITION] Rollback/Disable Quit Penalty Indefinitely

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Custom/private servers would be nice, but in my experience playing premades is nigh impossible. Even if no one does leave, which is rare, how can you wrangle 5 randos without voice comms? Maybe I can beat one of them but I’m not a MP god or anything. I suppose I could join a clan, but I don’t see the multiplayer as something I take really seriously as of right now. Is that a reasonable reaction to solo play?

We just pushed out a hotfix so that full-stacks will be paired up against other premade teams. We will continue to expand and work on this system over time to cover different group sizes.

Eventually, we hope to have some form of ranked matchmaking which should help with this a great deal.

We also plan to introduce voice chat to MP at some point during EA too.

We just pushed out a hotfix so that full-stacks will be paired up against other premade teams. We will continue to expand and work on this system over time to cover different group sizes.

Eventually, we hope to have some form of ranked matchmaking which should help with this a great deal.

We also plan to introduce voice chat to MP at some point during EA too.
Ah! I was typing while you posted your last reply! I appreciate the response, and I’ll be looking forward to seeing that in the future :wink:

Yes, this is indeed a faulty logic of yours, because you equate "listening to community" to "doing what I want". They did notice threads about a certain issue, as they have been doing many times in the past and took action. They do listen. Now whether or not it's a decision that we agree with or think is a proper one is another question. But just because we don't like it, we can't say that they don't listen. And me, as well as many other people, are in this thread because we want them to listen once again and revert the changes.
Arguably a little tone-deaf considering the rest of this thread, but since you asked...

Yes, this is indeed a faulty logic of yours, because you equate "listening to community" to "doing what I want".

Straw-man argument (argument aims to refute a point the other party didn't make). My point wasn't that they should do what I say: my point is that caring and listening would entail more than reading the names of 5 threads and basing their actions on that, which I highly doubt is what happened to begin with. Again: a small portion of people requested this change, people pointed out that other matchmaking issues should be resolved before penalties make sense. Callum even posted in one of the threads you linked agreeing with that.

I don't say that TW (as a company) doesn't listen to the community because they don't do exactly what I say.
I say TW (as a company) doesn't listen to the community because they refuse to engage with the community, and don't acknowledge warnings from the community at large about what would happen if certain issues are not addressed in time before Early Access. Lo and behold: those warnings were accurate and came true.
Basing your argument on the premise that "I want TW to do exactly what I say" is a straw-man fallacy, because nowhere do I say that's what my goal is. In fact, I think I made it abundantly clear last time we had this discussion that is inaccurate.

Anyway, I'll not derail this thread any further. It's nice to see that the right improvements to matchmaking are being made. Now if Siege could be moved to custom servers for all regions, that would be even better.

We are currently deploying a small hotfix for the MP queue system which will make it much more likely for premades to be matched against other premades through the matchmaking system. The system will now look to find another premade in the queue and match both teams against each other. If after 3 minutes of searching it doesn't find another premade, it will then proceed to search for a match in the general queue.

I will update you all when it is live (should be quite soon).

ok this is epic

Were getting communication and it gives me so much hope.

The lack of recent communication is entirely down to me and isn't the fault of the company. I took some time off work recently due to a family bereavement.

But I'm back in action now so things should start to improve on that front. I can't promise that everyone's concerns will be addressed immediately, but the developers definitely do read the forums regularly, so while we might not always directly respond to everything, we certainly are aware of the most pressing concerns and issues and are working behind the scenes on solutions.

We are currently deploying a small hotfix for the MP queue system which will make it much more likely for premades to be matched against other premades through the matchmaking system. The system will now look to find another premade in the queue and match both teams against each other. If after 3 minutes of searching it doesn't find another premade, it will then proceed to search for a match in the general queue.

I will update you all when it is live (should be quite soon).

Perfect response from the Callums :grin:

The lack of recent communication is entirely down to me and isn't the fault of the company. I took some time off work recently due to a family bereavement.

But I'm back in action now so things should start to improve on that front. I can't promise that everyone's concerns will be addressed immediately, but the developers definitely do read the forums regularly, so while we might not always directly respond to everything, we certainly are aware of the most pressing concerns and issues and are working behind the scenes on solutions.
Nice to hear that you'll be around a bit more, Callum. Again, I don't mean to say that I have anything against you as a person; I'm just frustrated with how things have gone since the start of the beta. Hope you and your family are all doing okay.
I sincerely hope that TW can see the benefit of having a public roadmap about what you're working on. I think it could help reduce a lot of the frustration that the veteran forum users feel, and gives people a place to point others towards when they have questions rather than needing you to address everything in person (or it going under the radar).

Nice to hear that you'll be around a bit more, Callum. Again, I don't mean to say that I have anything against you as a person; I'm just frustrated with how things have gone since the start of the beta. Hope you and your family are all doing okay.
I sincerely hope that TW can see the benefit of having a public roadmap about what you're working on. I think it could help reduce a lot of the frustration that the veteran forum users feel, and gives people a place to point others towards when they have questions rather than needing you to address everything in person (or it going under the radar).
The roadmap thus far..
1st week of April : Bugfixes, crash fixes, addressing the most pressing issues that prevent players from launching the game,
2nd week of April : Economy balancing, performance improvments, bugfixes, crash fixes.
3rd week of April : CARAVANS!!!!!!!!!!! CARAVANS!!!!!!!!!!!! CARAVANS!!!!!!!!!! CARAVANS!!!!!!!!!!!

/joke

Straw-man argument (argument aims to refute a point the other party didn't make). My point wasn't that they should do what I say: my point is that caring and listening would entail more than reading the names of 5 threads and basing their actions on that,
Straw-man has nothing to do with this, since you yourself say in this very sentence that you think that listening and caring entails something of your own definition, which can be translated to "doing what I want/expect". You can't even prove that their decision was based on 5 threads only, but even if it was, it does include some degree of listening and caring.

Anyway, I'll not derail this thread any further.
Agreed, let's finish at this.

I wanna take a moment @Callum to apologize, give my condolences, and thank you all at once. I think a lot of people needed to see this to stop hyperventilating at the thought they are not being heard.

I also want to thank everyone who put their weapons down for this cause and came together on this. Competition and trash talk will always have its place; but I can't emphasize enough how proud I am to see the turnout and unification of the community when push comes to shove.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom