[PETITION] Rollback/Disable Quit Penalty Indefinitely

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Very well, there's more than one thread on the subject, which I was unable to find. Only one of those has more than a handful of replies, and that one just barely. It is not a subject that has been of greater debate on the forums, nor a subject that has been pushed as being a major issue by the community as a whole. You yourself replied in one of those threads that adding leave penalties at this time is a bad idea (rightly so).
Therefore, I find it a little bit of a stretch to say that "see, Taleworlds listens to us" because people had previously suggested a change they added now. If they had read past the title of such posts they would see why it is almost universally seen as a bad thing (aside from by new players who have not thought through all the consequences).
Would you consider that to be faulty logic?

And if you at any time feel that I used a logical fallacy, feel free to point it out, but make sure you put a little more effort into uncovering it next time.
If I feel the need to once again get into these debates with you, sure. Just keep this one in mind for now.

Very well, there's more than one thread on the subject, which I was unable to find. Only one of those has more than a handful of replies, and that one just barely. It is not a subject that has been of greater debate on the forums, nor a subject that has been pushed as being a major issue by the community as a whole. You yourself replied in one of those threads that adding leave penalties at this time is a bad idea (rightly so).
Therefore, I find it a little bit of a stretch to say that "see, Taleworlds listens to us" because people had previously suggested a change they added now. If they had read past the title of such posts they would see why it is almost universally seen as a bad thing (aside from by new players who have not thought through all the consequences).
Would you consider that to be faulty logic?
Yes, this is indeed a faulty logic of yours, because you equate "listening to community" to "doing what I want". They did notice threads about a certain issue, as they have been doing many times in the past and took action. They do listen. Now whether or not it's a decision that we agree with or think is a proper one is another question. But just because we don't like it, we can't say that they don't listen. And me, as well as many other people, are in this thread because we want them to listen once again and revert the changes.

If I feel the need to once again get into these debates with you, sure. Just keep this one in mind for now.
How does this one relates to me though? I'm not the one who uses that one usually, because I'm more often than not in the minority.

We are currently deploying a small hotfix for the MP queue system which will make it much more likely for premades to be matched against other premades through the matchmaking system. The system will now look to find another premade in the queue and match both teams against each other. If after 3 minutes of searching it doesn't find another premade, it will then proceed to search for a match in the general queue.

I will update you all when it is live (should be quite soon).

We are currently deploying a small hotfix for the MP queue system which will make it much more likely for premades to be matched against other premades through the matchmaking system. The system will now look to find another premade in the queue and match both teams against each other. If after 3 minutes of searching it doesn't find another premade, it will then proceed to search for a match in the general queue.
That sounds promising

I can understand the decision to work on readying the quit penalty-feature, but not the decision to implement it before proper skill-groups or other tools to have groups of friends duel each others (unranked matches as it's inappropriate for groups of friends to meet in ranked matches).

All hail our community manager! Very promising! I hope this works.

And thank you. Deeply. You can't imagine the favor you're doing us with this, TaleWorlds. We're in no way a bunch of negative nay-sayers, we're trying our best. And to be honest, I am deeply concerned that people might really leave if constantly put against nasty stacks, there are a couple of stacks who just plain out hunt down newcomers and/or simple opponents. I for once would like to at least fight these people with my friends to combat this destructive way of playing.

Last edited:

Good response, should make both experienced and new players a lot happier

Does this count multiple stacks of 2 people as equal to stacks of 6?

Any chance of Taleworlds finally responding to inquiries about the map editor, or should we continue to expect the silent treatment?

Wouldn't it be perfect for the mythical alpha branch that you mentioned?

Any chance of Taleworlds finally responding to inquiries about the map editor, or should we continue to expect the silent treatment?

Nothing has changed since the last time we answered the question regarding modding tools, which is that they aren't ready to share just yet. Once we feel they are we will share them.

Finally.

The system you will bring will be perfect for multiplayer balancing. We know that you're working harder on single-player in the early access process, but as you know, there's also a multiplayer part of this game, and the number of people in this section doesn't seem to be underestimated. Please pay attention to the multiplayer section as much as you can.

/Signed.

Last edited:

Definitely good news. Does this differentiate between premade team size? For example, will a premade team of 3 be matched with a premade team of 3, or will it not matter how many members and get the chance to match premade of 3 against premade of 6?

Nothing has changed since the last time we answered the question regarding modding tools, which is that they aren't ready to share just yet. Once we feel they are we will share them.
Well thank you for confirming at least that Taleworlds views the scene editor as part of the same package as the modding tools.

Given Taleworlds' prior statement that the modding tools wouldn't be ready till end of EA, this at least confirms that the scene editor will not be available for some time.

Definitely good news. Does this differentiate between premade team size? For example, will a premade team of 3 be matched with a premade team of 3, or will it not matter how many members and get the chance to match premade of 3 against premade of 6?

For this first hotfix, I think it is just for 6v6, however, we will continue to work on the system to cover different group sizes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom