Resolved Login Failed when joining multiplayer/Not logged in

Users who are viewing this thread

Hello,I'm trying to play multiplayer with a couple of friends but when i start the game it says 'not logged in - you can press the login button to establish connection', when I do so it says instantly 'login failed'.Windows 10.I tried to disable the firewall and antivirus, it did not help

the same not solved
login failed today
no crash
version: beta 1.3
latest build 4950986 , 27 April 2020
before today no problems with MP
other info irrelevant, except that i can play in MP with 1.2.1

Last edited:
@azakhi I'm still just stuck in the "logging in" screen -> I have 9 hours playtime on my steam, and i havent played for real at all. Do you know what causes the issue or are you aware of the problem at all?

There seems to be a rare issue we are still investigating. In the mean could you try these?

There is no MP servers for Beta branch. We open them briefly time to time for testing. You need to be on default or latest version to play MP.
Can we get the necessary files from the main branch saved somehow when installing beta? Having to redownload 2GB of stuff twice a day to switch from MP (to relax) to SP (to try to break Beta) is a bit tooof tedious

The servers don't seem to be working in NA... my party can't get a server to not crash or get the login failure. We also get this bug where its stuck in spec mode in the "Warmup" phase. You can move your camera around but the game never loads.

The servers don't seem to be working in NA... my party can't get a server to not crash or get the login failure. We also get this bug where its stuck in spec mode in the "Warmup" phase. You can move your camera around but the game never loads.

Thanks for reporting. Our monitoring systems also show that there was an issue around 1 AM UTC. Could you explain your what was happening on your side to help us pinpoint the issue? Were you able to get in games? Were servers crashing as soon as you join?

So basically what was happening was it would find a server, then the map would render, and I would be in spectator mode, able to move my camera around the map with the arrow keys, at the top it said warmup phase, but the other players would never load and the server would just be stuck in spectator mode... at other points there would be a "login failed" notice and boot you back to lobby. I was in a party with 2 other people, and on Steam I was in contact with another person in a separate party that was having similar issues.
Then it seemed like many people were having an issue because the amount of people even searching dropped off to nearly zero from dozens.

There is no MP servers for Beta branch. We open them briefly time to time for testing. You need to be on default or latest version to play MP.
This makes sense, but can you make it so that the latest version MP is bundled with the Beta SP? I want to play Beta SP mostly and then sometimes play whatever works for MP, but right now to play MP I have to reinstall 1.4.1 and then to play SP again I have to re-reinstall 1.4.2.

Back
Top Bottom