Resolved One step ahead perk doesn't work

Users who are viewing this thread

Summary: One step ahead perk in tactics that should let you place troops before battle when attacking doesn't work. I just start battle as usual.
How to Reproduce: get one step ahead perk in tactics and attack other party.
Quest/Settlement Name (if related):
Media (Screenshots & Video):
Version: 1.0.0.4
Computer Specs:
GPU: GTX 1660 Ti
CPU: i7-9750H
RAM: 16GB DDR4
Motherboard:
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): SSD

It dos not work for me either. I guess it is just one of the many that are not working yet. It is good to let the developers know though, maybe they can fix it right away.

Just so you all know, it's a Party Leader skill; you need to have it, not a companion. Unfortunately. Even then it probably doesn't work, like many other perks.

Many of the perks right now do not work; and they haven't even addressed their awareness of it, nor do they really state it in their "known issues" post. I guess we just have to keep posting that the perk system is busted in hopes they see it and actually fix them all.

Many of the perks right now do not work; and they haven't even addressed their awareness of it, nor do they really state it in their "known issues" post. I guess we just have to keep posting that the perk system is busted in hopes they see it and actually fix them all.
If you take a look at perks tree, you'll notice that some of them (the ones that are close to lvl 200-250) are marked as locked - they don't have any icon and I believe these shouldn't work for now.

But talking about "One step ahead" perk: some lad tried to convince me that it is very difficult to code the possibilty to place your troops before the battle begins. Yeah, very difficult, considering that such mechanic is ALREADY IMPLEMENTED in the game (sieges send their regards to this lad) and, moreover - it works just fine.

Or perks like "2 more arrows when you're at horse" do not require some global changes in game mechanics to work, but still they don't work.

Some perks give ridiculous bonuses, like "1% to party speed at day". Really? 1%? 1% of 5,1, for example is 0,051 which is ridiculously low and insignificant, I can't even feel the difference between "with" and "without" this perk.

Looking at these makes me wanna ask something like "WTF, Taleworlds?" sometimes. One day we'll see these perks work and rebalanced, I hope.

Yeah, it's one of the biggest reasons I have stopped playing Singleplayer for the time being. All of your time invested is worth nothing with none of the perks functioning like they should.

Yeah, that's why I bumped this as I think perks should be high on the priority list. It makes the game boring and empty.
And I agree on that 1% bonus speed, it really does nothing...perhaps it even doesn't work but we don't know as it is so low change :grin:

Yeah, it's one of the biggest reasons I have stopped playing Singleplayer for the time being. All of your time invested is worth nothing with none of the perks functioning like they should.

Yeah, You play for some days and poof update and save game is gone or don't work anymore.

Basically this game can sit on the steam shelf for like 1 or 2 years I guess as for now playing is more like wasting time.

Last edited:
Yeah, that's why I bumped this as I think perks should be high on the priority list. It makes the game boring and empty.
Not in the Taleworlds list, I suppose. I don't even get how do they choose which problem should be "In Progress" and which shouldn't.

"Perks are not working, here's the list, proofs and screenshots" - ignored.
"Spelling error in Family Feud quest when you're speaking to a thug" - "Thank you for report, forwarding an issue to the developing team".

Not in the Taleworlds list, I suppose. I don't even get how do they choose which problem should be "In Progress" and which shouldn't.

"Spelling error in Family Feud quest when you're speaking to a thug" - "Thank you for report, forwarding an issue to the developing team".
Right :grin: I think they just pick the easiest ones for some reason I'm not really sure. Perhaps just so next patch changelog looks bigger lol.

I don't believe they like lists of issues, thus why they as for one issue per thread in the pinned guide. Perhaps because they can't mark the thread as "In Progress" And "Solved" without actually working on all of the issues contained within. With this one getting more attention and being on one topic it is possible it might get seen/added. I don't believe I've seen perk-related issues get added before either so in this case it could also be that they just aren't looking at the perk trees yet.?‍♂️

I don't believe they like lists of issues, thus why they as for one issue per thread in the pinned guide. Perhaps because they can't mark the thread as "In Progress" And "Solved" without actually working on all of the issues contained within. With this one getting more attention and being on one topic it is possible it might get seen/added. I don't believe I've seen perk-related issues get added before either so in this case it could also be that they just aren't looking at the perk trees yet.?‍♂️
I hope they see this. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone seen any update with this issue? I don't see it in the known issues list.
It should be well known by now that all perks that haven't been reworked are placeholders. Reworked perks are: One Handed, Two-Handed, Polearm, Riding and Athletics.

Hi, this is a known issue and is already in progress on our development. The perk system is being worked on and will be implemented into the game gradually. Do you still have the same problem with the "One step ahead" perk on the latest branch?

so i'm not completely sure... but I think it does work for sieges. if you click a number key it'll let you group select and click to place groupings before the battle. Though to be honest I've never tried that when I don't have the perk (always just used auto place). As far as during the actual map battles, it doesn't work at all

Back
Top Bottom