Love this game but,

Users who are viewing this thread

No RAM makes a huge difference too.
I have an i5-8400 but 8gigs RAM. RAM usage combined with the fact that I have an HDD (the way the HDD pagefile accomodates for limited ram) is absolutely a bottleneck.

There are oodles of posts of people on these forums & Reddit attesting that the jump from 8gig to 16gig is big. That said: Different systems, different bottlenecks. Some people's bottleneck may be CPU. Some people might have multiple bottlenecks too. You can have issues from both 8gigs ram being insufficient AND a CPU that struggles.

In Hussars case his bottleneck is his CPU, since its the weakest component of his system. He has 8gigs RAM but he has an SSD, which means his harddrive can accomodate a much faster pagefile than 8gigs RAM and an HDD. Compare my system, similar but better processor, same ram, and an HDD and I get worse performance than he does most likely.

There's no real shortcut to observing your system & its resource usage and locating where your set-ups limits lie.

No RAM makes a huge difference too.
I have an i5-8400 but 8gigs RAM. RAM usage combined with the fact that I have an HDD (the way the HDD pagefile accomodates for limited ram) is absolutely a bottleneck.

There are oodles of posts of people on these forums & Reddit attesting that the jump from 8gig to 16gig is big. That said: Different systems, different bottlenecks. Some people's bottleneck may be CPU. Some people might have multiple bottlenecks too. You can have issues from both 8gigs ram being insufficient AND a CPU that struggles.

In Hussars case his bottleneck is his CPU, since its the weakest component of his system. He has 8gigs RAM but he has an SSD, which means his harddrive can accomodate a much faster pagefile than 8gigs RAM and an HDD. Compare my system, similar but better processor, same ram, and an HDD and I get worse performance than he does most likely.

There's no real shortcut to observing your system & its resource usage and locating where your set-ups limits lie.

As I've said, amount of total Ram, not it's speed. SSD + CPU + large ram (not fast) = profits. What needs to be fast in this case is just the CPU, that's the bottom line.

Trash specs, what did you expect?
Get a better CPU, 16 gb RAM and an SSD.
It'll run a lot faster.
Even then, the game mini-stutters and occasionally freezes (recovering freezes, though, never crashes under these circumstances). The game still sucks when it comes to optimization, it has a really really really really poor performance.

My CPU is a mid-low spec, an old FX6300, which runs every single ****ing game to date with kind of ease, except Banthelord, which is a game in Early Access, not fully updated, still to be optimized, so the "buy NASA pc bruh!" thing is somewhat invalid, but there's a "minimal" spec to run the game at this stage (which is above the "minimum requirements" they've announced)

As I've said, amount of total Ram, not it's speed. SSD + CPU + large ram (not fast) = profits. What needs to be fast in this case is just the CPU, that's the bottom line.

Even then, the game mini-stutters and occasionally freezes (recovering freezes, though, never crashes under these circumstances). The game still sucks when it comes to optimization, it has a really really really really poor performance.

My CPU is a mid-low spec, an old FX6300, which runs every single ****ing game to date with kind of ease, except Banthelord, which is a game in Early Access, not fully updated, still to be optimized, so the "buy NASA pc bruh!" thing is somewhat invalid, but there's a "minimal" spec to run the game at this stage (which is above the "minimum requirements" they've announced)

I think with a 5 second search you can discover that RAM plays a huge role in the performance part of the game.
It is unoptimized but you don't need a NASA pc to run this crap. You were dealt a bad hand and you gotta play with that. My crappy laptop can run this maxed out.
Go play Warband, like you're supposed to with those crappy specs, and stop whining about how it's the game's fault.

I've heard rumors that there is a specific problem with Intel chipsets. Nearly everyone I've seen who has "chugging" problems, including myself, has an Intel chipset.

It seems to me that the game was developed on AMD chipsets exclusively, and no testing was done on Intel chipsets because AMD was what the Devs had in-house. It's the sort of thing that can slip through the cracks if a studio doesn't have a diverse set of hardware profiles.

I think with a 5 second search you can discover that RAM plays a huge role in the performance part of the game.
It is unoptimized but you don't need a NASA pc to run this crap. You were dealt a bad hand and you gotta play with that. My crappy laptop can run this maxed out.
Go play Warband, like you're supposed to with those crappy specs, and stop whining about how it's the game's fault.
such hostility, are you a cuck?

Back
Top Bottom