Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

like i said we all know. And the qeuesnipe system gave a competetive community a chance to exist. We would've all been fine with battle. TW are the ones that pushed for this and I Quote @Callum 'gamemode designed specifically with the competetive community in mind'. This leaverbuster makes any somewhat organised play impossible. And punishes casual players for it aslong as theres no proper matchmaking or a serverlist.

And like I've said, people shouldn't be expecting the ability to play in a organized/competitive way yet. The only reason the casual players suffer is because people are trying to make a unfinished game competitive before its designed to be. Its a problem players are making and expecting Taleworlds to make a solution too, when another solution exists: Wait for custom matches

It's funny because in my particular group's case since release the process was something like this:
  • Stack up in parties, 99% of matches are non-party teams of pubbies
  • Stomp some pubbies
  • That got very boring very fast
  • Attempt to arrange matches with other parties and clans -> we get better matches and fewer pubbies have to suffer through 0-3s. Literally everyone wins.
And now we're back to square 1. Not that I played much of BL in the past week or so because even the stack v stack matches are full of issues due to the actual game being what it is.

I'm not really sure anyone has gained from this change.

Pubbies seriously!?
Are you a goon or something?

He's not goon, he's salty and he is that justified!
More salt than in Carthage.
And justified.
But Argentum pointed it out. Instead of improving this ****fest, yeah, let the publics get slaughtered like cattle on the spawn!

Cheers!

And like I've said, people shouldn't be expecting the ability to play in a organized/competitive way yet. The only reason the casual players suffer is because people are trying to make a unfinished game competitive before its designed to be. Its a problem players are making and expecting Taleworlds to make a solution too, when another solution exists: Wait for custom matches
It was literally in the game. And they removed it without giving people an alternative.

The punishment for leaving? Its prevents games being basically ruined for those playing casually. Its a pretty usual system that wouldn't see complaints if there was the option for competitive play to happen in other ways, but that will eventually be the case.

The system may need adjusting, but thats why its in the beta branch.
People who don't like to get beaten by stacks will leave, even if there's a punishment system. They just get punished and then shut the game. One less MP player. It would be better to TW to implement proper MM before putting this out, but oh well, who cares if MP dies.

You do realize there is no servers in Beta branch? Next week this is part of stable branch.

Pubbies seriously!?
Are you a goon or something?
Pardon if that sounded wrong, in the events I host and go to mod the 'public host' or non-clan affiliated people that attend events are referred to as 'pubbies', 'public players' or as I said the 'public host'. It's not meant to be derogatory, just a term.

Then TW should remove queueing with friends/clans. I'm sure everybody would love that.

People who don't like to get beaten by stacks will leave, even if there's a punishment system. They just get punished and then shut the game. One less MP player. It would be better to TW to implement proper MM before putting this out, but oh well, who cares if MP dies.

You do realize there is no servers in Beta branch? Next week this is part of stable branch.

Again, a issue only existing because players are trying to play competitively before the game is ready for it. Its a player created issue. Its also a major turn off for new players to start up a game, have players leave because they are looking to match against another team.

Then TW should remove queueing with friends/clans. I'm sure everybody would love that.

I think they should. Queues with more than 2 players are designed to fail/be imbalanced unless you are matching up against others who are also part of a team. Temporarily disable it until they actually have a proper match making system.

I think they should. Queues with more than perhaps 2 players is designed to fail unless you are matching up against others who are also part of a team. Temporarily disable it until they actually have a proper match making system.
And i actually suggested that weeks ago. Because it was obvious how MP would evolve (before the qeuesnipe exploit was found). But they're not doing either.

And i actually suggested that weeks ago. Because it was obvious how MP would evolve (before the qeuesnipe exploit was found). But they're not doing either.

That I can agree with. They clearly are not catering to a competitive scene yet, and a team queing togeather is just going to fight against people queuing Solo, its bound to cause issues.

I think they should. Queues with more than 2 players are designed to fail/be imbalanced unless you are matching up against others who are also part of a team. Temporarily disable it until they actually have a proper match making system.
Thanks for nothing, be so kind then and remove yourself from this discussion because you're obviously not reading what we are posting and ways around this. We provided AMPLE and a ****ton of evidence, arguments and ways to improve the situation, you just choose to ignore it.
That's part of the problem, not us! Thanks for reading.

That I can agree with. They clearly are not catering to a competitive scene yet, and a team queing togeather is just going to fight against people queuing Solo, its bound to cause issues.
This is just not how multiplayer works. It usually develops itself around given opportunities and environments. And here the developer decides to just shut it down.
It's no solution, it's prescribing painkillers to tumor instead of trying to cure it.

But you like the idea of punishing casuals for that?
this.

But you like the idea of punishing casuals for that?

No ban system: Competitive players try to queue in a way to match up with other teams. They leave if they can't, screwing over casual players in queue.

Ban system: Competitive players can't leave matches, solo que players are forced to play against teams. Screwing them over.

Casual players are screwed either way, the only difference being is the reason that players get screwed when theirs a ban system is entirely on the competitive community forcing a way to play competitively before the game has a actual option for it

That's true, absolutely. But the current situation now forces *every* stack of six people to engage. Publics just wanting their fun and enjoy themselves will get instead punished and stomped into the ground without any means to help themselves. These teams are connected via discord/teamspeak and they will employ the tactics they want to use against other clans/stacks instead on these people. 3:0 nearly guaranteed. Cheers.

+1, we had these moments already while trying to scrim internally. 3:0 for both stacks. Not just once, but multiple times.
Yeah, they will. They can learn to get better or play a more casual experience. But until there's ranks they deserve to get to play the game mode if they're up for it imo

No ban system: Competitive players try to queue in a way to match up with other teams. They leave if they can't, screwing over casual players in queue.

Ban system: Competitive players can't leave matches, solo quo players are forced to play against teams. Screwing them over.

Casual players are screwed either way, the only difference being is the reason that players get screwed when theirs a ban system is entirely on the competitive community forcing a way to play competitively before the game has a actual option for it
You are clearly not listening.

Yeah, they will. They can learn to get better or play a more casual experience. But until there's ranks they deserve to get to play the game mode if they're up for it imo
There won't be a learning effect for newcomers if you get just cleaned without opposition by crossfires, 2v1 interlocked strikes etc. You can just hide behind a shield and hope it to be over soon which will probably be 3:0 if they face a stack.

Bannerlord Competitive Scene (lol) - come back in a few weeks.
We still have months of patching ahead of us. Almost a year.
Feedback is good, but whiny spamming and being salty and telling other people to delete themselves will solve nothing.

Back
Top Bottom