Patch Notes e1.2.0 & Beta e1.3.0

Users who are viewing this thread

is co-op coming in near future?
TK1oDw9.png
God, i hope so, me and my friends will play the fck of this game then

It is unfortunate that the tools aren't there to allow clans to arrange proper scrims right now, I totally agree. But you also have to think of the people that queue to find a match only to see a team drop out immediately before the match even starts.

Eventually, we will be able to share server files with the community so they can host their own private servers. We will also be making more updates to multiplayer throughout the early access period, including ranked matchmaking, which should help in the long term. In the short term we are trying to fix the issue with passworded servers so we can at least start making a server available for clans to spend some time on.
makes me wonder why even release multiplayer if its in this state

It is unfortunate that the tools aren't there to allow clans to arrange proper scrims right now, I totally agree. But you also have to think of the people that queue to find a match only to see a team drop out immediately before the match even starts.

Eventually, we will be able to share server files with the community so they can host their own private servers. We will also be making more updates to multiplayer throughout the early access period, including ranked matchmaking, which should help in the long term. In the short term we are trying to fix the issue with passworded servers so we can at least start making a server available for clans to spend some time on.
Eventually will be when?
I stress this again, Callum, with all due respect. If people are forced to play this match this will get worse and not in two tweeks but tomorrow. The multiplayer will deteriotate as soon as this update goes live, because if clans want to meet each other, they will just go ahead and stomp "publics". I heard this statement already from different clans. I don't like this situation, I already stressed it in differen threads that newcomers are not in a good situation right now and I tried my best by providing a platform for the community so some newcomers can be taken a long and shown how M&B works.
The new update shuts this infrastructure completely down, breaking up the coordinated effort multiple people took to improve the experience showing pure ignorance of our efforts.

You give a 15 minute timeout, killing off the other guys will take 10 minutes, if the clan puts in the effort. You can do the math. These people will leave and will probably never come back to MP.

This is not about being "toxic" or stubborn.

I am in favor of the rule with 15 minutes timeout for leaving and ruining a lobby. But right now this is not the right time to implement this feature because of arguments above. If this beta update goes live you will endanger public people more than before and leavers will in the end go unpunished because they don't care and six stacks will continue to roll over them and for groups wanting to fight each other they will just finish it quick. And if they play coordinated instead of just playing for fun this will be a pure stomp with no fun for these poeple involved.

EDIT

The truth is, I honestly don't know. I'm speaking the server guys right now about it to see what is going on. I will update you all as soon as I know more.
Then you are not to be blamed. But still, the situation frustrates a lot. It's EA, we know. We try our best right now to improve the experience for everyone and we get shut down like this.

I tried to be constructive up to now, trying to calm even others, not being annoying or toxic. But this really pisses me off, on a personal level. Because it shows partly pure detachment from the current situation in MP. 50% of the time you meet stacks. Now you force them to slaughter publics. You remove the opportunity to disengage. Both situations will be frustrating but getting slaughtered with no option to to either leave or to win. Cheers. 8 Years.

Last edited:
He said there's no difference between what they put on beta 1.2 and what they released to the main branch, as in, they didn't change anything from beta to release, which nullifies the point of the beta.
I mean what about the changes from the hotfix, they got tested and are ready for release. Beta 1.3 are changes from the time after the hotfix that still need testing? Hotfixes don't count these days?

Scroll down some more, beta is now 1.3.
I know about beta 1.3.0, what I mean is they created a version Main 1.2.0 that incorporated everything from Beta 1.2.0,
So today they added Beta 1.3.0, which is great, and a duplicate of Beta 1.2.0
The goal of a Beta is to test features and only the good ones make it to the public version, but so far they pushed everthing from Beta 1.1.0 to Main 1.1.0 (including the bug and broken features) and now they did the same for 1.2.0
I have a thread about this, I know about 1.3.0, I'm wondering the use of the Beta branch.

He said there's no difference between what they put on beta 1.2 and what they released to the main branch, as in, they didn't change anything from beta to release, which nullifies the point of the beta.

No... Beta branches are for testing. If tests reveal nothing to be fixed a Beta becoming the Main without any change at all is the ideal normal and doing change requests in beta is a balancing act as any resources in change requests will degrade your resources for bug fixes and change requests will introduce new bugs. You take feedback from the beta into the next development cycle unless the beta completely fails to deliver, not try to cram more and more change requests into the beta version without cleaning up what is there instead. Otherwise you produce ****ty code.

Given the bi-weekly cycle you really don't want them to muck around in the beta too much diverging beta branch from new dev branch too much.

In the old times a Beta meant the exact version you want to go live with and the Beta run was solely about discovering bugs. You would change anything at all beyond bug fixes. Obviously that was when a software release involved sending it to the prints.

No... Beta branches are for testing. If tests reveal nothing to be fixed a Beta becoming the Main without any change at all is the ideal normal and doing change requests in beta is a balancing act as any resources in change requests will degrade your resources for bug fixes and change requests will introduce new bugs. You take feedback from the beta into the next development cycle unless the beta completely fails to deliver, not try to cram more and more change requests into the beta version without cleaning up what is there instead. Otherwise you produce ****ty code.

Given the bi-weekly cycle you really don't want them to muck around in the beta too much diverging beta branch from new dev branch too much.

You may have a point if they hadn't done this every time now and went about immediately fixing **** on main branch and only addressing game breaking **** after it's on main. They're clearly not listening to feedback and changing stuff in the beta release before the main branch.

Last edited:

The problem is the prioritization of implementation- You've basically severed the one artery we have interim to actually do any kind of organized play. I did advocate for quit punishment; You guys dropped the losses column to discourage quitting. Is it going to stop all quitters? No- but I did see a definitive rise of players sticking through losing matches, and that was enough.

Please push to have the cooldown implementation rolled back/disabled until the time that an alternative resolution is sustainable;
  • The release of server files
  • The implementation of password-accessible servers on your end
Groups like the RatParty that promote community growth and play with organization/communication, and any tournaments/events looking to be carried out by the community are essentially crippled. It's a mistake to inhibit the growth of the Bannerlord community with changes that are not ready to be added without the support of modules not in place yet.

It's very exciting to see you guys hearing us and making changes that make sense to both sides of the player/developer coin; but in this instance, we really need to consider the order in which these features are implemented!!

Last edited:
Eventually will be when?
I stress this again, Callum, with all due respect. If people are forced to play this match this will get worse and not in two tweeks but tomorrow. The multiplayer will deteriotate as soon as this update goes live, because if clans want to meet each other, they will just go ahead and stomp "publics". I heard this statement already from different clans. I don't like this situation, I already stressed it in differen threads that newcomers are not in a good situation right now and I tried my best by providing a platform for the community so some newcomers can be taken a long and shown how M&B works.
The new update shuts this infrastructure completely down, breaking up the coordinated effort multiple people took to improve the experience showing pure ignorance of our efforts.

You give a 15 minute timeout, killing off the other guys will take 10 minutes, if the clan puts in the effort. You can do the math. These people will leave and will probably never come back to MP.

This is not about being "toxic" or stubborn.

I am in favor of the rule with 15 minutes timeout for leaving and ruining a lobby. But right now this is not the right time to implement this feature because of arguments above. If this beta update goes live you will endanger public people more than before and leavers will in the end go unpunished because they don't care and six stacks will continue to roll over them and for groups wanting to fight each other they will just finish it quick. And if they play coordinated instead of just playing for fun this will be a pure stomp with no fun for these poeple involved.

EDIT

Then you are not to be blamed. But still, the situation frustrates a lot. It's EA, we know. We try our best right now to improve the experience for everyone and we get shut down like this.

I tried to be constructive up to now, trying to calm even others, not being annoying or toxic. But this really pisses me off, on a personal level. Because it shows partly pure detachment from the current situation in MP. 50% of the time you meet stacks. Now you force them to slaughter publics. You remove the opportunity to disengage. Both situations will be frustrating but getting slaughtered with no option to to either leave or to win. Cheers. 8 Years.

+++

I think the reason is I've never seen developers in Skirmish mod since EA. Maybe developers want to try to play some matches in a row against not even a clan, but just an organized team of friends who knows how to block at least. You have to feel this pleasure of bein rolled with no chance to win even a single round. It's so much fun! Maybe you don't know but there is a warm up in the game before the actual battle starts. It longs for some minutes and even if we leave it's still enough time for the next random players to find this match and fulfill the empty side. No problem at all!

We found the best temporary solution to let new players fight against each other and not bother them by our stack. It is not because we think they **** players etc, no! We just understand that more matches we play against non-organized public, then more new players will be freaked out by MP and never come back. And it will affect us in the future as well, coz everyone knows the simple fact - no new players = dead MP.

So, we agree that an MMR system is needed, great. But until that arrives, this is a good change as it at least incentivizes people to not just leave right away, which would further unbalance the teams.

6man queue could be a temporary fix but I doubt it will be implemented. Heres hoping private servers will come sooner rather than later.

That's not an argument. Already said above but preventing people from leaving matches they think they will lose gives their entire team a bigger chance to actually win it - the chance is still low, but it's definitely higher with 6 people on your team than it is with 3.

Yep, effectively a bunch of people admittedly to being sore players and trying to justify it. Really hard to have epic matches with epic comebacks when all these tools rage quit after 2 minutes of play

I can imagine the horror of random players. Who will see our clan party and suffer destruction. Not be able to leave the match. We won't be interested in killing random players either.

You may have a point if they hadn't done this every time now and went about immediately fixing **** on main branch and only addressing game breaking **** after it's on main. They're clearly not listening to feedback and changing stuff in the beta release before the main branch.
I played 1.2 for the last week and it wasn't worse than 1.1.

Back
Top Bottom