A thank you to the developers

Users who are viewing this thread

Just because it isn't said enough and may easily be drowned out by threads demanding various fixes or rants, I just want to thank the developers at Taleworlds for the job they have done so far.
It's not even been a month of EA and the stability of the game and performance has already improved very much.
At first almost every second quest would cause a ctd, sieges would crash your game and factions would literally conquer the world in 3 in game years.

Those issues were fixed and while other problems remain, a new player could still very well sink a lot of hours of playtime into the game.

It only speaks for the potential of the game, and the frustration aired by a lot of people in this forum and over at reddit are due to the passion that we all have for bannerlord, why would we else have waited for 8 years for this game.

So on that note, thank you taleworlds and stay healthy

I'll join in on this, thank you TW! The game can only get better and I'm looking very much forward to all the new and improved things!

Well, I just want to say BIG THANKS to all anonymous talented modders. also working from home, for free.. maybe some small donation here and there. They really made this game playable/enjoyable. Than you guys, you are doing amazing work!

Well, I just want to say BIG THANKS to all anonymous talented modders. also working from home, for free.. maybe some small donation here and there. They really made this game playable/enjoyable. Than you guys, you are doing amazing work!
This. Those people are the real heroes, selfless and hard working; bringing joy to our community and hope for a better tomorrow.

I also would like to thank my dog who accidentally pressed the "add chart" and later "buy for myself" buttons on steam without reading the description,but what can you do hes a dog he cant read, he cant absorb that information and act upon that information,hes not a intelligent life form

if he could read he would see something like this;
Although we strive to create a stable game experience, the game will be actively developed during early access and hence there will be a greater chance of bugs and glitches creeping up. It will of course be a priority to fix these.

and would have said to himself hmm this game is in such state huh?

I also would like to thank my brain for having enough brain cells to rub together so I would not expect things to get finished as fast as I can post on forums

I also would like to thank those brain cells for creating enough spark to know mods are temporary solutions to immediate problems while devs had think about the future build which will potentially make them useless down the line

I would also thank my common sense to know the game development is not modifiying some xml. file someone else who own the engine wrote may or may not change

thank god Im not my dog!

I also thank Taleworlds for their ''wasting time'' of developing a new engine as if they used same Warband engine it was going to severely limit everything from map sizes to battles!! In return the development took quite long time and it isn't finished yet but when it is the game will be far superior to the old engine one in every way. I also appreciate greatly how they are letting modder community to really do whatever they want as there are many developers who try to limit modding or even kill it completely, here is an example if you wonder...

Last edited by a moderator:
Credit where credit's due. I was really impressed by how mounted is handled. When main character glancing around on sync with camera, it just feels so much fluent and natural compared to Warband. Especially the movement happens when mounting on horse, performing a swift stop to sideways, is the kind of things you would expect from Mount & Blade game.

I also would like to thank my dog who accidentally pressed the "add chart" and later "buy for myself" buttons on steam without reading the description,but what can you do hes a dog he cant read, he cant absorb that information and act upon that information,hes not a intelligent life form

if he could read he would see something like this;
Although we strive to create a stable game experience, the game will be actively developed during early access and hence there will be a greater chance of bugs and glitches creeping up. It will of course be a priority to fix these.

and would have said to himself hmm this game is in such state huh?

I also would like to thank my brain for having enough brain cells to rub together so I would not expect things to get finished as fast as I can post on forums

I also would like to thank those brain cells for creating enough spark to know mods are temporary solutions to immediate problems while devs had think about the future build which will potentially make them useless down the line

I would also thank my common sense to know the game development is not modifiying some xml. file someone else who own the engine wrote may or may not change

thank god Im not my dog!

This.

I would also like to thank TW , because i've been having a total blast since the game's EA launched.
I loved the hotfixes and patches and i would also like to thank all the modders for balancing the game.
I dream of a world where modders and developers work closer together.
Some of the mods planned for this game will make it playable for the next decade.

But hey , can you please fix the memory leaks ? QQ

The moment you spent 50$ you thanked them.

It's alright folks.

Stupid statement. You can buy a game and not worth the money, doesn't mean that you're happy with it and thanking.
Geez why is a bad thing these days to be kind and polite? Why every time somebody wants to be gratefull some keyboard "badass kitty" comes in to action?

And yes keep up the good work devs!

Well they sold a ARSE LOAD of copies, I'm sure the millions of dollars they made from us is thank you enough no?

Buying early access copies shows we trust them enough to pay for an unfinished product. Saying thank you means we appreciate their efforts.

Don't be entitled, you bought a copy of their product not shares, they warned you that it is not finished and that if you wanted the full experience you should wait for full release.

Stupid statement. You can buy a game and not worth the money, doesn't mean that you're happy with it and thanking.
Geez why is a bad thing these days to be kind and polite? Why every time somebody wants to be gratefull some keyboard "badass kitty" comes in to action?

And yes keep up the good work devs!

Maybe because publishers and game "journalists" have successfully lead an "entitled" gamer narrative that somehow worked. The gaming market is one that makes MILLIONS for developers and publishers yet it's unique in that games cannot be criticized, dev's are to be protected, gamers are entitled, and broken **** is okay. This happens in no other medium, not movies, not appliances, no other art forms. Only in gaming culture can you buy a product and be expected to thank them at the same time.

Having said that I'm a plant operator at a grain processing plant. We make gluten, flour and ethanol. Literally 1000's of KG's a day. We've upped production as they're using our ethanol for hand sanitizer. I'm working loads of overtime. I know I make good money but could you please thank me? I'm saving the world over here. Be nice.

Maybe because publishers and game "journalists" have successfully lead an "entitled" gamer narrative that somehow worked. The gaming market is one that makes MILLIONS for developers and publishers yet it's unique in that games cannot be criticized, dev's are to be protected, gamers are entitled, and broken **** is okay. This happens in no other medium, not movies, not appliances, no other art forms. Only in gaming culture can you buy a product and be expected to thank them at the same time.

Having said that I'm a plant operator at a grain processing plant. We make gluten, flour and ethanol. Literally 1000's of KG's a day. We've upped production as they're using our ethanol for hand sanitizer. I'm working loads of overtime. I know I make good money but could you please thank me? I'm saving the world over here. Be nice.

Hey at least even in its current state Bannerlord makes more sense than this

MV5BODcwZWFiNTEtNDgzMC00ZmE2LWExMzYtNzZhZDgzNDc5NDkyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTQxNzMzNDI@._V1_SY1000_CR0,0,654,1000_AL_.jpg

And yes, I for one am thankful for what you are doing. I wouldn't be any less thankful if there wasn't a pandemic going on, to be honest, because without workers like yourself society wouldn't be able to function. As I am thankful for nurses, doctors, and all individuals who contribute to society (I wouldn't count most politicians in that category, but I digress).

I think OP's point is that devs are currently actually doing more than what is strictly expected of them right now. They are releasing patches with a regularity that I haven't seen in any other early access title, actually listening to player feedback and fixing things as they go. I feel that this thread is meant to counterbalance the entitled raging threads that we see popping around on this forum.

The way I see it, this game has a soul. Which is more that can be said of most titles out there. Even with all its problems, lack of balance, missing features, you can tell that people actually invested themselves in this. It is rare to find something like this in a game nowadays. And there is nothing wrong with spreading around some positive vibes, we surely can all use some of that these days.

Now excuse me, gotta go inject Clorox wipes in my veins real quick (now should we be grateful for that I wonder...).

Dude who say's that games cannot be criticized? They are and it's a good thing, constructive critic is what make a product being good. But it's a difference in criticized and just complain about anything. We have to understand that there is no such thing as perfect game, even after the final patch there will be some issues and unbalance in the game.

If you think that every dev that worked or is working at the game is a millionaire then you must be crazy, it is a well paid job, yes, but just like you they work a lot and the pressure and stress and overtime is the same as you. The only difference is that it's not the same thing. If you go to the sop and you buy a phone, you say "thanx" to the salesman , cuz you are being polite right? You don't told him **** off boy, you're making millions anywayz so where are all the workerz that were involved in the production of this phone?

And being polite and grateful with devs it's not a bad thing, it's how you grow a community, a good community not a toxic one where everything is crap and so one like alot of other games have; if you are looking from where all this project started, from M&B to Bannerlord, well hats down!

But l know, it's much easier to b*tch about everything than being actually helpful.

Back
Top Bottom