Matchmaking Discord for Skirmish

Users who are viewing this thread

URGENT: Devs might roll out 1.3, which is currently beta. With the changes which will come with 1.3 this project will die even before it started. With all due respect, this is not the right way to implement changes to an already difficult multiplayer experience. Please consider signing this petition and this open letter, even if you're not that much into the multiplayer. Maybe we can stop it. Thanks!
We were heard! Thanks for all the support.

These are the matchmaking discord for the community to get 6v6 against each other rolling and improve the overall experience of Skirmish.

EU: NA: All Regions: discord.gg/Km9DmM4

Hello,

I've spent some thoughts, especially after my clan startet to try scrims internally and against other groups, on how to improve the current situation in Skirmish. Since the lack of custom servers is one of the biggest issues the Multiplayer scene is facing at the moment and Stacks of six people are stomping/dominating Skirmish, I thought of ways out of this situation. Well, it's not a way out yet, but a way to mitigate the problem for newcomers and others not being able to field a stack of 6.

The issue about stacks is and matchmaking in my opinion is:
1. They are way too common to face. If you play alone, you're easily run over by these voice-connected stacks who probably play dedicated in one team for more than just the EA period of bannerlord.
2. It forces others to counter stack to not get rolled over in public matchmaking, making this worse.
3. 6v6 Skirmish against other groups, formations and clans is a more fun experience then to get worked through a meatgrinder alone by these stacks and it can be quite competitive if you play more than one Skirmish, but rather five.

DR tried out yesterday extensively against RS last night, which was a fun experience for both teams. I think we planned to do just 2 or 3 matches, in the end we played 5, atmosphere was good, very respectful and the games were intense. After a little brainstorming I think I found a way to mitigate the problem if a certain amount of stacks are willing to join the concept.

Observations about the matchmaking queue:
1. If there is a team of six in the queue it will block one side completely.
2. Groups of 3 or less can be assigned to a running Skirmish in case there's a shortage of manpower there. The less players in these matches the more likely you get assigned to a running Skirmish in need of reinforcement than to get assigned to a new Skirmish.
3. If two teams want to meet each other and queue at the same time via countdown the likelyhood to meet each other is increased.

If not just two but lets say 4 stacks of 6 who would be enter the matchmaking parallel instead now try to coordinate each other it would mitigate the effect it has on the normal public matchmaking because these stacks then will not be able to stomp publics but rather fight each other. The boons are obvious: Real competition, getting as close to real competitive gaming as we can get for the current status quo. And not killing off newcomers to the game.
My idea how to improve this even further would be the creation of a dedicated discord server and to queue with each wanted matchup in intervals of 15/10 minutes.
Meaing: two teams entering a queue, getting matched, then the next two try it and so on and so forth.
I know quite a couple of teams are already doing this out there and if you coordinate this effort I hope that new players might not get frustrated and leave and on the other hand we can start to create a ground work for competitive play. I am not willing to give up Bannerlord yet, so I try to be constructive.

So yeah, this is my concept, feel free to share your opinion or ideas how to even improve it. If you're genuinely interested in helping setting up this community and try to improve the Multiplayer with the tools given to us at the moment, feel free to add me on steam or send me a PM on TW I will reply!

Last edited:
+

When you play 4-6 stack against no-stack team it's very frustrating for both sides.
I dont think that the problem is about the stack but about the skill difference. Even if you just have 1 beginner in your team, it can unbalance teams very quick. The chain is just as strong as the weakest link.

A matchmaking discord would be nice in general not just for 6 man stacks.

I dont think that the problem is about the stack but about the skill difference. Even if you just have 1 beginner in your team, it can unbalance teams very quick. The chain is just as strong as the weakest link.

A matchmaking discord would be nice in general not just for 6 man stacks.
We had a crash in the second match we had, on that I agree, it affected balance of the match up a lot. But still it was a lot of fun, we didn't take it too seriously, we just wanted to enjoy the game within the framework TaleWorlds provided so far.

The idea with setting up a Discord for this would be to give some of the loners or not 6-stacks the ability to band together to create a stack of six.with other interested players and communicate via voice. Would be improving the Skirmish Experience for everyone and we could advertise this here, catching some newcomers and maybe even teach them a bit about how this game works from the experience we gathered here and the old knowledge of Warband.

A couple of my clan members startet setting up this matchmaking discord already, @Caps.

Last edited:
We had a crash in the second match we had, on that I agree, it affected balance of the match up a lot. But still it was a lot of fun, we didn't take it too seriously, we just wanted to enjoy the game within the framework TaleWorlds provided so far.

The idea with setting up a Discord for this would be to give some of the loners or not 6-stacks the ability to band together to create a stack of six.with other interested players and communicate via voice. Would be improving the Skirmish Experience for everyone and we could advertise this here, catching some newcomers and maybe even teach them a bit about how this game works from the experience we gathered here and the old knowledge of Warband.

A couple of my clan members startet setting up this matchmaking discord already, @Caps.
nice

Na has something like that, “rat parties” where 12 dudes que at the same time so to fight each other. Wonder if Eu has something similar

In other games people usually call this sync dropping and it's defiantly a useful temporary solution.

In the past I've mostly seen it used to get around solo vs. group matchmakers, but this is obviously with a very different goal in mind.

Eu should make a discord/ts like rat parties, it has been working incredibly well for na we’ve been getting 4-5 scrims in a day

This was a problem we saw coming from months and months away. I remember Charlini, Marko, and Silen discussing this exact scenario ages ago and it's a shame this hasn't received any attention or prevention from TW. I've repeated this so many times I'm running out of ways to say it so I'll go for the pokemon analogy:

As it turns out when you start the game in Pallet Town with a level 5 starter, get random five other level 5 pokemon as teammates, and then get faced with a team full of level 60 charizards controlled by Elite Four tier players that have been playing together for years -- you'll probably uninstall that version of pokemon and never play it again.

This was a problem we saw coming from months and months away. I remember Charlini, Marko, and Silen discussing this exact scenario ages ago and it's a shame this hasn't received any attention or prevention from TW. I've repeated this so many times I'm running out of ways to say it so I'll go for the pokemon analogy:

As it turns out when you start the game in Pallet Town with a level 5 starter, get random five other level 5 pokemon as teammates, and then get faced with a team full of level 60 charizards controlled by Elite Four tier players that have been playing together for years -- you'll probably uninstall that version of pokemon and never play it again.

They are still in early access duuudejust wait !!!

Back
Top Bottom