When is Bannerlord playable?

Users who are viewing this thread

Wouldn't you play it without these?
let's try it with a different answer:

if you force me to play it without mods I would do it, but I would throw black looks at you from time to time...

I also wouldn't play skyrim without UI mods and other stuff and that's not ea.

i hope that makes sense, I'm not native english. Am I using the wrong language mod then? :shock:

//edit: I played the game on march 30th and further days for hours when no mods existed. (as I did with skyrim)

Last edited:
Since many people here misunderstood what I meant by "unplayable", here is a quote from tandrej which describes it pretty good.

I don't define playability as being able to load the game and play it. If that was the case, you could create a game in a few minutes, drop a ball to a plane, give control over the ball to player and let him roll the ball around. There, a game that can be played. Does playing it makes any sense? No.

And if a game depends so much on mods, that people might not even play it without them, I would consider it "unplayable" too. A game should not be dependant on mods, they are meant to enhance the experience, not make playable.

Since many people here misunderstood what I meant by "unplayable", here is a quote from tandrej which describes it pretty good.

And if a game depends so much on mods, that people might not even play it without them, I would consider it "unplayable" too. A game should not be dependant on mods, they are meant to enhance the experience, not make playable.
But it is playable, there's a definition to the word "playable" and your or someone else's definition of the word doesn't matter.
What you've quoted there makes no sense, even the game they describe is playable. Playable != making sense to play, those are two different things entirely.

But it is playable, there's a definition to the word "playable" and your or someone else's definition of the word doesn't matter.
What you've quoted there makes no sense, even the game they describe is playable. Playable != making sense to play, those are two different things entirely.

Most people understod what I meant by that and I got the answers I was looking for.

I hope you don't count me to those who think the game is unplayable without mods..

They just enhance the experience and "unlock" some stuff that isn't in the game right now, which we knew before we bought it.

Things like FastDialogue isn't something that has to be implemented to native, it's just a nice idea by someone who put it into a mod

OP...clearly you think the game is unplayable, hence the thread and your commentary which is constantly pushing to that conclusion.

If the game is unplayable for you...play something else for a while and come back in a few weeks / months to check on progress...or don't. You really shouldn't sign up to an EA unless you are prepared to accept the game will have some basic / non-functioning / missing features.

The broad answer from reading this thread...many people are playing it and enjoying it, some less so, some are using mods to help and a few people really don't like it...there is your answer, not very surprising for an EA.

OP...clearly you think the game is unplayable, hence the thread and your commentary which is constantly pushing to that conclusion.

If the game is unplayable for you...play something else for a while and come back in a few weeks / months to check on progress...or don't. You really shouldn't sign up to an EA unless you are prepared to accept the game will have some basic / non-functioning / missing features.

The broad answer from reading this thread...many people are playing it and enjoying it, some less so, some are using mods to help and a few people really don't like it...there is your answer, not very surprising for an EA.
Agreed. This game is definitely playable. The core M&B experience - combat - is there, albeit very flawed. The problem is just the game atm has nothing more to offer. I am a bit more pessimistic. I somehow believe that if it took TW 8 years to ship this, it might need more than a year to complete it. So several weeks/months probably won't help.

Agreed. This game is definitely playable. The core M&B experience - combat - is there, albeit very flawed. The problem is just the game atm has nothing more to offer. I am a bit more pessimistic. I somehow believe that if it took TW 8 years to ship this, it might need more than a year to complete it. So several weeks/months probably won't help.
That is a fair point...it could take a year or more to be fully retail ready. Edit the rest of my comment was not fair to the OP and is withdrawn.

You really shouldn't sign up to an EA unless you are prepared to accept the game will have some basic / non-functioning / missing features.

"The game contains all of the main staples of the Mount & Blade experience, with a host of content that is new to the series." That clearly doesen't sound like what Bannerlord ea is right now (granted, they did quite some improvement already, but it still isn't how I expected it). Sure, they wrote about some missing features, lack of content and imbalances, but how could I have guessed from their blogs, that there will be over 6k bugs (many even game breaking) and absolute core mechanics like economy, diplomacy and combat AI will be such a disaster. I waited for over 8 years, read all their blogs and was active in the forum, I expected a decent game that just needs some polishing, not a beta like game.

"The game contains all of the main staples of the Mount & Blade experience, with a host of content that is new to the series." That clearly doesen't sound like what Bannerlord ea is right now (granted, they did quite some improvement already, but it still isn't how I expected it). Sure, they wrote about some missing features, lack of content and imbalances, but how could I have guessed from their blogs, that there will be over 6k bugs (many even game breaking) and absolute core mechanics like economy, diplomacy and combat AI will be such a disaster. I waited for over 8 years, read all their blogs and was active in the forum, I expected a decent game that just needs some polishing, not a beta like game.
It has been so massive, I've heard the slap from here in Spain. :lol:

what an unbelievably manchildish tirade. Do you feel better? What an embarrassing post

It’s $50 man. About the same as a single tank of gas. This game is far from perfect. After my initial main save got corrupted after 60 hours and crashes on start, I’ve resolved myself to waiting for a month or two to try again. But, those 60 hours were a blast and filled with beautiful artwork and a very expansive, finely crafted world.

I’m not super happy about the core gameplay being largely unimplemented,but it’s a fun game to mess with until it’s fully ready and realized.

you asked, while stomping your feet, what is this game trying to be? Well, it’s not trying to be any of the other titles you irrelevantly shoehorned into your spergpost, it’s bannerlord. It’s a synthesis of many of those genres and that synthesis is exactly what I bought it for.

cant wait for it to keep being developed, and if they do deliver on the depth I’m hoping for, hell, I might just buy an extra copy to offset your flailing, misguided anger.

You are talking to someone who would ask for 1 cent back which he borrowed to his best friend. I value money as I know how much of myself I invest into earning those 500 USD / month, while hating every second of 10h working days and almost nothing left after paying for everything.

Tank of gas is 10-15 USD here. Still means nothing, even if I was the richest man on Earth, I still wouldn't spend a cent on things I consider useless or give a cent to a person that doesn't deserve it, even if that person would die without it.

I've never bought a game, movie, tv show, song etc. , but I played almost everything that was worth playing, watched over 1000 movies and tv shows, listened to so many songs. I would've probably killed myself long time ago if I had to pay for any of those, as I wouldn't be able to and those are the reason I get from bed

Ignore artwork. What is expansive and finely crafted? What is so different compared to Warband? If you never enter a city or a village, but play through text fields, then every city and village is same, just wares and prices change. It's better to be good at one thing than bad or medicore in many. Each of the games I've mentioned is good at one thing. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned Kingdom come, as I only have watched gameplay on YouTube, but my first reaction to it was "oh look, Mount & Blade as it should be"

Point of my post was to share my opinion, without trying to achieve anything. I never try to change someone's opinion as I don't care what people think. Also, I've learned long time ago that it's super hard to change an average opinion, so I'm not even going to try that, ever. I'm far from emotional in general. I see no point in life, so I care about nothing. It would be silly of me to care about a game that I received as a gift and played for a few hours before uninstalling it forever. More than a week has passed since I unistalled it, so it's not about anger and outburst. I check forum from time to time to check the latest patch notes to see what's happening and if there are any interesting topics. I stumbled upon this one and decided to register and comment. I just dislike immorality like selling pre-alpha game for a full price and getting both free testing and money. I would never let myself do anything like that. I'm amused how many people are ready to pay so much money to play something so unfinished and be used by a company.

Wow, that's quite a text. It sounds like you have wrong expectations of a mount and blade game. You should wait until full release or just play other games.

Not really, as I'm not expecting anything. Just rating a product. I only have the idea what the product should be and that is not too different from the current game or Warband.
Of course, I've been playing X4 Foundations for a few months now and having a blast every time.

Last edited:
That is your opinion and I get it...however many including myself do not agree with it. I don't think it is a disaster, unfinished yes, needing development yes but not a disaster. It is very much a beta...I understood that when I bought it.

I didn't have any level of expectation from this game, I watched it being played on Twitch and decided it's something I'd like to play and so far I have. Clearly your weight of expectation from waiting 8 years was much, much higher and therefore so is your level of disappointment.

I've had the same feelings from certain games I've waited years for that didn't meet my expectation. The only healthy and constructive thing you can do is step away from it, do something else, play other games.

I waited for over 8 years, read all their blogs and was active in the forum, I expected a decent game that just needs some polishing, not a beta like game.

and I expected devs giving me a lap dance every day but turned out,reality dosnt care about our delusions,everyone waited for 8 years,when we opened the early access description clearly stated game is in development futures might be missing example when I've read this before pressing add chart button in steam ;

"Bugs and glitches: Although we strive to create a stable game experience, the game will be actively developed during early access and hence there will be a greater chance of bugs and glitches creeping up. It will of course be a priority to fix these "

"Balancing: Various aspects of the game may be poorly balanced. Parts of the game may be too easy or too hard. "

"Quest Content: A portion of planned quests may be missing entirely, and those in the game may be using placeholder maps, animations, etc. "

and said to myself hmm this game in such state shall I buy it? shall I test and give feedback should I take that risk?

what clearly I did not do create some delusions in my head, and expect those things in real life,apperantly waiting for 8 years entitle you to nothing flash news
developers decide their early access we have no control over which state it will be in,if you accept the terms you buy it,if you do not agree the terms you dont,simple as that nobody put a gun on our heads to buy unfinished crap

That is your opinion and I get it...however many including myself do not agree with it. I don't think it is a disaster, unfinished yes, needing development yes but not a disaster. It is very much a beta...I understood that when I bought it.

I didn't have any level of expectation from this game, I watched it being played on Twitch and decided it's something I'd like to play and so far I have. Clearly your weight of expectation from waiting 8 years was much, much higher and therefore so is your level of disappointment.

I've had the same feelings from certain games I've waited years for that didn't meet my expectation. The only healthy and constructive thing you can do is step away from it, do something else, play other games.

I watched allmost none of the sp content, because I didn't want to spoil my experience, that might be another reason for my wrong expectations and dissappointment. I would play other games, but there are just none which I like right now, so I just play the mp, which is pretty nice so far to be honest. I know that TW will get Bannerlord to a state that I am happy with too, but I am tired of waiting.

Yeah, seriously. I've got 57 hours in so far - and I've never even formed a kingdom yet.* Pretty much just hunting bandits, doing tournies, and deciding to start over to try a different play style. Rinse, repeat. I've enjoyed it a lot. The same sort of meditative feeling the original M&B gave me.

I also remember original M&B back when it was just 2 factions, and Black Knights were the most terrifying encounter all over the place. The game will change, it'll get better. In a few months it probably will be barely recognizable.

EDIT: * Let alone use a mod! Or play MP.

the mp is more tolerate able than the sp
i kind like this stage where every few days something tottaly new comes out and abuse the hell out of it until i find flaws and post em

You are talking to someone who would ask for 1 cent back which he borrowed to his best friend. I value money as I know how much of myself I invest into earning those 500 USD / month, while hating every second of 10h working days and almost nothing left after paying for everything.

Tank of gas is 10-15 USD here. Still means nothing, even if I was the richest man on Earth, I still wouldn't spend a cent on things I consider useless or give a cent to a person that doesn't deserve it, even if that person would die without it.

I've never bought a game, movie, tv show, song etc. , but I played almost everything that was worth playing, watched over 1000 movies and tv shows, listened to so many songs. I would've probably killed myself long time ago if I had to pay for any of those, as I wouldn't be able to and those are the reason I get from bed

Ignore artwork. What is expansive and finely crafted? What is so different compared to Warband? If you never enter a city or a village, but play through text fields, then every city and village is same, just wares and prices change. It's better to be good at one thing than bad or medicore in many. Each of the games I've mentioned is good at one thing. Perhaps I shouldn't have mentioned Kingdom come, as I only have watched gameplay on YouTube, but my first reaction to it was "oh look, Mount & Blade as it should be"

Point of my post was to share my opinion, without trying to achieve anything. I never try to change someone's opinion as I don't care what people think. Also, I've learned long time ago that it's super hard to change an average opinion, so I'm not even going to try that, ever. I'm far from emotional in general. I see no point in life, so I care about nothing. It would be silly of me to care about a game that I received as a gift and played for a few hours before uninstalling it forever. More than a week has passed since I unistalled it, so it's not about anger and outburst. I check forum from time to time to check the latest patch notes to see what's happening and if there are any interesting topics. I stumbled upon this one and decided to register and comment. I just dislike immorality like selling pre-alpha game for a full price and getting both free testing and money. I would never let myself do anything like that. I'm amused how many people are ready to pay so much money to play something so unfinished and be used by a company.

Not really, as I'm not expecting anything. Just rating a product. I only have the idea what the product should be and that is not too different from the current game or Warband.
Of course, I've been playing X4 Foundations for a few months now and having a blast every time.

OK Looter!

Back
Top Bottom