Real Tournaments?

Users who are viewing this thread

I, as many others do, play a lot of tournaments, but to me they all feel exactly the same and are never a challenge, even when your crank your difficulty up to the max you run through them completely naked (except for Khuzait and their clonky a** spears).
So my idea is having ACTUAL REAL Tournaments, instead of just a bunch of dudes fighting in an Arena (that should be exclusive to the Empire Capitals and Battania) have things like Tjosting 1v1, Archer Contests and so on. Rn it feels like just every single Culture is the same and they all just bully beatdown each other buttocks

I'd like to see Vlandia tournaments with a medieval style tournament; 24 knights melee and jousting, imperial gladiator games (with animals and ships if they add those in patches) and chariot racing (again if they add chariot units), swimming, horse fights, and wrestling for the Sturgians, and horse archery for the Khuzaits. I'm not sure about Celts or Aserai. I'm basing these off of real historical games played by each represented culture except for the Khuzaits (Mongols) but that's all I could think of.

I'd like to see Vlandia tournaments with a medieval style tournament; 24 knights melee and jousting, imperial gladiator games (with animals and ships if they add those in patches) and chariot racing (again if they add chariot units), swimming, horse fights, and wrestling for the Sturgians, and horse archery for the Khuzaits. I'm not sure about Celts or Aserai. I'm basing these off of real historical games played by each represented culture except for the Khuzaits (Mongols) but that's all I could think of.

Even the planned features will take at least a year to flesh out, so lets have the devs spend 3 months on wrestling AI, controls and animations. I'm all in.

+1

I cannot endorse this idea enough!

Archery and Mounted Archery contests would be amazing, because if you have played the tutorial or have been to the training ground, the groundwork is already built into the game! Each city could have unique courses and target locations, different than the training ground.

Actual line jousting would not be too hard, I don't think. Traditional jousting rules could be implemented, such as wounding the horse being a demerit and killing it meaning disqualification. Points are awarded depending on where you contact (such as 1 pt for arm/leg, 2 points for torso, and 3 points for head). KO's are an instant win. Blunt jousts that deal lower damage can be used to enable 3 or so rounds per bout. This means that even if you do not do much damage with your polearm skill, you can still win in form (but level and perks would certainly increase the chances of a KO).

Of course there can be duel, team, and brawl tornaments like normal, too.

Adding AI for the competitors to compete in it is something else that would need to be worked on. This is definitely not something that would be worked on until the game is near completion, but it certainly would add some enjoyability to tournaments.

I've been thinking that there could be two types of tournaments. The first type is what we have now. A general brawl to keep the commoners entertained that has a relatively low value prize. The second type is a rarer grand tournament that would attract nobles and notables to participate. The events would incorporate some of the ideas in this thread and the prize would be of much more significant value. They may or may not be part of a larger feast or festival at the town as well.

for aseria arabs had tournaments for horse riding archery and swimming
i dont see swimming being possible or jumping off obstacles being a thing too
but horse racing :grin: and archery are doable

They had their chance to do this but they rather went with same old same old. And some people are surprised when other people say that they are lazy.
It doesn't mean they are and I don't say that either but... appearances. It's just not a good look.

Then there is the people who will defend this with tHeRe Is A mOd FoR tHaT
IOh8Fit.png

That's obviously what we will have to wait for or do ourselves. I don't see them changing it anymore.

Personally I'd just like to see more variety in the final rounds, so it's not always a predictable swordfight. Sometimes have mounted, sometimes running around with javelins, erc.

There's definite room for improvement with lots of potential variables.

Mounted Archery and/or javelin throwing, with the hanging pots, like on practice range, come to mind. Jousting of course 1 v 1 with actual jousting lanes.

They had their chance to do this but they rather went with same old same old. And some people are surprised when other people say that they are lazy.
It doesn't mean they are and I don't say that either but... appearances. It's just not a good look.

Then there is the people who will defend this with tHeRe Is A mOd FoR tHaT
IOh8Fit.png

That's obviously what we will have to wait for or do ourselves. I don't see them changing it anymore.

This.

I am glad to see that a lot of people share my oppinion that the Tournaments we have rn are just flat out boring. The Tournaments are nothing more than what we do most of the time anyways, just stupidly fighting

I, as many others do, play a lot of tournaments, but to me they all feel exactly the same and are never a challenge, even when your crank your difficulty up to the max you run through them completely naked (except for Khuzait and their clonky a** spears).
So my idea is having ACTUAL REAL Tournaments, instead of just a bunch of dudes fighting in an Arena (that should be exclusive to the Empire Capitals and Battania) have things like Tjosting 1v1, Archer Contests and so on. Rn it feels like just every single Culture is the same and they all just bully beatdown each other buttocks

Tournaments are a Western European thing, and they were mostly melee combats similar to modern Battle of the Nations melee. Jousting is a very late invention

But

Archery contests and horseracing was definitely a thing in all Europe and Asia. Archery was less of a nobleman's passtime than it was in the East, and horseracing was much more popular in Byzantium and the Arab world than in Europe, but this is Calradia. Let's have it all.

I just have it when I join in the tournament and I get a bow or a crossbow. Keep bows and crossbows into the archery competition!

I'd also like it if you could choose your weapon (maybe not always, but it'd be nice).

Tournaments are a Western European thing, and they were mostly melee combats similar to modern Battle of the Nations melee. Jousting is a very late invention

But

Archery contests and horseracing was definitely a thing in all Europe and Asia. Archery was less of a nobleman's passtime than it was in the East, and horseracing was much more popular in Byzantium and the Arab world than in Europe, but this is Calradia. Let's have it all.

I just have it when I join in the tournament and I get a bow or a crossbow. Keep bows and crossbows into the archery competition!

I'd also like it if you could choose your weapon (maybe not always, but it'd be nice).
Anything but not the 1:1 copy of the previous game, its been almost a decade in development, for something that is a rather "big" part for the early game it could have gotten a bit more love than just a super smash. Thats just my 2 cents.

Hate to tell you, but if you can beat the current tournaments on the highest difficulty totally naked every time then nothing Taleworlds can produce would end up challenging you. You've become too good at the game.

That said I am not opposed to more of a range in types of challenges. An archery contest could be really fun.

Hate to tell you, but if you can beat the current tournaments on the highest difficulty totally naked every time then nothing Taleworlds can produce would end up challenging you. You've become too good at the game.
Have you seen the AI difficulty video? Maybe the nobles can be a very challenging opponent in the finale since nobles are suppose to be good fighters.

Have you seen the AI difficulty video? Maybe the nobles can be a very challenging opponent in the finale since nobles are suppose to be good fighters.

The nobles would get defeated by someone who can do what the OP describes just as easily as a looter. If you can casually blow through heavily armored high difficulty AI without getting hit once the game isn't capable of challenging you no matter what Taleworlds adds to it. It isn't a matter of content at that point. The AI just isn't capable of keeping up.

i found a way to make tournament very hard and fun raise an army with 10 lords set in a settlement for a tournament and tournament has alot of lords felt like a grand tournament

that's what they should have done in the 10 years of development they had, but they really just transposed the existing warband stuff with new graphics and textures and called it a day.

Back
Top Bottom