Resolved Buying A Kingdom

Users who are viewing this thread

Uferdal

Recruit
So one of my friends has reached to a point in the game where he has competed the trade skill tree and reached 2million coins. This was done in a legit way(tho buyin iron ore from Amprela for under 20coins is kinda overpowered). After making the money he started to go from lord to lord buying all of their land for whatever price they want. He bought 6 cities and around 5 castles in a matter of 2 minutes and is making even more money now. Also he has better relationships with the now landless lords then before. Tho buying is a fine option, being able to buy all a lords land is just too broken

So one of my friends has reached to a point in the game where he has competed the trade skill tree and reached 2million coins. This was done in a legit way(tho buyin iron ore from Amprela for under 20coins is kinda overpowered). After making the money he started to go from lord to lord buying all of their land for whatever price they want. He bought 6 cities and around 5 castles in a matter of 2 minutes and is making even more money now. Also he has better relationships with the now landless lords then before. Tho buying is a fine option, being able to buy all a lords land is just too broken
have you watched the spiffing brit buy his whole kingdom?? :ROFLMAO:

A) This should probably be in the suggestions forum.

B) There should probably be a mechanic in place so that a Noble will not willingly barter away their last fief. You should only be able to acquire it via combat or conversion (siege the place or persuade them to join you). Perhaps a barter with a large army at your back while threatening a siege.

C) What happens to the garrison when you buy a fief? Do you have to go there and fill it up, or does the existing garrison stay? Just curious, because if they all leave I want to know how he's filling up all of the empty garrisons for 11 fiefs in two minutes.

How do you request to buy their land? I've never seen the option in my game.
You need perk for that. It's way deep in the trade tree. Without the perk you can see a blank option to barter fiefs
C) What happens to the garrison when you buy a fief? Do you have to go there and fill it up, or does the existing garrison stay? Just curious, because if they all leave I want to know how he's filling up all of the empty garrisons for 11 fiefs in two minutes.
I bet they stay. Garrison troops were always connected to the settlement rather than its owner. If that' the case, that's broken as hell

How do you request to buy their land? I've never seen the option in my game.
Everything has a price from the Trade tree. It's around 225 skill I believe and allows bartering with fiefs.

I bet they stay. Garrison troops were always connected to the settlement rather than its owner. If that' the case, that's broken as hell
Indeed it would be. "Sure I'll sell you my fief, and since you are such a swell person, I'll throw in this small army for free!"

The absolutely best part about this is that you don't even have to pay them to buy their fiefs. Sometimes they will even pay you to take their towns. They must really hate owning fiefs.

quick edit: There's absolutely no way the devs are trying all the (few) features in the game. Or they want us to get free towns. Who knows.

The absolutely best part about this is that you don't even have to pay them to buy their fiefs.
Hmm. I thought they had fixed this (somewhat). Are you playing the Beta release or the Main release?

Ah, found it. That should have been fixed in 1.1.0 (this may be a typo in the post) according to the fixed issues thread:

Post #2: Look for the e1.1.0 spoiler between the e1.0.10 and e1.0.11 spoilers

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue. Unfortunately, we were not able to respond to this topic when this topic first created.
We believe that this issue might have been fixed since the creation of this topic. If you are still experiencing this issue on the latest live or beta versions of the game at the moment please leave a reply to this topic so that we can forward this issue to the team for investigation.

Back
Top Bottom