When is Bannerlord playable?

Users who are viewing this thread

I have played 100+ hours in bannerlord and I'm taking a break right now until some of the big problems have been fixed.

The biggest in my opinion are the perks not being implemented, some skills are waay to hard to be leveled up, it's incredibly grindy to level up your army and then having lords just return 2 in game days with the same army you destroyed already.
Meanwhile if I get defeated, I have to spend 2 hours irl grinding to get another army that's not ****.

The game looks great, the battles and sieges feel great because they have great atmosphere but the grind to get to the point where you field a large enough army to experience this is way to much.

I am probably one of the few people who find the current XP for troops right. I like that if I lose, I need time to have a decent army again. It makes the game more interesting for me.

I have played 100+ hours in bannerlord and I'm taking a break right now until some of the big problems have been fixed.

The biggest in my opinion are the perks not being implemented, some skills are waay to hard to be leveled up, it's incredibly grindy to level up your army and then having lords just return 2 in game days with the same army you destroyed already.
Meanwhile if I get defeated, I have to spend 2 hours irl grinding to get another army that's not ****.

The game looks great, the battles and sieges feel great because they have great atmosphere but the grind to get to the point where you field a large enough army to experience this is way to much.

Use mods!! There is one like Bannerlord Tweaks, in there u can adjust the leveling gains fo you, and for troops. With many other parameters.

What you're wanting to get at is, is it worth investing time and energy into? The answer for that are some of the aspects people have mentioned being somewhat underwhelming such as diplomacy, perks, units, economy etc.

The game itself however is playable. But you may tire out of it after a couple dozen hours. I've put over 100 hours into it but haven't played since last week. The game still needs some polish and I may wait a couple months.

In my opinion, the economy has to be better balanced, as right now it's quite broken even though they do send out fixes for somethings. I did find someone today, who posted a picture of a piece of armour which was worth 600k and wasn't much better than other pieces of armour. Another feature which in my opinion is a bit not working is marriage/ families as I don't belive it's possible to divorce a wife yet.

I did divorce my wife...kinda. So I was a Vlandian just testing marriage and I married some girl with absolutely no skills and my last save was from too far ago to just load the game, so instead i pulled out the console and killed her with a command. Then I married Liena and had no problem whatsoever in all the process

My 110 hours of playing already says it's more playable than at least 100 other games in my Steam Library.

And the good thing is, it's not even finished and the mods haven't even began in earnest!

Here goes to many more 100s of hours in the game! Thanks for the reminder OP!

I think is very playable. I played far worse games than this right now. Just do whats implemented and you will be fine. Remember is still testing and developing, so eventually will have more to do.

I did divorce my wife...kinda. So I was a Vlandian just testing marriage and I married some girl with absolutely no skills and my last save was from too far ago to just load the game, so instead i pulled out the console and killed her with a command. Then I married Liena and had no problem whatsoever in all the process
I tried waiting for sometime until she dies of something, but after a long time of waiting, I created a new save.

So since you guys obviously find it playable, do you think it is good enough to play already or will it ruin my experience? I am still hasitating to play the singleplayer, because I hear that there is so much not functioning correctly and unbalanced.

not like there is any story or anything to spoil if you worried about that, but if you dont wanna deal with annoyances I would wait, or atleast until combat ai and economy flesh out a bit

The game will be finished when I feel I can play my character how I want without power playing and it feels natural. right now i feel rushed because there is constant chaos of war and snowballing factions without the balancing of diplomacy, rebellions or new factions rising.

I would wait until the end of this month if you're worried about ruining it for yourself to see if a major patch comes out. but to be honest its still really fun to play, even though I have restarted my game multiple times.

So since you guys obviously find it playable, do you think it is good enough to play already or will it ruin my experience? I am still hasitating to play the singleplayer, because I hear that there is so much not functioning correctly and unbalanced.

There´s a lot of bugs and some disbalanced things, but i dont think will "ruin your experience", worse comes something is easier than usual or harder than usual.

You can trade, hunt bandits, make investments, go tournaments, become mercenary, become vasall, hire companions, make aditional warbands, capture fiefs, become rich, marry, have kids, increase your relations, amass armies with your fellow vassals. I think there´s plently to do, and considering is not even the finished product its kind of mindblowing. Theres lot of games who have a LOT less than this.

Go ahead and play it.

The game will be finished when I feel I can play my character how I want without power playing and it feels natural. right now i feel rushed because there is constant chaos of war and snowballing factions without the balancing of diplomacy, rebellions or new factions rising.

I would wait until the end of this month if you're worried about ruining it for yourself to see if a major patch comes out. but to be honest its still really fun to play, even though I have restarted my game multiple times.

Would you say the chaos and lack of balancing of diplomacy is game breaking?

And I want to play one character and not just start over and over again with new ones, I want to play a game and not just test (I know its ea but that doesent mean I necessarely have to restart my game over and over again).

Would you say the chaos and lack of balancing of diplomacy is game breaking?

And I want to play one character and not just start over and over again with new ones, I want to play a game and not just test (I know its ea but that doesent mean I necessarely have to restart my game over and over again).

If thats the case. You probably should wait. Becouse there will be a lot more to do in this game in the months go come as the devs release new stuff. You will miss out.

Back
Top Bottom