When is Bannerlord playable?

Users who are viewing this thread

In many players opinion, Bannerlord can not be called playable at this point. What do you think needs to be finished/optimised/balanced until you would consider it a playable? Which (functioning) core features does a Mount&Blade game need?

Judging by all the answers I recieved, the main problems seem to be:
  • Lacking diplomacy
  • Economy balance
  • Bad combat AI

Last edited:
The big thing it's missing right now to be called fully playable is a proper diplomacy module. With that in place a lot of the rest is a matter of taste whether certain features should or should not be in the game. And frankly there's some things in the game where the experience would be the same or even improved if they were cut out entirely, at least in their present form (Smithing, children, etc) But a diplomacy model is non-negotiable. To many the entire point of the late game is diplomacy.

In my opinion, the economy has to be better balanced, as right now it's quite broken even though they do send out fixes for somethings. I did find someone today, who posted a picture of a piece of armour which was worth 600k and wasn't much better than other pieces of armour. Another feature which in my opinion is a bit not working is marriage/ families as I don't belive it's possible to divorce a wife yet.

The big thing it's missing right now to be called fully playable is a proper diplomacy module. With that in place a lot of the rest is a matter of taste whether certain features should or should not be in the game. And frankly there's some things in the game where the experience would be the same or even improved if they were cut out entirely (Smithing, children, etc) But a diplomacy model is non-negotiable. To many the entire point of the late game is diplomacy.
i would add full perc implementation and proper unit stats, however i have well above 150h in the game, so in fact it is playable for me, but not finished yet, if this makes sense

In my opinion, the economy has to be better balanced, as right now it's quite broken even though they do send out fixes for somethings. I did find someone today, who posted a picture of a piece of armour which was worth 600k and wasn't much better than other pieces of armour. Another feature which in my opinion is a bit not working is marriage/ families as I don't belive it's possible to divorce a wife yet.

For me its definitely the economy. It kinda holds everything together and just needs to work correctly, otherwise many things in the game don't really make sense.

i would like to see they add ;

features on kingdom management(vassalize , alliance , dynasties)
no need to censor ithink ; ck2 like interactions
add more items and balance them
fully implemented procedural heros and their ai lifes.(like marriage ,... interact each other)
oh events like some town nobles rising in your banner etc(under your banner playerkingdom)

i mean give some life to game please right now its so repetetive fight , loot same things sell same things and you are done nothing more
these are my opinion.
and i just want to say im harrasing steamdb to see any updates i love this game but ...

edit; i forgot the mention most important thing which is workshop support.if you cant do let the modders do please.

Playable? Yes of course we are all playing it aren't we?
Does it need finished/optimism/ect.? Also yes of course. Early Access.

The way I see it the game currently has its barebone functions in place to keep us occupied for a little while.
You get a few dozen hours enjoyment out of it and then it becomes repetitive. But they know this and even said that we will only get so much hours of it and advised to wait for full release.
I am pretty sure Bannerlord will be in a vastly different state by the end of the year so I am just enjoying it for what it is right now.

You meant a small minority i guess due over 79,000 people posted positive reivew on Steam which makes 88% of all reviews and it is actually way higher than many AAA games but ofc those people were posting such positive reviews for an ''unplayable'' game somehow??
So Bannerlord is already playable without any question and i think it will take around 2-3 months until missing features added which will make it much more enjoyable while 6-18 months until big mod releases which will completely change the game...

It is playable, I'm playing it and generally it's a lot of fun.

There is still loads of work to do for sure:

Diplomacy / relations / influence (both internal and between factions) - these things need a lot of work
Kingdom management - will benefit from the above
City / castle management - is bare bones and needs a lot of work
Battle and sieges - whilst fun they need refining and the rough edges smoothed off
Economy - it works and is dynamic which is great but it needs more depth and balancing

Just about every aspect of the game needs some development, polish and optimisation but even in it's current state it's very playable and I'm really enjoying it.

You meant a small minority i guess due over 79,000 people posted positive reivew on Steam which makes 88% of all reviews and it is actually way higher than many AAA games but ofc those people were posting such positive reviews for an ''unplayable'' game somehow??
So Bannerlord is already playable without any question and i think it will take around 2-3 months until missing features added which will make it much more enjoyable while 6-18 months until big mod releases which will completely change the game...

dear fanboi , i did positive review and itsnot change the facts we love the game but...

i would like to see they add ;

features on kingdom management(vassalize , alliance , dynasties)
no need to censor ithink ; ck2 like interactions
add more items and balance them
fully implemented procedural heros and their ai lifes.(like marriage ,... interact each other)
oh events like some town nobles rising in your banner etc(under your banner playerkingdom)

i mean give some life to game please right now its so repetetive fight , loot same things sell same things and you are done nothing more
these are my opinion.
and i just want to say im harrasing steamdb to see any updates i love this game but ...

edit; i forgot the mention most important thing which is workshop support.if you cant do let the modders do please.

PS. i didnt even read all of your post you guys so generic.

i would add full perc implementation and proper unit stats, however i have well above 150h in the game, so in fact it is playable for me, but not finished yet, if this makes sense
to me I need xp increase mods, else it's insufferable to play the game. The grind is too hard, I'd try tweaking the overall xp up by 50% to 250% and narrow down through testing the most organic rates. The default is not organic, it feels too grindy, kinda reminded me of my days in Mortal Online, so I've snapped... Now I'm just cheating with 5x XP, makes the game more fun, but it's also a bit broken with such a high rate. Realistically, though, you may never really be able to achieve the final perk on any tree with lower rates, you'll be forced to grind the skill like a moron, want to test that cool "arrow deflecting" perk? Good luck, see you in a month or so, I'll also recommend your doc to prescribe a inflammatory pill for the tendinitis

calling it unplayable gross over exaggeration,first week couldnt even launch the game that was unplayable for me,but now 70 hours playtime so how that happend?

is it optimal? not even close I expect all missing features they said they were gonna add added then I would call it yep this is the game we were promised,they gave themselves 1 year we agreed to it so 1 year it is then

I *don't* think it's unplayable, but I am holding off playing singleplayer until armies and factions make more sensible decisions about what to attack and who to declare war on.

Already have lots of fun so I'd say it's definitely playable. Can't decide which feature is missing the most, to me it seems like almost everything is implemented but only 1/2 - 3/4 of it is finished.
I wouldn't expect a completely different game for the full release, it already delivers the Mount & Blade experience and just needs some polishing, balancing and feature completion.

Well, It depends on what people define as playable. I have played 146 hours already and I really like this game but I am missing some key features which will make the game much funnier.

- Proper death, marriage and kids system for player and AI Lords.
- Diplomacy and relationship with Lords needs tons of work. Especially war declarations between kingdoms which are currently a mess.
- Revolts and Rebelions.
- Be able to become King of existent Kingdoms.

These are the things which I am most interested to play but for the moment the game is enjoyable, but I am starting to feel that the game is getting a bit bored for me though. Maybe because I have played a lot or maybe because the game could get pretty repetitive un mid/late game due to lack content.

Generally it playable right now.

But game will be so much better then diplomacy will be implemented, true sandbox mode will be available, perks and skills start to work properly, fief management will be a thing, companions will be more than template generated placeholders...

Back
Top Bottom