Armor/weapon looks potato in the field.

Users who are viewing this thread

Iirc, I seem to recall a couple of comments from devs mentioning the lighting and how not all the scenes were baked. For example, in my eyes, the desert scenes are splendid; however, there are others that look flat...
I want to believe, since that video was published they have improved somewhat in terms of lighting.
Take a look at this in case you haven't seen it:

Really good example but in any case, OP has to understand that the shininess of certain materials can vary. The gothic plates in the picture are extremely polished. Not all armor is that polished, and a dull cloudy sky makes colors less vibrant. Add to this the lighting setup in the character preview. It's totally different from natural light which has lots of diffusion from every other object around, lighting the scene much more evenly.

Again we are taking into consideration the lighting on metal surfaces, not the whole scene.
Yes, I agree that lighting / reflections could use some improvements. Never said I don't. :wink:

I don't get your joke, I don't understand why a photography have to be worst example, do you think a video of the same scene would be any different? My picture have similiar lighting and time of the day of the game's screenshots.
It wasn't a joke, just stated a fact. I actually said that in order to support your point. Maybe you don't have much experience with photography and that's why you didn't understand it?

For me that's just flat lighting downgraded for performance, if you like it I'm happy for you.
I think it could be improved.

Iirc, I seem to recall a couple of comments from devs mentioning the lighting and how not all the scenes were baked. For example, in my eyes, the desert scenes are splendid; however, there are others that look flat...
I want to believe, since that video was published they have improved somewhat in terms of lighting.

Thanks for the vid, guess I need to dig deeper in how lighting works in game.
But like the devs cannot expect everyone to have this kind of background tho.

The GPU demand would escalate quickly in battles. Hundreds of reflective armor would kill even 2080ti GPU. Maybe limit it to player character and commanders?
I guess so, in fact, I wasn't paying that much attention to it at the very beginning, maybe I just got too picky.
Anyways, I will pick performance over the graphical looking all the time.

I guess so, in fact, I wasn't paying that much attention to it at the very beginning, maybe I just got too picky.
Anyways, I will pick performance over the graphical looking all the time.

I'm not against higher visual quality. I just don't think TW's game engine is that sophisticated to handle hundreds of high-quality soldiers on the field without collapsing. Even AAA games using Unreal, Luminous, Frostbite, etc game engines can only handle several dozens of high-quality players.

What I would like to see more is better armor and clothing degradation during battle - mud, blood, tattered fabric, broken armor, etc.

That would really increase the immersion factor during arena and battles!

Back
Top Bottom