3d artist looking to join

Users who are viewing this thread

An option for both of you is to make what you want and release your work as an OSP. That way you can make what you want, free of what mods are being worked on at the moment, while also offering something for future creators.

Hi, i'm currently making a project called Anno Domini 1141, if you wish to help, you can join the discord (i can't post link for the moment here so you can find the link on the moddb page)

Thanks you !

I think a good way for artists to get started with modding is to add a new weapon to the game. If you can get to the point where you understand the system enough to create a new asset and allow it to be used in-game then you will become an invaluable resource for modding teams.

As far as I know you only need to edit xml files to add new items - there's no actual coding required. If you can figure out a 3d modelling program you can definitely figure out this system. There are resources here for modders and youtube videos that will get you up and running.

Just remember - no one is going to hold your hand for this. You need to be able to get your own assets into the game in order to be successful here. Modding teams are made of people using their spare time and focussing on what they want to. They are inherently fickle!

If you can create a submodule that adds a new sword to the game you will essentially be a god.

I think a good way for artists to get started with modding is to add a new weapon to the game. If you can get to the point where you understand the system enough to create a new asset and allow it to be used in-game then you will become an invaluable resource for modding teams.

As far as I know you only need to edit xml files to add new items - there's no actual coding required. If you can figure out a 3d modelling program you can definitely figure out this system. There are resources here for modders and youtube videos that will get you up and running.

Just remember - no one is going to hold your hand for this. You need to be able to get your own assets into the game in order to be successful here. Modding teams are made of people using their spare time and focussing on what they want to. They are inherently fickle!

If you can create a submodule that adds a new sword to the game you will essentially be a god.

Bannerlord models are held in proprietary tpac files, which are inaccessible without official modding tools. These might not be released until Full Release.
Swords cannot be added in any event as complete models. The Bannerlord crafting system requires such weapons to be held as components so hilts, blades etc. can be interchanged.
Some mod teams are making assets now for subsequent rigging to Bannerlord’s new animation skeletons, which are also unreleased.

Bannerlord models are held in proprietary tpac files, which are inaccessible without official modding tools. These might not be released until Full Release.
Swords cannot be added in any event as complete models. The Bannerlord crafting system requires such weapons to be held as components so hilts, blades etc. can be interchanged.
Some mod teams are making assets now for subsequent rigging to Bannerlord’s new animation skeletons, which are also unreleased.
That is an extremely negative post sir. Yes the state of the engine now is such that there are big obstacles to effective modding, but the whole point of my post was to give young modders (specifically 3d artist types) a direction to work towards. Throwing your hands in the air and saying that there's no point in even starting because you can't run the whole gauntlet right now is a defeatist standpoint and doesn't serve to create new artists. You may very well have discouraged the next Andy Kowalczyk from ever opening blender.

As far as I know, it is possible to add complete models in. Taleworlds has just made a point of using the crafting system for everything.

That is an extremely negative post sir. Yes the state of the engine now is such that there are big obstacles to effective modding, but the whole point of my post was to give young modders (specifically 3d artist types) a direction to work towards. Throwing your hands in the air and saying that there's no point in even starting because you can't run the whole gauntlet right now is a defeatist standpoint and doesn't serve to create new artists. You may very well have discouraged the next Andy Kowalczyk from ever opening blender.
It's not negative, he's just saying what is not possible, because at the moment you cannot add weapons to the game without modding tools. If this discourages someone from working on models, then they likely lacked the motivation to stick with modding in the first place.

As John_M already wrote above, it's not negative, it gives on the contrary additional and important informations for the potential modder. Without this information your own post would have a negative effect since it lets the artist try and fail at implementing the weapon when (s)he was encouraged to do so by you. Negative experience leads to a higher probability to be discouraged to mod.
If this discourages someone from working on models, then they likely lacked the motivation to stick with modding in the first place.
As John writes.

For @Garruk and @Calaerdir , you can also make use of the new 3D-art thread for Bannerlord in The Smithy:
Show off your work there (embed some pictures) and maybe some mod teams will approach you.

As far as I know, it is possible to add complete models in. Taleworlds has just made a point of using the crafting system for everything.

E3. Does this mean that creation of arms and armour now are internal to the game superstructure and if so, does this support independent artists from adding their own weapons and armour to the game?
Crafted and non-crafted items are added in different ways, but modders can add both. For crafting, modders can easily add new crafting parts. They can also add new weapons by editing an xml file only, specifying which parts the new item is made of.

I interpreted the above to be non-crafted = armour and crafted = weapons.

E3. Does this mean that creation of arms and armour now are internal to the game superstructure and if so, does this support independent artists from adding their own weapons and armour to the game?
Crafted and non-crafted items are added in different ways, but modders can add both. For crafting, modders can easily add new crafting parts. They can also add new weapons by editing an xml file only, specifying which parts the new item is made of.

I interpreted the above to be non-crafted = armour and crafted = weapons.
There are items that you can hold which are not crafted. You can also force stats onto items. So theoretically, even if the game is restricted to crafting, you could just have one of the parts use the whole weapon model and have the other parts be blanks.

Back
Top Bottom