Please Nerf Javelins

Users who are viewing this thread

It's so annoying to get bodyshot by 2 javelins and die while you have one of the best armors in the game. I beg you, please nerf them. Maybe not in multiplayer but in singleplayer, please nerf them.

It's so annoying to get bodyshot by 2 javelins and die while you have one of the best armors in the game. I beg you, please nerf them. Maybe not in multiplayer but in singleplayer, please nerf them.
The dmg calculator takes into consideration if your on a horse and charging straight at them and you take the full brunt of a jav into your chest that thing will do boosted dmg. Same with the opposite if your on a horse charging straight at them and hit someone with a jav it will do extremely boosted dmg because of your speed. It is a bit insane though but if they nerf the dmg in general it would make javelins useless unless you've got the speed of a horse on your side. I think even looters could survive a javelin at full hp from the best dmg javelin in the game assuming the thrower is standing still and the looter is running away and its not a headshot.

Its the most op medieval weapon, clearly went through plate! :shifty:

image.png

First of all, there is no plate armour in the game to my knowledge, its just leather, scale and segmented. A javeline should mess you up, if you dont block it with a shield.
In regards to shields and jevelins, i would even buff them to actively hinder character with shields. I didn't really check this yet, but i dont have the feeling of being slowed down by the javelins sticking in my shield at all.

I like the damage of the javelins and arrows so far and the accuracy the AI uses, while it seems very accurate I would not like to play against inaccurate bots. My little concern is the speed at which the AI soldiers move and release arrows and javelins, that could be toned down a bit. I was very surprised when I first saw how fast armored archer were running around. Its like watching 1.25 speed on YT or maybe even more. BTW goes for melee infantry too, the AI infantry destroy each other so fast battles are 1.30 min.

P.S. I tested a mod called ArrowSpeed from Nexus mod page. It helps against all missiles by giving them less speed and higher arcs. My Archers was also able to fire over my infantry.

Last edited:
First of all, there is no plate armour in the game to my knowledge, its just leather, scale and segmented. A javeline should mess you up, if you dont block it with a shield.
In regards to shields and jevelins, i would even buff them to actively hinder character with shields. I didn't really check this yet, but i dont have the feeling of being slowed down by the javelins sticking in my shield at all.
In Warband you didn't need a plate armour against javelins because they weren't this powerful (but they were faster). It's not about plate armour.

According to Tod's Workshop channel, medieval Europe javelins were equipped with a wide flesh-cutter heads, never supposed to go through any armor.

You can nerf it yourself in SP. Go into modules\native\moduledata\crafting_pieces.xml and change the damage factor on all the javelin heads to something lower. Or even just change the damage from pierce to cut will be a big nerf.

You can nerf it yourself in SP. Go into modules\native\moduledata\crafting_pieces.xml and change the damage factor on all the javelin heads to something lower. Or even just change the damage from pierce to cut will be a big nerf.
Can we change all weapons to do blunt damage? I wonder how fast victorious Lords can field high tier armies with only blunt damage going around.

Please quit crying. Javs are just fine. You have to put two of them into good armor unless you're riding towards a target on a horse.

They should nerf bows with their ungodly accuracy at range and ridiculous reload speed. A line of archers tsked you down way faster than a line of skirmishers.

They should nerf bows with their ungodly accuracy at range and ridiculous reload speed. A line of archers tsked you down way faster than a line of skirmishers.
No. The most OP thing about bowmen is endless kiting amd shooting in the same time. It makes any infantry absolutly useless in the battle. I disbanded all my infantry and ended up with 50\50 archers\cavalry and my army became like 5 times more effective.

Last edited:
Please quit crying. Javs are just fine. You have to put two of them into good armor unless you're riding towards a target on a horse.

That's the problem. 2 javelins destroy good armor and 1 javelin can kill a horse which makes them op.

Back
Top Bottom