My *opinion* on the MP units tier list (skirmish) e1.2.0

Users who are viewing this thread

Have you ever hit once with the legionary sword and looked at the damage it does. God I had to sometimes hit 8 to even 12 time a Heavy infantry to get him down... at that time the whole match is already finished and you lost.
i pick the mace against heavy inf and not the sword. you can pick improved armor against factions like aserai and khuzait.

i dont think theres too much difference in a power level between those 2, to make one faction stronger or weaker.

Sturgia just doesnt have archers. Sharpshooters can kill riders in 1 shot that are halted. While Hunters just tickle the enemy. Not even the 10 more range on lances will put that in favor of sturgia.

Mamluk, Knight, Druzhinik are all S tier cuz you can couch all the time. My ranking list for factions

Infantries: 1)Sturgia( thanks eb lol) 2)Vlandia 3)Battania 4)Empire 5)Aserai 6)Khuzait

Cavs: 1)Vlandia and Aserai 3)Sturgia 4)Khuzait 5)Empire 6)Battania

Archers: 1)Vlandia 2)Battania 3) Aserai 4)Khuzait and Empire 6)Sturgia

Edit: This list is made for good team vs good team (based on ratparty experience). On pub Khuzait and Empire dominate because or glaive and menavlion and because newbies can’t shoot

Mamluk, Knight, Druzhinik are all S tier cuz you can couch all the time. My ranking list for factions

Infantries: 1)Sturgia( thanks eb lol) 2)Vlandia 3)Battania 4)Empire 5)Aserai 6)Khuzait

Cavs: 1)Vlandia and Aserai 3)Sturgia 4)Khuzait 5)Empire 6)Battania

Archers: 1)Vlandia 2)Battania 3) Aserai 4)Khuzait and Empire 6)Sturgia

Edit: This list is made for good team vs good team (based on ratparty experience). On pub Khuzait and Empire dominate because or glaive and menavlion and because newbies can’t shoot

I don't think the couch is by itself the reason why they're up there but because of how cavalry is broken right now overall. In skirmish when you play in a match where both team are organized and on a high skill level, the couch doesn't matter much and the cav play a more omnipresent playstyle and don't go in and out from time to time just to have one or two succefull couch. that's also why I made the cataphract so high (even if he's low)

I don't think the couch is by itself the reason why they're up there but because of how cavalry is broken right now overall. In skirmish when you play in a match where both team are organized and on a high skill level, the couch doesn't matter much and the cav play a more omnipresent playstyle and don't go in and out from time to time just to have one or two succefull couch. that's also why I made the cataphract so high (even if he's low)
the cataphract is just expensive af, spawning in as heavy inf or recruit afterwards is a huge difference

Cataphract is meh. You need a perk to have an average shield. Couches are more op than you think: they one-hit everything, have no cooldown and you can hold it as long as you want. It's basically a semi-automatic missile. The fact that ground units are so slow means that you can't dodge a couch easily, especially against a decent cav. Crouching barely works for some reason and jumping on the side as well

Cataphract is meh. You need a perk to have an average shield. Couches are more op than you think: they one-hit everything, have no cooldown and you can hold it as long as you want. It's basically a semi-automatic missile. The fact that ground units are so slow means that you can't dodge a couch easily, especially against a decent cav. Crouching barely works for some reason and jumping on the side as well
the problem is aswell the speed required to couch, you can just double w and x instantly

Since we'll never see classes outside their factions, it's much better to rate the overall strength of a certain role. Whether or not an individual class is relevant or not is the next question, but aside from obvious outliers I don't think there's an established meta.

My ratings for Skirmish:

Tier A
Vlandia (11pts)
  • Infantry: 3pts. The highest points I've given to infantry is 3, because I feel that they have less impact than the other classes. Vlandian infantry is well rounded with a good sword and a great mace. Their weak-point is armor, but can take Improved Armor to mitigate that.
  • Ranged: 4pts. The Sharpshooter is a fantastic class that can do monstrous damage with high accuracy. The Arbelist is a nifty respawn unit for a high damage punch from a respawn-angle. At least personally, it's the only light ranged unit worth mentioning.
  • Cavalry: 4pts. While I consider the Knight worse than the Druz and Mamluke, it's still a hard-hitting tank capable of one-shots. With weapon drops, the Vanguard can be made a lancing threat as well.
Tier B
Aserai (9pts)
  • Infantry: 2pts. The ability to spam Skirmishers and Tribal Warriors is pretty strong, but with the current infantry play-style the armor and staying power of heavy infantry is hard to overcome. These two units can also feel short on equipment even though the TW perks offer a wide range.
  • Ranged: 3pts. The Veteran is an incredible unit, but as the Skirmisher and TW are expected to die more often, the Veteran is more likely to fight in melee more often, giving them less time to turret.
  • Cavalry: 4pts. The Mamluke is strong in every regard.
Sturgia (9pts)
  • Infantry: 3pts. Varyags don't get maces, but as infantry vs infantry isn't super important right now, that doesn't hold them back as much as you'd expect against other heavy infantry. They're tanky and get good swords and axes.
  • Ranged: 2pts. While the Hunter is noticeably weaker than the other factions heavy ranged units, I'm still giving it 2pts because it can still functional in the archer role.
  • Cavalry: 4pts. Like the Mamluke, the Druzhina is strong in every regard. The Raider also deserves a mention because it's a nice shock-style cav alternative.
Khuzait (9pts)
  • Infantry: 2pts. With a proper team the lack of a 1h isn't much a problem for the Spear Infantry, allowing them to get throwing spears that are nasty in melee and a considerable ranged threat.
  • Ranged: 3pts. The Khan's Guard is a great unit and I think clever positioning and/or timing from a Mounted Archer could prove very strong in competitive matches.
  • Cavalry: 4pts. While the Lancer does have less armor, I still think it's strong enough to earn a 4 in my rating.
Tier C
Empire (8pts)
  • Infantry: 2pts. Legionarys are just so darn slow. Perhaps this is too much personal bias coming in, but I find that they're always unfavored against their peers due to slower movement. Their damage can also be terrible.
  • Ranged: 3pts. I'm conflicted between a 2 and 3, but the Fast Bow is really quite good. If they manage to loot a shield they're the best archer in the game.
  • Cavalry: 3pts. The Cataphract might be overpriced and hard to get value out of, but it's one hell of a tank and can brawl for some time. It's not flashy but it gets the job done.
Tier D
Battania (7pts)
  • Infantry: 3pts. Battania has such good infantry that it feels weird putting them as my lowest faction, but I guess there has to be one. They don't get a mace, but they more than make up for it with the amount of throwing weapons available.
  • Ranged: 2pts. Yes, I rate the Fiann low. I find the bow to be painfully slow and the lack of a shield becomes more important relative to skill levels. They don't have truly monstrous damage like the Sharpshooter, they don't get a shield like the Veteran and Khan's Guard, and they don't have a fast bow like the Palatine Guard (or KG).
  • Cavalry: 2pts. The Mounted Warrior is a very good light cav, but it is not a heavy cav. So unlike the Cataphract, it doesn't get several tons of armor to compensate for the lack of a lance and is a solid 2 points.

Last edited:
in which situation vs peasants? They are target practise
They are able to punish Cavalry. And that quite heavily, esp. with the Long Spear as option as well.
Throwing weapons are the best anti-cav measure I can see right now, even though it's RNG/Luck sometimes, if you don't stand still. Dismounting the rider and with that dismantling the tank leaves the rider often isolated, which makes him a free kill, even with poking sticks. I usually pick the Throwing Spear up again and ditch the normal spear as soon as I find another melee weapon.
These throwing homing missiles are the most reliable way to instakill for these MBTs disguised as cav I have at my disposal in this game. That's why I'd brand them as situational.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom