MP Racism in Multiplayer

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't mean u shouldn't try to prevent such behavior.
It was funny, alright? Literally most of the people weren´t some IRL racists, or some nazis as many would like to call, it is mostly by the great custom faces and all that comes with it. And there were racist remarks to every race too, so I don´t really care

They are racial slurs. No matter in what sentence used.
Okay.
Those words see copious use in African-American vernacular English.
Therefor, African-American vernacular English is a context in which racial slurs are regularly used without bad intent.
Do you follow?

They are racial slurs. No matter in what sentence used.
And what? It´s used in those gangster style movies and such, so it´s seems very funny to many. And so we use it normally as a joke, haha actually funny. It is not there to anger or diminish any race, just as a joke. And believe me, I´ve had dozens of great laughs at everything that some people done on TG-Arena, just golden

Okay.
Those words see copious use in African-American vernacular English.
Therefor, African-American vernacular English is a context in which racial slurs are regularly used without bad intent.
Do you follow?
I don't approve of it being used in the African-American vernacular.

I found the racist. Well a racist.

, I found another one.

Here's another one.

Typing the N word into a chat? Yeah that probably makes you a racist.

The people spamming the N word in chat are mostly white dudes who, with the benefit of anonymity, get to play out their deep seated racist feelings. But, I mean, there are plenty of people trashing jews, holocaust denying, trashing muslims, trashing hispanic people, trashing lgbt people. The game appeals to the same community as Mordhau, and Mordhau quickly became a haven for nazis, racists, and other types of hard right scum. These types love medieval simulators because they get to go back to a fantasy time where is was okay to hate and kill the people they hate.

Its better to show the ****heads the door early. If you are comfortable playing in a community that regularly uses slurs, that says nothing good about you.

Тhis is the reason racism exists in first place.
See - White dudes, jews, muslims, Hispanic, lgbt. So many names for a simple being - Human,

Dude just go on with it, it´s a joke, those people don´t deny the holocaust, don´t deny black people´s existence or what. It´s just funny, like really funny, with all of the funny faces. I can´t understand that you are complaining now on Bannerlord when this was happening on Warband in a much bigger scale more years, even today, and it´s still so funny

I don't approve of it being used in the African-American vernacular.
Your personal approval is not material, and we can at last return to the argument regarding moderation, with one more small sidebar:
You correctly point out that the ToS I am referencing is for the forum. you also observe a lack of ToS for the multiplayer game, which is the focus of our discussion.
It is more sensible to assume that the social content policy of the game will closely reflect the Forum ToS than it is to assume it's something totally different. While you can argue that the game ToS will not be like the Forum ToS and will prohibit different things using different language, such a position has not legs to stand on.
Moving on.

The ToS clearly outline that the intent and interpretation of what is said is what is prohibited, not the manner in which it is said. The players in a match, being immediately involved in the circumstance, are best fit to judge the intent behind the chatter. They are best positioned to clear up misunderstandings and communicate boundaries. They are best positioned to decide whether or not to continue playing with an individual, or if one person is being overly-sensitive and spoiling something that no one else (in that match) seems to have a problem with.
For that reason, I prefer to see a vote-kick mechanism controlled by the people directly involved in and affected by the behavior, rather than an third-party (whether a TaleWorlds employee, community council, or individual reviewer) getting the wrong impression from chat logs and coming to a wrong conclusion.

Do tell, what insults you : children murdered before being even born, classified as waste, while you, full of ego in your warped wicked heads and hearts overlook all this, say that its fine, its the new norm, while cry about the non-essential n-word ? How dumb can people get ? Stupidity knows no bounds. Stupidity is abundant where people have left God for their own desires, lusts for power and others. You obviously cant help yourself people, because your priorities are upside down. Only Truth will set you free to prevent your eternalyl continuous destruction. Noone else.
Wtf did I just read ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom