How do I create an empty mesh?

Users who are viewing this thread

I'm trying to create a troop without a visible head (headless), is there a way to create an empty mesh?

EDIT: Found out how to create an empty mesh file.
1) Create a new text document called empty.txt (or whatever you prefer, just keep in mind this name will be the name of the empty mesh)
2) Change it's extension to .obj
3) Go to OpenBRF and import static mesh --> the .obj file you just created
4) Save the brf to the Resources folder of your module
5) Make necessary changes to module.ini so that your new brf gets loaded
6) Enjoy the empty mesh

Last edited:
Solution
Holy..I just searched for errors and there are a lot of them. Missing mesh "empty" is one of them. Is this something to do with the GoG version?
Nah, that's pretty normal for the Native module. Some start with fixing the errors first at their module before starting the rest.

Here is an empty mesh of mine:
Replace the material name with any name which exists at your module

Yes, all is good. I have been making many other edits earlier and they all came through.
I still wonder how your helm looks like ingame since even the missing empty mesh should have caused an error message ingame about missing mesh.
Nah, that's pretty normal for the Native module. Some start with fixing the errors first at their module before starting the rest.

Here is an empty mesh of mine:
Replace the material name with any name which exists at your module

I still wonder how your helm looks like ingame since even the missing empty mesh should have caused an error message ingame about missing mesh.
How come I didn't have the empty mesh? And yeah, I find it really weird that the game works fine even though I'm trying to use a mesh that doesn't exist. I tried using the mesh "empty" instead of the "undead_head" in module_skins.py and the game crashed during load with an error message.

Here it is to quench your curosity:

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Are you sure that there is no other item entry with the same id? So does there no other sarranid_horseman_helmet exist which could overwrite it?
I left the original untouched. I'm supposed to remove the original?

After an eternity...it is done. And now you also know that an empty mesh can be used in module_skins.py to make the head invisible. :smile:

Can you teach me how to create an empty mesh file? What software to be used? I must know.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You can also keep the original one and give the new empty mesh helmet a different ID name, should be less work, just give it the ID empty_helmet or such.
I was not aware that you still have that helmet in use and even then you could have thought about that issue by yourself. There is a reason why it's called an ID, it's an unique name for clear identification :razz:

Upvote 0
You can also keep the original one and give the new empty mesh helmet a different ID name, should be less work, just give it the ID empty_helmet or such.
I was not aware that you still have that helmet in use and even then you could have thought about that issue by yourself. There is a reason why it's called an ID, it's an unique name for clear identification :razz:
Ah yes, creating a unique item just for the empty mesh will do. What about creating an empty mesh? How do I do that? I'm dying to know.

Upvote 0
Back
Top Bottom