The AI just spams attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

I take it the AI has realized you are so bad at the game that it has no need to defend against you and all it has to do is ROFL Stomp your face. Because you don't take the time to learn how to actually play the game correctly and you are to easily frustrated to the point it knows to spam ROFL stomp your face attack attack tactic is the way to go against you. Have you considered this might be your real issue?

Game A.I., especially in these types of games, are not that intelligent. Nor can you learn how the play the game correctly when the game either A.) doesn't bother to teach you how to play it "correctly". B.) the A.I. is faster then you are, thus negating all your strategy changes. Have you considered this might be a game issue, since the game is early access and just released to a wider audience. Of such is not completely balance or bug free yet.

Think part of the problem is how slow it is increasing your skills. I was in the arena for hours and barley got my one-handed up.

It is indeed.
You start with extremly low skill, so basically every streetdog is faster than you.
You also can't really train it up very well.
I tried the old horsearcher-looter starter now.
The amount of hits with a bow i need to get 1 skillpoint from 45 upwards with a learning rate of x8.00 (three focus points) is ungodly.

It feels like a start on Warband with 10 points in each profession at times.
Just a balance issue though.
I'd just wish you would be able to train in the arena in practise fights at least, but those give zero skill.
No clue if this is a bug, a joke or intentionally.

Think part of the problem is how slow it is increasing your skills. I was in the arena for hours and barley got my one-handed up.

Fighting in the arena doesn't give xp or progress on skills.

To everyone else, literally git gud. I was getting recked in solo combat all the time before, then I started using shield bash, etc. If I have to fight a high level troop in tournaments it is intense and difficult (and it should be), but the combat is actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it.

Last edited:
They are not tougher than in Warband.
You are just slower than in Warband.

Just saw you don't even seem to get skill points while fighting tournaments.
I just won my first tournament (more luck than anything else i have to admit) and don't got a single skillpoint.

crazy how bad so many people are

Actually it has nothing to do with good or bad, it has to do with how you enjoy the game and for my part I am all about options, at least in the single player game. I mean at the end of the day, if your playing single player, you should be able to enjoy the game as hard or as easy as you like. I for one want autoblock, because I suck at the game and because I suck, having training wheels and hand holding makes the game more enjoyable for me.

Actually it has nothing to do with good or bad, it has to do with how you enjoy the game and for my part I am all about options, at least in the single player game. I mean at the end of the day, if your playing single player, you should be able to enjoy the game as hard or as easy as you like. I for one want autoblock, because I suck at the game and because I suck, having training wheels and hand holding makes the game more enjoyable for me.

And if people would want a healing skill once a battle for the very easy setting it wouldn't affect anyone negativly.
The more people buying and playing the game, the more money Taleworlds got to keep it getting better for everyone of us.

But those braindead little ****s who have so few in their pityful lifes that they need to play big-bad-boy in a video game don't get that.
I played M&B and Warband on highest difficulties for years and could do magic with my bow (now i suck), but i could never understand this prepubescent behavior against people who didn't want or could spent thousands of hours in the game.

If a player is playing on easy he/she shouldn't have an opinion in the basic balancing of the game or a mod, because thats the base which affect everyones experience, but other than this i can give a wet crap if anyone is playing his/her SP-Sessions naked, with 1000 hitpoints and a fluffly hat on his/her head as long as the game is payed.

And if people would want a healing skill once a battle for the very easy setting it wouldn't affect anyone negativly.
The more people buying and playing the game, the more money Taleworlds got to keep it getting better for everyone of us.

But those braindead little ****s who have so few in their pityful lifes that they need to play big-bad-boy in a video game don't get that.
I played M&B and Warband on highest difficulties for years and could do magic with my bow (now i suck), but i could never understand this prepubescent behavior against people who didn't want or could spent thousands of hours in the game.

If a player is playing on easy he/she shouldn't have an opinion in the basic balancing of the game or a mod, because thats the base which affect everyones experience, but other than this i can give a wet crap if anyone is playing his/her SP-Sessions naked, with 1000 hitpoints and a fluffly hat on his/her head as long as the game is payed.

Yep, totally agree here. I generally used a combination of different settings. I always set my character to take minimal damage (because I suck) while my party always took full damage. I also tended to give (cheat) my main character's skills and stats a bit because I felt he should be "Heroic" rather than just some run of the mill dude. I always had auto-block running as well (again because I suck), but that it what made the game fun for me.

Yep, totally agree here. I generally used a combination of different settings. I always set my character to take minimal damage (because I suck) while my party always took full damage. I also tended to give (cheat) my main character's skills and stats a bit because I felt he should be "Heroic" rather than just some run of the mill dude. I always had auto-block running as well (again because I suck), but that it what made the game fun for me.

I saw people who gave themselves 500 strength to be immortal and onehit everything and enjoying the game.
I can't understand how such a bull**** is fun, but why should i care?
Ofc it is a whole different story with multiplayer and pvp stuff in general, but thats not what we're talking about.

Spamming attacks is kind of like the "day one" strat for new players. If low level A.I. is using that against you it's countered with a well timed block. Blocking at the last second gives the attacker stun delay versus a slow block which doesn't do much.

Also a quick attack (do not hold) right as they start their swing and feints will usually beat it as well.

That said about 1 month ago the A.I. combat was greatly tuned up and given a level 1-100 rating. They started using feints effectively which became much harder to fight against, though could likely go through more changes.

Most people have said but yeah, the AI is spammy if you don't use good block and openings to attack it yourself.
It's one of my favorite improvement on the game so far, the AI isn't stupid like in warband in 1v1 combat.

You just have to learn how to counter it correctly. Although the game could explain a bit better perfect blocks and chamber blocks but still. It's really doable once you know how to fight.

The problem I have with it is how they attack. And by that it is to constantly form a singular 'mob' and run in to each other so they're touching and then trying to attack. There is no minimum distance. The AI needs to take this in to account. Longer weapon? Then the AI will have a longer minimum distance he wants to be against his target. Not continually run up into him for kisses.

Plus it's nuts to create opportunities where if I'm in a 2v1 , maybe disable one guy? Does kick work? I'd love to be able to kick someone back, or knock them over so I have a few seconds to do something against the other. I'm basically pummelled by both simultaneously and luck out if I can stab one guy to death until the next one.

You mean the A.I isn't predictable and braindead? They use feints, defend against your own and use different patterns every time when attacking is what I've noticed. Huge improvement IMO and you're probably just bad :smile:

No, it's like OP said, it just spams the **** out of attacks that keep interrupting your attack. I, eventually, found a way around it because the AI is too stupid to raise it's shield against a head-high sweep attack. But until I lucked into that, it was cluster ****.

I feel with the newest patch the AI difficulty scales with their tier or weapon proficiency. I use the realistic setting in arena and felt lords and tier 5 units are much harder to counter and they have more moves, while low tier units are pretty easy. Just a feeling.

I feel with the newest patch the AI difficulty scales with their tier or weapon proficiency. I use the realistic setting in arena and felt lords and tier 5 units are much harder to counter and they have more moves, while low tier units are pretty easy. Just a feeling.

Yep. They tied the AI fighting "style" to weapon skill. So lords and top tier are harder than lower tier units. Currently it lacks balance cuase the level they had before the patch is on max weapon skill and there's no NPC on that level.

Yep. They tied the AI fighting "style" to weapon skill. So lords and top tier are harder than lower tier units. Currently it lacks balance cuase the level they had before the patch is on max weapon skill and there's no NPC on that level.

Interesting. That's good to know (clearly I didn't read the patch notes carefully enough to know this lol). I like this idea and it makes sense. I'm sure they will sort out the balancing issue eventually.

I had to revive this just for the sheer amount of sheeps who call attack spams a challenge, sure warband had the same system but i'm sorry to say it's not a very good one at that. The ai needs stamina depletion so they can't spam attacks like that, otherwise challenge goes to foolishness with not an inch of tactics in battle.

When stamina depletion is implemented then you make direct hits much more lethal so the game punish you for missing or leaving your defense open.

I know Taleworlds is fully aware of it as they changed combat ai from realistic to challenging, sure you can say its a challenge but not in any good way, and if you consider shield bash as a solid tactic which is simply another spammed button then i can say with confidence that you know nothing of challenge.

I use realistic battles, collision so the blade bounce off the armor and not ghost through you and then a ai overhaul, so be careful before you say it's not possible to do.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom