Did You Know that the Main Quest Can 'Time Out'? I think this should be changed.

Users who are viewing this thread

stevepine

Sergeant Knight at Arms
So, there comes a point, I think, for me, it was on about day 700 or 800 where you can no longer use the banner pieces to make your own kingdom.

Main quest failed ! LOL ?

What other game or RPG has a time limit on the main friggin quest?!! Can you imagine Skyrim saying " Sorry you took too long to slay Alduin , the apocalypse is now here!"

Side quests, sure.... but the main quest?!

Last edited:
I have no idea why they have this on a timer. It's also the only way to make your own kingdom I think, so...

I have no idea why they have this on a timer. It's also the only way to make your own kingdom I think, so...
there is a way by using console command but i don't even wanna bother

IIRC only the initial quest has a timer now, after that you're free to do as you wish.
I think the timer stops when you choose a side to support. Problem with that is that the conspiracy timer starts ticking and when that finishes, all empire or non-empire factions become allies and declare war on your faction. So there is still a time limit sort of. Correct me if I'm wrong though since I haven't played the main quest since the change.

I think the timer stops when you choose a side to support. Problem with that is that the conspiracy timer starts ticking and when that finishes, all empire or non-empire factions become allies and declare war on your faction. So there is still a time limit sort of. Correct me if I'm wrong though since I haven't played the main quest since the change.
Ah, I see, I was trying to find recent post by a dev saying exactly which part has a timer on it but I couldn't. A Dev tracker on the forum would be a great feature to have.

edit: found it as you said, the timer stops when a side has been picked

Last edited:
So, there comes a point, I think, for me, it was on about day 700 or 800 where you can no longer use the banner pieces to make your own kingdom.

Main quest failed ! LOL ?

What other game or RPG has a time limit on the main friggin quest?!! Can you imagine Skyrim saying " Sorry you took too long to slay Alduin , the apocalypse is now here!"

Side quests, sure.... but the main quest?!

Pathfinder Kingmaker :/
The first to cross my mind.

for me it was 846 turns. now no kingdom for me, I'm a lowly peasant $1M warlord for the rest of my bannerlord life.

also, I'm having problems getting a wife. I'm a 42 year old $1M non-kingdom warlord with a castle .. but no woman will talk to me about courting ????

for me it was 846 turns. now no kingdom for me, I'm a lowly peasant $1M warlord for the rest of my bannerlord life.

also, I'm having problems getting a wife. I'm a 42 year old $1M non-kingdom warlord with a castle .. but no woman will talk to me about courting ????
They have to be nobles and you have to convince them without failing the check and that multiple times.

Also this???
My god, the best thing about that quest, is the mod that totally erases it from the game!
Kinda wish it was optional in the base game, start out as nobody and just make your way to the very top. So sandbox experience I suppose. Maybe that will be a thing in the (hopefully) near future.

Fallout 1
Fallout 2
Zelda: Majora's Mask
Realm of Arkadia: Blade of Destiny (early 90's game)

There are probably more. And they are successful games with critical acclaim.

Kinda wish it was optional in the base game, start out as nobody and just make your way to the very top. So sandbox experience I suppose. Maybe that will be a thing in the (hopefully) near future.
I doubt it man.
If you noticed they catered to where the money is nowadays: MP, voice acting, dumbed down mechanics, cool graphics, shallow gameplay and hand-holding the players...ah, not to mention they pushed out a wreck of a game selling it as good.
Basically the opposite of what made Warband such a success.

People like me is a minority nowadays (just look at the forums), so I guess that those days of real SP "sandbox" RPGs are far gone...or you can still stumble upon a freak like Kenshi, but that is a really niche market.

Back
Top Bottom