In Progress [BETA e1.1.0] Characters are very dark in Character/Inventory/Party/Clan screens

Users who are viewing this thread

Carabus

Sergeant at Arms
This is how they looked before in 1.0.10:
4BSr8rv.png
w9pPYVY.png

And this is how they look in BETA e1.1.0:
- with exposition setting set to max (with only medium it is even darker)
- with brightness carefully calibrated, and actually having same values as in earlier versions
3piN47d.png

p3TkMti.png

Note that it is only so dark in the previews in the menus.
In campaign map, in towns and in battle the brightness is ok.

Summary:
How to Reproduce
: Go into one of the menus: Character, Inventory, Party, Clan
Media: See above
Version: e1.1.0 Beta, e1.1.0
Computer Specs
:
GPU: Nvidia GTX1060 6GB
CPU: Intel i7-7700K
RAM: 16GB
Motherboard: Asus Z270E
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Last edited:
I have the same problem, and reported it too,but you'r report is waaay mroe detailed than mine.

And alieser whatever i do the "black overcoat" of ligjht dosen't go away

Can you try recalibrating brightness and exposure from the options menu?

I tried several times to carefully recalibrate brightness - with checkerboards barely visible as intended -
was always ending with similar values of brightness as in earlier versions (the values I get are close to -6 and 16) - and still 3D view is very dark in the menus.

I tried various values of exposure, minimum, maximum and something in between. With maximum exposure the views are brightest, and closest to how they looked e1.0.11, but still very noticably darker. (see screenshots in initial post, it is with exposure to maximum).

The problem started happening in first version of e1.1.0 BETA, the last version without the problem is e1.0.11.

It happens only in the 3D views in the menus, while in campaign map/battles/towns the brightness is ok and the same as in previous versions.

Tell me if you need any more info.

Edit: Now I also tried various extreme values in Brightness Calibration options, from -50 to 50 in both checkerboards, but couldn't find any setting that made it look actually better.

Last edited:
Just like to mention this is happening to me too - tried all the above steps tweaking brightness and exposure to no avail

Summary:
How to Reproduce
: Go into one of the menus: Character, Inventory, Party, Clan

Version: e1.1.0 Beta
Computer Specs
:
GPU: Nvidia GTX960 4GB
CPU: Intel i7-4790 @ 3.60GHz
RAM: 16GB
Storage Device (HDD/SSD): HDD

Back
Top Bottom