Romance and Marriage is sad :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Yiig

Recruit
As a player, you must marry by age 35 I had read for female chars (too late for me, I had to restart my last campaign :razz:).

Anyway, if you happen to not talk to the person of interest for less than a day, they are "angry" with you for not talking to them recent enough. Which is kind of annoying at this point, because not only did I just talk to them a few real life seconds ago, but after a few dialogue options, we don't have much to talk about.

So, to marry, you have to achieve it within 5 years for females. I had to rush to get cash, my character was 33 by time I had enough cash comfortably to marry while also establishing other stuff (i.e. RPing). This felt like I was not really playing the way I would've wanted though because it rushed parts of my playthrough. Otherwise, play as a golddigger :razz:.

The other thought, why does our character start at age 30? If we start younger, we have a bit more time to play out the romance stuff (well, "romance"). Anyway, it feels really rushed for female characters and so we can't play out the ambitious years... men getting to 40 is kind of rushed too, but it's not nearly as bad. My last playthrough, I was 40 before I realized I had waited way too long to marry (Opps). I had way too much money by 40, so I would've had a chance a many few years before if my character was male. (I dunno, I like to be a bit of a badass before I marry tbfh)

Last edited:
Yes, I don't like time limited, both for male and female.

I kind of understand for females especially for establishing progeny. However, no reason you can't go in a village to save it (or raid it ^-^) and "adopt" somebody's now orphaned child. Fr male characters, makes no sense short of allowing enough time for a child to "grow up" so you can take over on next play-through if that is the plan. But damn, let an old man die happy (or sad, his choice) and continue to have kids as long as his Charm skill is still working. Seems plausible.

Doesn't the game start you off at 30 years old or something? This should be lowered.
You can edit this in the game files. Modules/NativeSandbox/ModuleData/lords.xml ---> find player_character (something like that) and change the age to whatever you like. I set it to 20 default. You can also manually set your age using the detailed character creation mod.

You can edit this in the game files. Modules/NativeSandbox/ModuleData/lords.xml ---> find player_character (something like that) and change the age to whatever you like. I set it to 20 default. You can also manually set your age using the detailed character creation mod.

Thanks.

I somehow failed a persuasion attempt to mary 3 different women in a row even though the chance of success was shown as 94%.
There isn't even a second chance, it seems I can never try again with them..

Yes it does. I suppose their thinking here is that a youngster is unlikely to be running their own mercenary band, but it could probably be lowered to 25 and still make sense.

People were considered adult much earlier in those times though, it shouldn't be considered.strange at all to have a 20 year old mercenary leader.

I actually never checked if age progression was based on real life year time (365 days for you to be a year older), or was it quicker?
I did get married, join a faction, get filthy rich, and get a fief all before day 300 at least.

CK2 mood.
Its definitely nowhere near 365 days. Its somewhere around 84-100 days = 1 year. My experience leads me to guess its 100, but I've seen 84 days posted by people elsewhere.

Doesn't the game start you off at 30 years old or something? This should be lowered.

Your clan is disgraced, maybe for this reason you can marry before. They get wiped out by a small band of slavers.
The strange thing is that your are age 30 with puny skills while your younger brother has better skills and some 20 years old characters have very high skills. Not just lords, but also notables and criminal leaders.

I hope romance is not some sort of progression bottleneck but just something optional for fun. I'm not here to get married and start a dynasty. I'm here to conquer the world and let the strongest try to take it from me when I'm old.

its hard for males to get married easier for female but females have a time bomb over their heads...
why does the female character seeks the boys father and need the boy to not be alone in clan so she can ask someone for his blessing like the man does.... hi i am sexy and boys want me if a man wont get me without his dad approval he is not right for me ok? asking for the females father might be true in some cultures but the mans? DUDEEEE

its hard for males to get married easier for female but females have a time bomb over their heads...
why does the female character seeks the boys father and need the boy to not be alone in clan so she can ask someone for his blessing like the man does.... hi i am sexy and boys want me if a man wont get me without his dad approval he is not right for me ok? asking for the females father might be true in some cultures but the mans? DUDEEEE

Laziness + marriage accesses some useful content so they don't want to make it TOO easy for female characters. I don't agree with that, speculating at the reasoning.

Also, on a side note, I was playing a female Aserai character and I tried to make my dowry to marry a lord like 20k of camels and he wouldn't take it, but he took 4k cash. Fix camel dowry's ASAP TW.

But yeah, the marriage system is pretty incomplete and broken at the moment, though probably not a burning hot priority.

Back
Top Bottom