Lords spawning with troops after defeat ruins the game

Users who are viewing this thread

When a lord is defeated, once he respawns on the map, he comes with free troops.
I guess this was the way to fix the snowball effect we had before, and has been well discussed in this reddit thread
But this implementation totally ruins the game.

I'm trying to create my kingdom by taking the only castle that the northen empire has left.
But Lucon engaged a fk ton of mercenaries, so I am totally swarmed :

78B866F444BCAE467D4D5A23EEB50DB822A48580

But the main problem is not this.
Despite the fact that I beat and capture a sh!t ton of lords working for Lucon, as soon as they escape they spawn back in this castle with fresh new troops.
So the more I beat them the stronger Lucon becomes :

61970C2A5337C3D66B05CF7459D598CBB19D5A9A

After a few battles, he has now over 1200 troops when his lords are in the castle, making it impossible to take for me because I don't want to join any faction.

This is totally messed up.

I also want to bring light with this on the subject discussed on this thread about food shortage that affects players but doesn't seem to affect IA, because after an ingame year messing around with Lucon in this save, his garrison troops seem all well fed.

6ED28FE62DFE435DB1D28CA783945AAA1D7C9F51

Giving troops out of thin air is not a solution as it creates other huge issues.

>When a lord is defeated, once he respawns on the map, he comes with free troops.
I guess this was the way to fix the snowball effect we had before, and has been well discussed in this reddit thread
But this implementation totally ruins the game.

Unfortunately, I can verify that lords used to spawn with troops even in patch 1.0.0. So before they made any changes about snowballing. I used to "farm" enemy lords by kiting them to their only castle/town, initiating battle with them, winning and then letting the lord go free. The lord would then respawn immediately afterwards at the entrance of their castle/town

+ to both comments on this problem.
There should be another way to make AI lords more competitive comparing to human player.

And this just becomes a game of defending against AI waves of armies, which are 50% recruits. :lol:

Last edited:
Unfortunately, I can verify that lords used to spawn with troops even in patch 1.0.0. So before they made any changes about snowballing.
Very useful information, thank you.

And this just becomes a game of defending against AI waves of armies, which are 50% recruits. :lol:
In this playthrough, Lucon is no more a king, he's just a bandit that attacks caravans passing nearby the castle with all these lords. My game lags like hell when they all get out of this castle.

Last edited:
Hi all i meet this bug too but with T5-T4 troops and max enemy army 750. I find this bug as immersion break and as easy farm equipment, money, renown and clan lvl. I lvl up my clan lvl from 3 lvl to 5,5 lvl and flee when i gen wound (spend 5h to farm). I raid their villages before but this dont help. Good things i can refresh troops from their prisoners and my prisoners (80% my loss infantry and 18% cavalery).

I suggest they just dont let respawn lords if castle or town in siege and vilages respawn dont work after raid.

Version game: 1.2.0 beta

Last edited:
Lol WTF. I just started executing them all after the first time I realized they were materializing new troops out of nowhere. I had no idea it actually got this bad.This is comical how game-breaking it is.

Yeah it kinda stupid and ruin the experience. Yesterday I was fighting against aserai and I fought the same lord time and time again it was feeling like that scene from dr strange "Dormammu..." I let him go because he'll escape anyway after 1-2 days, so he keep reappearing near husn fulq with 40 troops and feeding them to my army.

The only real answer to this **** is chop head off, and it's been nerfed in every patch.

It helps to imprison captured lords in a dungeon. Hasn't been so bad for me.
If you have a proper army, then those small groups will be too scared of you anyway.

If you have a proper army, then those small groups will be too scared of you anyway.
Well it depends on the situation I guess, news from the situation in the OP, I've retreat cheesed half of their army, they're back down to 500 soldiers, but with my max 150 troops limit it's still really hard.
Having to workaround this is tedious, they should go on a large recruiting campain instead of spawning at that castle with fresh troops (I too want free archers and cavalry)

Last edited:
they should go on a large recruiting campain instead of spawning at that castle with fresh troops

That would just put them in a loop of being captured by bandits all the time.
I think imprisoning lords is supposed to be the cooldown timer which stops the waves of freshly spawned lords with troops. I understand your frustration though and do think the current system needs improvement, but I think the main issue here is the mercenary spam. There should be more restrictions or limits to recruiting mercenaries.
For starters, not every minor faction should be mercenaries and kingdoms shouldn't be allowed to have more than 2 or maybe 3 mercenary factions at a time.

Last edited:
I think imprisoning lords is supposed to be the cooldown timer which stops the waves of freshly spawned lords with troops. I understand your frustration though and do think the current system needs improvement, but I think the main issue here is the mercenary spam. There should be more restrictions or limits to recruiting mercenaries.
For starters, not every minor faction should be mercenaries and kingdoms shouldn't be allowed to have more than 2 or maybe 3 mercenary factions at a time.

Sure there is some work reguarding mercenary recruitment too, but a safer workaround to prevent capture by bandits would be to make lords invisible to bandits until they reach kind of the same amount of troops they spawn with.
That would prevent the IA cheat we're dealing with currently and as of right now I don't see any down side to it.

The problem with this is that they just "escape" from prison like two days later (by forcing a ransom). In a logical world, your suggestion should work, but right now it doesn't work unless you really have an OP army.

They need to allow you to keep lords as prisoners for way longer... like years. That's the real problem here.

They need to allow you to keep lords as prisoners for way longer... like years. That's the real problem here.
Yes but that would cause a huge balancing issue though, because you could clear out the entire map of lords quite easily then.
There should be a min and max imprisonment duration like from 1 week (and not 6 hours like it sometimes happen now) to 1 month.

Just recalled it : when you are engaged by stronger enemies, whether lords or even bandits, you can negociate to get away: enemy troops just leave you be after that. So the ignore behaviour is already implemented, they just need to apply it to defeated lords instead of giving them free troops.

I've noticed that mercenary lords can also respawn with cavalry or even horse archers, that's totally unfair.

Back
Top Bottom