Romance, how does it even work?

Users who are viewing this thread

I've been playing for a while now, got my clan level to 5 and started wondering, how can I romance someone? I've been approaching single lord women, but I can't get the dialogue? I have no idea what's going on. I noticed my character is almost 50 already and I don't want him to die and have nobody continue the clan.

Any information on the topic is welcome.

Cant get married past 40 as a man, 35 as a woman. Its stupid, you have to get married right away. It doesn't make any sense either, a man IRL would be more than capable of getting married past his 40's and still be able to have kids, likely all the way until he's in his 80's and can't walk. Even a woman could potentially have kids into her 40's, while that's extremely rare and the child may have issues IRL, in game a female hero can have kids up until she's 45. Definitely needs to be changed.

Visit castles to see who is in the Lord's Hall (or check in the Encyclopedia). You can start a conversation with a member of the opposite sex that starts something like "I am a big admirer" or some such. You should then get invited back. Turn up every few days to talk. You will have optional ansers to various questions. If you are a suitable match, you can talk to the clan head to arrange the dowry.

Edit: bummer about the age limit.

Wait, what the ****? There's an age limit? So my campaign is screwed now no matter what?
yep. sorry to say. at least death isn't a thing yet.
BUT, you can install a mod to change your age and you should be good.
will allow you to edit your appearance in detail and change your age
will allow you to manually set your age.

yep. sorry to say. at least death isn't a thing yet.
BUT, you can install a mod to change your age and you should be good.

Thanks a lot beanywalrus, you're a legend. I'll definitely use the mod, because I think this is a massive oversight by the devs. Does the characters age normally after using the mod?

I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the main character is supposed to be 25, but it's currently bugged and making the hero 30. I think it was on the official known list of bugs on these forums.

Back
Top Bottom