The dev is beating around the bush

Users who are viewing this thread

I feel the dev is not addressing the most pressing matters in the patches. I mean half of the game needs to be finished or overhauled, why bother doing those minor balance tweaks such as caravans?
Because, it's not a minor thing. The economy, money flow, general wealth of settlements and item prices are the core of of the game. It fully expect major weeeping changes in the coming patches until it is finally in a state where it should be. By contrast:

We have a fully messed up skill tree and a non-existence relationship interaction system! I would also much rather see the completion of kingdom management/diplomacy features. But definitely dev thinks those issues are too difficult to address so why don't we do this minor tweak to the economic system, that should be easier...
skill trees are a trivial minor things that can and will will gradually be patched over time.

I don't know how many developers they have but limiting caravans from 80 to 30 probably requires 1 man hour and a few more hours of mostly passive testing.
Mexxico probably spend less time with the change than he spend with discussions on the forums...
So I'd say the complaint is pretty invalid unless the entire dev team is occupied with changing one number.
This. People getting their panties in a wad over nothing.

Half a day for seven lines of dialog? How can I get a job like that?

A good writer should be able to craft many backstories per day. I have been doing that and all I am doing is testing a mod!

To be honest, TaleWorlds in general seems like a pretty cool place to work, with almost no deadlines to meet, and a 'done when it's done' mentality. I can't imagine stress is a big feature there!

Its clear who doesnt know anything about early access games or game development. It is not even possible for massive game developers to keep up with all issues instantly while bug fixing. Not even Blizzard was able to do that during the beta of World of Warcraft with a team of over 400 people working on the game.

TW must delegate issues between those working on the game. Bug fixes and content will be listed according to importance while hammering out critical issues first.No doubt, small things like minor tweaks to caravans and the like is being handled by 1 person (Small company, few people) focusing on what has already been implemented getting small tweaks while key developers are working on the hard ****.

Some people need to calm down or step away from the game for a few months because it sounds like yall are expecting to "play" and not testing and aiding the game grow with suggestions...early access is just that, early access to an incomplete game that requires serious testing and development.

100% agree with everything. Bunch of kids.

they gather feedback along the way till full release, then probably start implementing what you people like and prefer but some features have prerequisites or are part of the other plan and they dont invest time in minor fixes before implementing whole new feature.

skill trees are a trivial minor things that can and will will gradually be patched over time
Complete bollocks, they are currently trying to balance the economy but if the perks would work their current balancing will be off again. They should at first the skills, otherwise they are working for absolutely zero gain here.

Makes me genuinely wonder: "Who even asked for a caravan nerf in the first place?"

There was a poll thread started by a developer this week.

My thoughts on the devs focusing on the "wrong thing" is that I'm glad the game is becoming playable, some major bugs have been fixed and the XP overhauls have been really beneficial. I think the caravan thing is a bit controversial but even then, they've done some good work stabilizing the game so far.

What remains to be seen is the first real content patch, where we will see features coming into play. I'm hoping there will be one by the end of the month, but we can really only wait and see. They said at least one year for the game to be fully implemented. At that time is when I feel I can truly pass judgement on things like dev cycles.

if skills can effect how much a caravan make how the hell do you do a balance update before you fix the skill that effects the caravans .............
edit:just why bruh tbh i dont mind the updates i expect things to go up and down for a while but if trade skill it self effects caravans are there are caravans perks and a caravans discount faction but all of those not working yet why balance it without adding the rest of the parts first...

Complete bollocks, they are currently trying to balance the economy but if the perks would work their current balancing will be off again. They should at first the skills, otherwise they are working for absolutely zero gain here.
You have to first have a functioning economy as a base to work with and then you can introduce any perks and skills (modifiers) that work within that framework not the other way around.

You have to first have a functioning economy as a base to work with and then you can introduce any perks and skills (modifiers) that work within that framework not the other way around.

Wrong, get everything working first, then balance it. Otherwise say one patch fixes one trade perk but not the others, well now with that perk everyone is making mad money for some reason. Well, time to nerf the economy again. Wait new perk added, gotta nerf the economy again. Whoops another perk, gotta nerf it. Get everything working, then balance it.

Diplomacy is currently non-existent, you can't even trade with companions, fiefs are instantly starving because prosperity is negatively effecting food production. We got bigger problems than the economy right now..

Back
Top Bottom