Auto resolve isn't worth it and still sucks

Users who are viewing this thread

spacecaose

Regular
You still need to fix this. I'm having to fight every battle, even the one's with less the 10 enemies because i don't trust the atuo resolve still. I manged to lose 3 units 2 of which where rank 6 heavy infantry and had 2 injured while running 30+ archers. ( I was vsing 5 enemies) Check screen shot.

This is getting stupid at this point, even vs basic looters i'm still getting wounded soliders, even with vsing small amount of (5) I don't mind so much except the auto resolve is the only decent way to get decent xp on your low tier troops, but suffering wounds means i have to bloody wait a week to heal my units which is annoying if i need to fight anything.

I don't mind my low tier units getting wounded but when i'm seing tier 6 cav archers on wounded list its really annoying.

The auto-resolve still need to be looked into. Also i some times find that (looters) have troops in their ranks which are not looters, so you click the auto-resolve and find out you've lost 2-3 units because they had like 1-2 units which are not looters. Not sure if its a bug.

Last edited:
What is your Tactics level? Your performance in "simulated" (auto-resolve) battles is heavily based on this.

As of now the only battles I auto resolve are against looters to farm XP to train new troops; looters for some reason can only wound and not kill troops in simulations.

My tactics level is currently 45, which isn't 2 high. Still it's amazing that my army of mostly ranged units finds it hard to kill 5 people, while still managing to lose 2 tier 6 heavy units, while having 30+ archers which half are elite.

Auto resolving, despite tactics level is still pretty faulty in my opinion. Unless you understand and assume the risk of losing a few troops that you would ordinarily not lose in battle, I would avoid it altogether (Except of course looters).

Auto resolving, despite tactics level is still pretty faulty in my opinion. Unless you understand and assume the risk of losing a few troops that you would ordinarily not lose in battle, I would avoid it altogether (Except of course looters).

I fully understand not to use it 99% of the time, i've manged to lose Knights in warbands to peasents while having 100+ of them which still gives me bad memories. But having a mostly horse archer comp for the first time, i though that fighting anything below 10 units wouldn't cost me any units, because of the ranged advantage, but i guess the game isn't quite at the stage yet for calculations.

I tend to find it matters on what your fighting, because if your opponent has any kind of ranged ability, they always manage to kill a few units no matter what, but a full melee force, even if it's melee cavalry doesn't seem to be nearly as effective.
Think there is a bit too high emphasis on ranged power in auto ressolve.

I tend to find it matters on what your fighting, because if your opponent has any kind of ranged ability, they always manage to kill a few units no matter what, but a full melee force, even if it's melee cavalry doesn't seem to be nearly as effective.
Think there is a bit too high emphasis on ranged power in auto ressolve.

I mean when you're out numbering the enemy 10-1 with you having say 30 archers and 15 of those are elite horse archers, while most of your infantry are also archers, and your melee cav as have jav's i don't see how you lose units when they shouldn't really be getting close.

If i don't auto-resolve i lose nothing.

The auto-resolve still need to be looked into, i hate having to fight every enemy with less then 10 units that isn't looters.

Last edited:
Ew; Yeah don't use it. Let your companions clean up the trash. Drop a companion party with your training troops.
Like John said; Just use it on looters; They're good for raising tactics and medicine. It's useful to keep a few wounded on you lol.

Ew; Yeah don't use it. Let your companions clean up the trash. Drop a companion party with your training troops.
Like John said; Just use it on looters; They're good for raising tactics and medicine. It's useful to keep a few wounded on you lol.

Oh i already do that. But it more so for Early to mid game where you have to fight everything your self until you're making enough money.

Auto-resolve went completely crazy. 50 tier 5 units engaging against 10 looters, 1 Imperial Legionary dies. What the f? What the actual f?

We still need this fixed, also looters are killing my men now wheen they shouldn't. They also don't always have just looters in their army comp, they sometimes have bandits, so you randomly end up attacking say 20 looters and end up losing 5 men for no reason.

Last edited:
Looters can kill still 1.2 unfortunately.
So now if you want to level up recruits, well good luck. Because if you don't simulate fights because you don't want silly losses, then you have to get the troops you want to level up to actually kill ennemies in battles ! There is no xp distribution. Only those who kill level up

Looters can kill still 1.2 unfortunately.
So now if you want to level up recruits, well good luck. Because if you don't simulate fights because you don't want silly losses, then you have to get the troops you want to level up to actually kill ennemies in battles ! There is no xp distribution. Only those who kill level up

This is huge problem at the moment, like really huge i can't level up unit's what so ever without it being super slow. Also i can't form a kingdom because of the bugged quest so i currently only have 1 city. Because my city goes through a cicle of having food, then not having food i can't store units inside the garrason cause i risk them leaving when the city runs out of food. This needs to be fixed asap

If you can't workaround it maybe you should switch back to 1.1 until they fix this.
Even 1.1 wasn't so great if i recall correctly because exp gain was lowered. In my Khuzait playthrough I was farming Khuan's guard like hell with auto resolve looter fights.

If you can't workaround it maybe you should switch back to 1.1 until they fix this.
Even 1.1 wasn't so great if i recall correctly because exp gain was lowered. In my Khuzait playthrough I was farming Khuan's guard like hell with auto resolve looter fights.

The problem it no matter what patch, you could only auto-resovle vs looters because they didn't kill, but now you cant even auto-resolve vs looters because they have a chance to kill your units, making the auto-resolve function useless. My army of 120 elite horse archers still die/wounded vs armies of 5.

I wonder if lords having much higher tactics then the average player may be impacting this. Im over 100 tactic in my playthru and auto resolving lopsided battles where I have a 10 to 1 advantage still causes alot of my better troops to die

Yes but you could at least auto-resolve against one ennemy type so you could level up new troops, now you can't even do that xD

I wonder if lords having much higher tactics then the average player may be impacting this. Im over 100 tactic in my playthru and auto resolving lopsided battles where I have a 10 to 1 advantage still causes alot of my better troops to die

I think they just roll a dice with some other fixed parameters to resolve auto-resolve fights, and i don't really think even with 500 tactics you'd ever get 0 kills in a T6 army vs looters with rocks as it makes sense

Yes but you could at least auto-resolve against one ennemy type so you could level up new troops, now you can't even do that xD

I think they just roll a dice with some other fixed parameters to resolve auto-resolve fights, and i don't really think even with 500 tactics you'd ever get 0 kills in a T6 army vs looters with rocks as it makes sense

It feels like they're just using the auto-resolve system from warband which was utter trash tier.

It feels like they're just using the auto-resolve system from warband which was utter trash tier.
I do agree on that and obviously that's not the only thing they've copy pasted from warband.

But I'm sure everything's gonna be fine, I'm totally backing up TW on their good work

Back
Top Bottom