SP Native Revolutions - towns can revolt!

Users who are viewing this thread

Kommissar

Recruit
Revolutions aims to stop snowballing, by allowing towns with low loyalty to revolt, providing they're owned by a different faction to their original.

266-1586262801-1481786219.png
266-1586262805-1669420839.png

IMPORTANT! If your mod crashes on startup, navigate to mod's "Bin" folder, select Revolutions.dll file, right-click it, go to properties, and tick "Unblock" at the bottom right.

When you launch the mod for the first time, each town will be assigned a loyalty to its current owner. When said towns are taken over, loyalty decreases by a base of -5. When it gets low enough, revolution progress will start building up, eventually causing a rabble of looters to appear outside of the city and attack the garrison. There's 500 of them, but they're not very strong - so a good commander can certainly hold off the attack! Should they be successful, the town changes hands. Keeping loyalty high will prevent revolts. Player (at present) receives a boost to loyalty to prevent early-game rebellions.

It works best with a new game or a game where one faction hasn't dominated yet.

Current features:
  • Loyalty to original town owner (at campaign launch)
  • Revolt once the revolt progress reaches 100%
  • New town screen
  • Player able to increase loyalty in their towns by staying in them
  • Faction revolt cooldown (30 days since the last revolt), ensuring towns don't keep going back and forth between factions

Planned features:
  • After a certain time, the town will become loyal to its new owner, or at least loyalty penalties will be reduced.
  • Interaction with revolt mechanic (such as inciting revolts).
  • More interactive revolt (battle, or garrison changes) DONE
  • BETTER revolt battles - I hope to make them happen inside the city, rather than on the plains outside.

I'm looking to gather as much feedback as possible so I can fine-tune the loyalty changes. Please provide me with constructive criticism and suggestions.

source code for those of you interested: https://github.com/zkajo/Revolutions

Links:
Nexus

Last edited:
Great idea!
However, did you also alter Campaign AI? Because if not, then it might be pretty unstable game experience. It would be better off for Campaign AI to hold and stabilize the towns they have before launching an attack for others.

Great idea!
However, did you also alter Campaign AI? Because if not, then it might be pretty unstable game experience. It would be better off for Campaign AI to hold and stabilize the towns they have before launching an attack for others.

Not yet, but it's something I will look into.
At the moment I ensured that a faction can experience only one revolt per three years.

Back
Top Bottom