Khuzait are op

Users who are viewing this thread

durbal

Sergeant
Please nerf this stupid faction. Horse archers are insanely OP in battle and there's no way to reliably catch them on the campaign map or outrun them. They are all kinds of dumb, and the fact that you kill them and they respawn with horse archers and just merge right up into another freight train army is just plain stupid. Every playthrough means I need to rush to the Northern Empire as a merc and help them to stop Khuzait from snowballing. I should've written this playthrough off when Khuzait stealth-sieged Myzea right before Northern Empire peaced out. I knew it was doomed.

Their start location and geography are 100% safe, their economy is possibly the strongest, their units are the strongest, their abilities are the strongest, etc. etc. etc. Tired of playing whack-a-mole against these guys. Just had Monchug declare war and be on my doorstep sieging with a 1300-man army in less than two days (oh, and horse archers are OP in sieges too). C'mon.

Originally I wanted to play as them then I realized it's just EZ-mode so now I have to do everything I can to eradicate them.

I won't even get into ancillary buffs like not having to worry as much about influence or food because they spend so much less time marching.

Typical scenario: Khuzait declares war. Rush back to towns and castles and see where the stealth freight train of 1000 horses arrives. Go there and hope you're there in time. They pack up and leave and outrun you unless the AI runs into a corner. Now they are sieging somewhere else on the other side of the map. Well, write that one off. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Somebody just became prisoner to a Khuzait Lord.
Horse archers get DESTROYED by a line of archers. You just don't know how to properly c o o m.

Last edited:
horse archers run out of ammo fast and they ve only half the amount of arrows archers have and cant pick arrows up actually they need a buff

Please nerf this stupid faction. Horse archers are insanely OP in battle and there's no way to reliably catch them on the campaign map or outrun them. They are all kinds of dumb, and the fact that you kill them and they respawn with horse archers and just merge right up into another freight train army is just plain stupid. Every playthrough means I need to rush to the Northern Empire as a merc and help them to stop Khuzait from snowballing. I should've written this playthrough off when Khuzait stealth-sieged Myzea right before Northern Empire peaced out. I knew it was doomed.

Their start location and geography are 100% safe, their economy is possibly the strongest, their units are the strongest, their abilities are the strongest, etc. etc. etc. Tired of playing whack-a-mole against these guys. Just had Monchug declare war and be on my doorstep sieging with a 1300-man army in less than two days (oh, and horse archers are OP in sieges too). C'mon.

Originally I wanted to play as them then I realized it's just EZ-mode so now I have to do everything I can to eradicate them.

I won't even get into ancillary buffs like not having to worry as much about influence or food because they spend so much less time marching.

Typical scenario: Khuzait declares war. Rush back to towns and castles and see where the stealth freight train of 1000 horses arrives. Go there and hope you're there in time. They pack up and leave and outrun you unless the AI runs into a corner. Now they are sieging somewhere else on the other side of the map. Well, write that one off. Rinse and repeat.
In my campaign i never even got the chance to fight them, they got stomped by the Northern Empire AI into oblivion by the time i joined a faction.

Horse archers get DESTROYED by a line of archers. You just don't know how to properly c o o m.

Ahh, is this the strategy of going on about how weak, and not fun the horse archers are to play with, so that the devs wouldn't get wind of it, and nerf it to the ground.

AHHHHH! HORSE ARCHERS ARE SO WEAK! FML! THEY CAN'T EVEN DO MELEE PROPERLY! kappa

Well, they are strong because the horse archer A.I. is decent, and they keep their distance non-stop, but pure archers are stronger, and more accurate than horse archers, as long as you're able to keep the enemy cav off of them.

Never had problem with them (fought many times as NE Merc). Just split inf into 2 groups put both in shieldwall back to back, archers in loose formation and keep cav away until they run out of ammo. In horseback melee they suck. Compared to normal archers and crossbowman they suck. What's so op about them?

Ok they have one good point. Speed on campaign map and since besieging is so short (not even a day to prepare everything to assault) they can take towns/castles fast. This part however is more about changing the time it takes to prepare assault while besieging.

Ahh, is this the strategy of going on about how weak, and not fun the horse archers are to play with, so that the devs wouldn't get wind of it, and nerf it to the ground.

AHHHHH! HORSE ARCHERS ARE SO WEAK! FML! THEY CAN'T EVEN DO MELEE PROPERLY! kappa

Well, they are strong because the horse archer A.I. is decent, and they keep their distance non-stop, but pure archers are stronger, and more accurate than horse archers, as long as you're able to keep the enemy cav off of them.

Not really.
I like to play with archers and I've never had problems with dumb horse cavalry.
I sh1t on the Khuzaits on every playthrough.

Not really, my brother did several tests with archer vs horse archer battles and horse archers win every time, foot archers lose too much time changing formations when left for the AI to control and if left in the same formation even if well spread some of the archers never fire because of allies nearby, while horse archers never stop firing, also many of the footmen shots are wasted on the horses, while every hit of the horse archers is an enemy archer down.

In my more recent playthrough, the Khuzaits still become a dominant factions but even past day 300 they've only captured 3 or so cities outside their regular territory (Tyal, Amprela and Myzea). I will say that fighting the Khuzaits is not fun, especially if your army is predominantly infantry. In past playthroughs, I've lost scores of Imperial Legionnaires in battles against their armies when I marched with npc lords and the faction really seemed to absorb their own losses quite well.

I think the problem is based on some issues:
1) Most combat across the map is based entirely on Tactic Simulations, and in those simulations I believe that cavalry units get a leg-up compared to infantry units. Thus factions like the Khuzaits, or even the Vlandians to a certain extent, that use a lot of such units tend to do better across multiple Tactic Simulations.

Note: This problem is exacerbated by the fact that Khuzait lords can recruit large numbers of tier 2 riders known as the Khuzait Tribal Warrior. No other factions is able to recruit cavalry units, even weak ones, as easily Khuzait lords. Their victories carried on the backs of horse riding peasants with meek steppe bows.

2) Armies composed of large numbers of Cavalry Units move faster than armies that are mostly infantry. Thus, Khuzait armies can sprint across the map faster than their neighbors, the Sturgians and Imperials.

3) The Khuzaits have one of the best start positions from a tactical perspective. Their backs are against the wall, and all their neighbors share a single border with them with at most 2 cities. The Sturgians fair the worst by far, as their territory is a long stretch of snowy corridors and dense forests - by the time they assemble and march, the Khuzaits will have already taken the eastern-most city of Tyal in a siege.

It doesn't help that the npc armies will usually march on the city with the bare essentials, a battering ram and a siege tower at most. At the moment, this is all that is needed to overrun a city. Although in recent patches I think the AI is more inclined to extended sieges.

I will say that fighting the Khuzaits is not fun, especially if your army is predominantly infantry. In past playthroughs, I've lost scores of Imperial Legionnaires in battles against their armies when I marched with npc lords and the faction really seemed to absorb their own losses quite well.
they are the counter to mostly infantry armies.... khuzait mounted archers have half the amount of arrows any other archers/mounted archers have they are weak atm and in-need of a buff

atm having just infantry can help you win infantry are kings and the khuzait punish you for that
i think they are necessary threat also they cant conquer the whole map due to a big problem called steppe bandits
steppe bandits are op moving at the speed of 7 and capturing khuzait lords 24/7 and killing all of their villagers/caravans making them unable to conquer the world and mostly broke

I will say that steppes bandits are quite the plague, they've taken a toll on my caravans and I can't even reach villagers in time to help them before they mulch them.

But I don't think your right about the arrows of the Khuzaits, their higher level horse archers (tier 4 & 5?) have two bundles of arrows. The tradeoff is that they only have a sword and no shield.

Back
Top Bottom