How to punish noobs who turtle up with shield and wait for friends to come help?

Users who are viewing this thread

I find myself in a 1v3 many times and facing some noob holding up a shield not even attacking, just waiting till his friends arrive in a minute. How do you counter this? Also if you do this you are a coward.

Shield bash or kick, or walk around him, or wail on the shield until it breaks, or pay attention and hit the friends when they arrive. I dunno, it seems like a basic problem with a basic answer.

Shield bash or kick, or walk around him, or wail on the shield until it breaks, or pay attention and hit the friends when they arrive. I dunno, it seems like a basic problem with a basic answer.

Shield bash against shield does nothing, kicking is too short a stun to open him up in a meaningful way, wailing on the shield till it breaks is all fine and well but it takes way too long either way.

This wouldn't be a problem in Skirmish if we only had one life though, it's the fact you can win a fight and be killing the last guy by non stop hitting his shield until it breaks, when you get a jav or bow in the back. The guy with the glued RMB gets to keep on going while myself, the one who actually won the fight gets ****ed over by the dodgy spawning and insane amount of shield HP.

To answer the OP: Take heavy archer, when you find yourself in this situation shoot him in the feet or arms.

as the other guy said, bash and kick don't work well here. Shield takes longer to break than bannerlord EA release...

I just feel like noobs shouldn't be able to do that, its lame. IRL if someone is just holding a shield up and being passive (I do HEMA), I will just grab the shield and stab him. Or attack the feet/legs, which you can't do in MnB. Maybe we can put shield fatigue? If you put your shield up for too long it goes on cooldown for a bit which you can use your sword to parry as usual.

vzHoKft.png

:xf-cry::xf-cry::xf-cry:

I think that developers should reduce HPs on the shield (without thinking about the damage system). And someone, in this way, can be saved, but someone will receive a reward in the form of a broken shield.

But can developers add complexity to the players? I dont know!

Last edited:
just pick cavalry or archers who are better infantry, this way you can shoot underneath their shield!
I never play cav, they are for cowards. Even as an archer you can get into a situation like this where a single noob is just sitting melee range near u with their shield up and not attacking, just waiting for their friends to come.

i'm just saying there's plenty of methods for breaking up shields of noobs who are turtling, you are just not using the game to its full potential. infantry is quite useless in bannerlord at the moment so just pick cavalry. if you pick archer you have an infantry that has more utility than normal infantry choices, you can force people to move towards you and you usually spawn with really great armor & shield

The real answer is that there's really nothing you can do about it as an infantry. Kicks and shield bashes don't really do anything to people constantly holding down their block, and shields have a ridiculous amount of HP. It's one of the reasons why I can't stand playing infantry in this game. You don't have the ability to really do anything against a turtle on your own. The combat is very unsatisfying.

In Mordhau, people that just block lose stamina faster than the people attacking them, eventually leading to a defensive player that doesn't attack back getting disarmed and dismembered by his opponent. Kicks against people that had their shields up would also get stunned just long enough for them to get hit once, which wasn't the case against people without a shield. Kicks in Mordhau could be used more offensively than kicks in warband.

In For Honor, there's guard breaking and bashing to make extreme defensive play more difficult. The defensive player has the options to counter the guard break, and dodge out of the way of bashes, but pulling it off is a lot harder than just holding RMB.

In Warband, if you were just constantly holding down your block, you just opened yourself up to getting spammed down and having your shield break really fast. Kicks were also actually useful, but those were more for punishing face huggers rather than turtles.

In this game there's literally nothing to punish a turtle, other than them having their S key movement speed slowed, and making it easier for them to get surrounded by your teammates. Requiring the help of your teammates just to take down one very defensive player that is just holding down RMB with a shield and S keying is very unsatisfying and boring gameplay.

Last edited:
i'm just saying there's plenty of methods for breaking up shields of noobs who are turtling, you are just not using the game to its full potential. infantry is quite useless in bannerlord at the moment so just pick cavalry. if you pick archer you have an infantry that has more utility than normal infantry choices, you can force people to move towards you and you usually spawn with really great armor & shield
picking archer and cavalry is not an answer... what if I am not playing those? What if I am cav who got his horse down and has a 1 hander?

The real answer is that there's really nothing you can do about it as an infantry. Kicks and shield bashes don't really do anything to people constantly holding down their block, and shields have a ridiculous amount of HP. It's one of the reasons why I can't stand playing infantry in this game. You don't have the ability to really do anything against a turtle on your own. The combat is very unsatisfying.

In Mordhau, people that just block lose stamina faster than the people attacking them, eventually leading to a defensive player that doesn't attack back getting disarmed and dismembered by his opponent. Kicks against people that had their shields up would also get stunned just long enough for them to get hit once, which wasn't the case against people without a shield. Kicks in Mordhau could be used more offensively than kicks in warband.

In For Honor, there's guard breaking and bashing to make extreme defensive play more difficult. The defensive player has the options to counter the guard break, and dodge out of the way of bashes, but pulling it off is a lot harder than just holding RMB.

In Warband, if you were just constantly holding down your block, you just opened yourself up to getting spammed down and having your shield break really fast. Kicks were also actually useful, but those were more for punishing face huggers rather than turtles.

In this game there's literally nothing to punish a turtle, other than them having their S key movement speed slowed, and making it easier for them to get surrounded by your teammates. Requiring the help of your teammates just to take down one very defensive player that is just holding down RMB with a shield and S keying is very unsatisfying and boring gameplay.
agree. its really unsatisfying and stupid that some noob can just hold RMB and never die... lol.

Back
Top Bottom