I'm afraid to give people advice at this point.

Users who are viewing this thread

I seriously feel at this point that if any sort of tip or strategy becomes popular, it gets nerfed into the ground, even if it was only marginally more effective than other methods.

I'm at the point where I don't even want to talk about my preferred playstyles or effective strategies because I'm afraid one of the Devs is going to get wind of it and decide that I'm having too much fun.

I have no opinion whatsoever on horse archers. *Sweats*

But seriously, spent over an hour the other day writing up a guide on getting the most out of your workshops and caravans after days of tweaking and learning, just to have the patch drop that nerfed both of them literally five minutes later.

It's ****ing aggravating, especially with so much stuff in the game still being actually broken.

Don't tell anyone how much fun a horse archer only army is.
Okay So I just buy as many horses as possible, and then recruit as many archers as possible (They wouldn’t desert...not with that many donkeys.) So then my army speed is 8.0 and the game is unable to process this and then gives my archer units 8x speed in combat and you just have them skirmish the whole time? thats my take-away from this.

well its broken atm, but i think partly it seems that strong bc so many recruits without shields are running around, and that a portion of bow dmg is always blunt damage so armor is ineffective against it. the only REALLY broken units are khans guard and fian champions with their 280 bow skill, other elite units cant really compare. though i think khans guard are even a good portion better than fian champions, when they are out of ammo they still demolish things with their 2h glaive.

And well, its early access. things will change and when some strategy or playstyle clearly has the advantage over another, it should be brought to the devs attention so they can make the decision if its intended or not

Okay So I just buy as many horses as possible, and then recruit as many archers as possible (They wouldn’t desert...not with that many donkeys.) So then my army speed is 8.0 and the game is unable to process this and then gives my archer units 8x speed in combat and you just have them skirmish the whole time? thats my take-away from this.

No, no, no, the archers are actually horses. You get the ability to give them bows when you marry Glitrerhoof and start having children with Horse culture.

Lords running around with 90 peasants in their army constantly is one of the things that I think they could be focusing on instead of wasting time (and breaking the game) trying to tweak caravans and pottery.

The more I think about it, the more of a perfect analogy that is really. Lord are running around with 90+ peasants in their armies, which they shouldn't be. Those peasants get slaughtered by horse archers, so what do we do? Nerf horse archers, of course!

Then when they finally get around to fixing the real problem way down the road they either have to re-balance the horse archers or just leave max-tiered horse archers balanced against full peasant armies so nobody ever uses them again.

I feel like just fixing the recruits-only armies of lords and making foot ranged units aim at the horses more so the mounted archers fall off seems to me like it would be enough of a ''nerf''.

That would actually be so much fun. My most exciting moments are when I'm behind the enemy lines and my horse is downed and I have to carefully fight my way through to my line. Blessed athletics skill.

That is another issue, Archer AI. Whever there's cav even remotely near them they spend twice as much time repositioning as they do actually shooting.

Yet another example of the AI not being smart enough to use its tools properly.

I have no opinion whatsoever on horse archers. *Sweats*

But seriously, spent over an hour the other day writing up a guide on getting the most out of your workshops and caravans after days of tweaking and learning, just to have the patch drop that nerfed both of them literally five minutes later.

It's ****ing aggravating, especially with so much stuff in the game still being actually broken.
I wouldnt bother spending a long time trying to learn and maximize a game system at the earliest stage of early access, especially a system that is only partly imolemented (workshops).
You are setting yourself up for unneccessary anger and disappointment.

I wouldnt bother spending a long time trying to learn and maximize a game system at the earliest stage of early access, especially a system that is only partly imolemented (workshops).
You are setting yourself up for unneccessary anger and disappointment.

By that logic, we would all stop playing

At this point, I'm expecting TW to nerf archers into the ground simply because everyone is *****ing about them, when in reality, the problem with archers over-performing is that every other unit type isn't doing their job properly. Cavalry charges have little to no impact on an enemy formation and infantry is a complete joke, especially when it comes to fighting in formation and using their shields.

At this point, I'm expecting TW to nerf archers into the ground simply because everyone is *****ing about them, when in reality, the problem with archers over-performing is that every other unit type isn't doing their job properly. Cavalry charges have little to no impact on an enemy formation and infantry is a complete joke, especially when it comes to fighting in formation and using their shields.

I agree with nazi dog whistle avatar man. Archers aren't broken, everything else is.

I seriously feel at this point that if any sort of tip or strategy becomes popular, it gets nerfed into the ground, even if it was only marginally more effective than other methods.

I'm at the point where I don't even want to talk about my preferred playstyles or effective strategies because I'm afraid one of the Devs is going to get wind of it and decide that I'm having too much fun.

Too true! TaleWorlds seem to have their priorities all wrong at the moment, which is very worrying given how much work the game still needs. ?

Back
Top Bottom