[e1.2.0] So, the game seems to be completely broken at the moment

Users who are viewing this thread

Lesbosisles

Knight at Arms
So, the last beta branch seems to broke the game completely:

1. Economy: broken due to unstoppable nerf-spree, mad prices on armour and weapon, bankrupt cities, useless and very vulnerable caravans.
2. AI: completely broken, unable to defend a settlement, unable to gather armies and just wandering around like the bee-swarm, afraid to get close to the player's party, unable to understand that if there are 200 recruits in Lord's party, they won't win the fight against 100 men of tier 4-5.
3. Quests: people report they are still bugged and there very few of them (If you live in the village, you've got nothing else to do except for killing men from other villages, losing daughters and deliver herds etc.)
4. Perks: the majority of them do not work (players made a big list of broken perks, which were broken since the very start of the game).
5. Diplomacy: broken, Factions declare wars and make peace treaties endlessly, making the whole situation look absurd: declaring war today, declaring peace the next day just to declare war again in the second half of the same day.
6. Relation system: it is almost impossible to gain a high relation with the lords except for voting for policies and fiefs. But there are so many ways to make Lords and Nobles go mad that I almost always end up with -100 relation with almost every clan in Calradia. Like, why the hell if I execute the Lord of another faction, ALL Calradia starts hate me like I've finished the local Guardian Angel? And if you decide to imprison Lords instead of executing them, they will escape in the next 3 days and respawn with the ready-to-go army, raiding your villages and annoying you over and over again.

Yes, this is an Early Access and I can always revert to the previous version, but that's not what really bothers me. What troubles me the most is that the devs do not pay attention to the problems which should be quite easy to fix (like broken perks or NPC stacks in the city center), making some senseless nerfs over and over again instead. Moreover, often they create new problems (like broken economy in the latest Beta-branch) and the list of unsolved problems gets fatter and fatter.

So, dear Taleworlds, please, listen to your community, you've done enough economy nerfs (even more than enough), and pay your attention to the problems which really brake the game! Fingers crossed, we'll see a hotfix for broken economy in Beta-branch. Otherwise, the game is just really unplayable in the current state.

But on the other hand, some of the bandits have reverted into their true 8 month old form.

Bandit babies should be made a thing permanent like.

What troubles me the most is that the devs do not pay attention to the problems which should be quite easy to fix (like broken perks or NPC stacks in the city center), making some senseless nerfs over and over again instead.

And you know that they are quit easy to fix how?

Moreover, often they create new problems (like broken economy in the latest Beta-branch) and the list of unsolved problems gets fatter and fatter.

That's perfectly normal for this stage, you fix or change one thing, and it will unbalance or break another. This is complex game and one thing influence other. Some new problems will reveal themselves only by playing the game.

Devs are releasing updates every week, it's not like they are sitting and breaking things on purpose. So stop ranting and if you find a problem or bug, report it or discuss it in normal matter. That's the only way you can help fix things.

Devs are releasing updates DAILY. And yes, it's early access. And we are seeing features being added all the time, tweaks being made all around, so expect broken and unbalanced things. Tomorrow, LITERALLY, will be different. We need to tone our grievances accordingly, i think.

And you know that they are quit easy to fix how?
The fact that modders have already fixed a lot of them. xD

Edit: Lesbosisles was not "ranting." They were giving their 2 cents. The point in us playing the EA is to test it out and give our opinion on the development updates. Isn't that the case?

Modders fixing something doesn't mean it's easy to fix to begin with, modders are often talented people with knowledge of programming related skills. And modders often break things by making what they consider as "fixes", because they may not understand the relations and mechanics of the game.

Edit: Lesbosisles was not "ranting." They were giving their 2 cents. The point in us playing the EA is to test it out and give our opinion on the development updates. Isn't that the case?

He very much sounded like ranting -especially the last part.

Devs are releasing updates DAILY. And yes, it's early access. And we are seeing features being added all the time, tweaks being made all around, so expect broken and unbalanced things. Tomorrow, LITERALLY, will be different. We need to tone our grievances accordingly, i think.
Daily? then how come they launched Beta 1.1 like 5 days ago, and are just now on 1.2?

To the OP @Lesbosisles , yes they seem to be roadblocking everything we want to do, limiting play styles and choices we consumers really want. And in their process to nerf things we actually liked about the game, they are just causing more headaches for themselves and us players.

If history has taught anyone anything in the video game realm, when you start nerfing, you start losing profits... And people stop playing... And multiplayers servers can't afford to run anymore... And the game enters the dreaded graveyard... And only a wiki post remains...

We don't want limited #of businesses, we don't want limited #of caravans, and we sure as hell don't want to be forced to make or break a Kingdom in a timed sequence.

WE WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT WE DO

Last edited:
1. Economy wasn't really an issue anyway. Caravan stuff is kinda strange, they couldn't keep it the way it was, because it was just free money, but at the same time now it's useless, will probably change in the future. Cities got fixed soon after the update. Armor and weapons were always affordable, as long as you fight other armies and sell the loot etc. Like I have about 1 mil~ gold, and can't really spend it. You don't even need shops or caravans if you keep fighting.

2. They can defend, at least from my experience. I try to siege a city - an army of 1000 comes to counter the siege. After I take a something over - they tend to relentlessly counter attack. The bee swarm thing might not take into account their quality being higher, but they do take into account your quality being higher. Will probably get fixed.

3. EA - quests missing etc. Not that important past early/mid game anyway.

4. EA - they said perks might not work. Some of the interesting perks do work though, like disciplinarian, and there are mods fixing some perks, so there is that. Gota wait.

6. Relationships need work, but at the same time you say - " it is almost impossible to gain a high relation with the lords except for voting for policies and fiefs ". You gain so much positive relationship if you throw a big pile of influence at their votes, that it's almost guarantee you will have 100~ with everyone involved, because the negative loss is much smaller.

I just have to disagree with your conclusion - yes they didn't fix some obvious things, a lot of those fixed by modders in hours, but at the same time they have patched like a 100 crashes by now lol, bunch of fixes to sieges etc, so the priorities are different, the caravans and pottery are not that important.

4. EA - they said perks might not work. Some of the interesting perks do work though, like disciplinarian, and there are mods fixing some perks, so there is that. Gota wait.

I wouldn't consider this interesting when in warband there wasn't even a requirement for a skill to revert bandits into their respective nation's troop tree. But basic extra arrows via horseback or on foot doesn't work now thats tragic.

shouldn't you post that in the beta thread or something? You know, why they have a beta?

The timeline also will not be based on your desires, but also on what you can do in the shortest amount of time with the biggest impact while breaking your brains about the difficult problems you do not have remedies for. And maybe your priorization is not the end all of all priorization because you do not have the full picture.

What troubles me the most is that the devs do not pay attention to the problems which should be quite easy to fix
Modders fixing something doesn't mean it's easy to fix to begin with, modders are often talented people with knowledge of programming related skills. And modders often break things by making what they consider as "fixes", because they may not understand the relations and mechanics of the game.

If you've taken a look at the code for the game (to make a mod), its an absolute mess. There's classes all over the place, and bits of code here, there and everywhere... just for one area that needs to be looked at. Honestly, it's like someone shoved a grenade in a tin of alphabetti-spaghetti and said "we'll just code where the letters land".

I'm not even a good modder.
I just understand coding, and honestly, I find it overwhelmingly difficult to decipher what in the **** they're doing half of the time, or why they've got functions associated with one thing, attached to the class of a completely unrelated thing.

1. Agree with this. The nerfs to businesses mainly hurt early/mid-game income, which really just delays how long it takes to get to late-game. It's not going to change gold stacking up late-game because there's nothing to spend it on.
2. Haven't played enough on the new patch to test this out. I do agree that campaign AI needs some work. I dislike how the main targeting mechanism for sieges is "hey guys that settlement has the smallest garrison let's go there" with no thought given to whether it's even worth taking a castle super far away from friendly lands and then losing it right after.
3. Yeah I haven't really found myself doing quests, since there's not a whole lot of variety. Hopefully this is something that improves in the long-term as EA progresses.
4. Basically relying on mods that fix these currently lol. The Community Patch fixes over a dozen broken perks.
5. War/peace seems to be pretty random at this point, with no underlying reasoning behind it.
6. Hopefully this is addressed as they add more quests and such to facilitate improving relations. Relation loss from executing lords appears to apply to both clan members and friends of the executed lord, and more often that not, some enemy lords have friends among the ranks of my own faction (especially with clans switching factions as often as they do).

I wouldn't consider this interesting when in warband there wasn't even a requirement for a skill to revert bandits into their respective nation's troop tree. But basic extra arrows via horseback or on foot doesn't work now thats tragic.

Warband didn't have noble line.

If you've taken a look at the code for the game (to make a mod), its an absolute mess. There's classes all over the place, and bits of code here, there and everywhere... just for one area that needs to be looked at. Honestly, it's like someone shoved a grenade in a tin of alphabetti-spaghetti and said "we'll just code where the letters land".

I'm not even a good modder.
I just understand coding, and honestly, I find it overwhelmingly difficult to decipher what in the **** they're doing half of the time, or why they've got functions associated with one thing, attached to the class of a completely unrelated thing.

I did not see large game like this which code did not look like absolute mess. I have experience in codding too.

Warband didn't have noble line.
My quote didnt have anything to do with the noble line rather the the disciplinarian trait which allows you to train bandits into their respective faction troop tree is nothing special when that happened in warband without unlocking a trait.

And noble troops arent that crazy of a thing when in warband you might as well consider the top tier unit of each troop tree line a noble, AKA Swadian Knight or a Huscarl.

My quote didnt have anything to do with the noble line rather the the disciplinarian trait which allows you to train bandits into their respective faction troop tree is nothing special when that happened in warband without unlocking a trait.

And noble troops arent that crazy of a thing when in warband you might as well consider the top tier unit of each troop tree line a noble, AKA Swadian Knight or a Huscarl.

Yes but the mechanics are different. Full noble army would steamroll any non nobles, and nobles are much more difficult to get.

Yes but the mechanics are different. Full noble army would steamroll any non nobles, and nobles are much more difficult to get.
Sure but at least you can still get them via recruit/prisoners compared to other passives and traits just being flat out broke. I'm not saying nobles are piles of dung but at least we have access to them.

I think part of the issue is that the game is missing so many features and so many obvious things are broken or not working as intended, that it has people scratching their head over why they are even remotely focused on balance at this point.

For example:

1. 80% of the traits don't work or are broken in some way. (need to be added)
2. Influence is out of wack due to lack of influence sinks. (Content)
3. Income is out of wack due to lack of money sinks. (Content)
4. Conquest AI is broken as hell with random, no reason wars and peace being declared constantly (AI needs fixed)
5. Prison system not working (Easy Fix to make it harder for lords to escape)
6. Kingdom Making is not fully implemented yet.
7. Relationship Issues when trying to make a kingdom.
8. etc.

Basically get the core features in the game and get everything working....THEN....worry about balancing income. I mean right now, it doesn't hurt one bit for you to have way too much income or influence because having to much just means that it isn't a bottleneck to a persons ability to have fun. Fixing this can wait until AFTER everything else is in game. Also without everything else being in game, how the hell do you balance something in the first place? I mean if they add in money sinks where upgrading the walls to your castle cost 500k Denars, then a lord having a spare 500k Denars isn't an issue right?

So what most people are saying is complete the game, add all the intended features and then balance.

Daily? then how come they launched Beta 1.1 like 5 days ago, and are just now on 1.2?

To the OP @Lesbosisles , yes they seem to be roadblocking everything we want to do, limiting play styles and choices we consumers really want. And in their process to nerf things we actually liked about the game, they are just causing more headaches for themselves and us players.

If history has taught anyone anything in the video game realm, when you start nerfing, you start losing profits... And people stop playing... And multiplayers servers can't afford to run anymore... And the game enters the dreaded graveyard... And only a wiki post remains...

We don't want limited #of businesses, we don't want limited #of caravans, and we sure as hell don't want to be forced to make or break a Kingdom in a timed sequence.

WE WANT TO CHOOSE WHAT WE DO
Chill they’re doing this all in their homes, so testing in house isn’t really feasible at the moment. Back and forth on progress is to be expected. They’re also working on three different update branches at the same time. You saw the warning that playing the beta would likely hinder your experience.

Wow, maybe it's because I never played the original Mount and Blade much. Maybe it is because I bought this game knowing it is Early Access, but I see a lot of complaints here that seem a little unreasonable. Me, I'm having fun. I played about 20 hours to get an understanding, then I eliminated all my saves. Started over in a sandbox mode, forget the talk to the noble quests, the Character I'm playing would not want to attract their attention. I'm an itinerant smith. I wander the land killing looters with my body guards. I take the weapons I loot from them and smelt them down. Becoming a better smith. I'm having fun. I'm testing the game from a somewhat different stand point - the individual who cares nothing about the Nobles, or Wars... except as they interfere with his lively hood. Nobles taking over a battle against looters and taking most of the loot. Seiges on a city that has a good price on hardwood for charcoal. To me it is interesting, and the game is letting me do it. As far as the problems I mentioned - life in the world he lives in, he'll get past it. Just thought I'd add that someone new to the game is having fun with it while you are all arguing about code and how you are disappointed with it. Maybe you should just chill out and rediscover the game. My opinion.

Back
Top Bottom