I like the new more realistic economy

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, finally towns are not filthy rich with money to buy whatever they wish. Instead, you actually have to, as a trader, think where to buy and where to sell.

True, the fact that businesses actually need the raw materials within trade to function, and the prosperity of a town governs how much said business will make in profits is glorious... Beautiful coding, and a way to bring realism to this game which it sorely needed....

However...

Being limited in how many businesses you can buy, or having to use a Companion to create a Caravan, is pure garbage...

We want the options to choose our playthrough style, and we also want each new playthrough to be different than last;
-What if you just want to be a MERCHANT, gaining power through currency and buying control of everything?
-What if you want to be a KILLMONGER, gaining power through beheading every noble and seizing their property?
-What if you want to be a GOOD KING, wise and just, silver tongue wins all hearts and people want to follow you?
-What if you want to be a BAD KING, vassal within a faction and cause a civil war and behead the remaining nobles?
-What if you want to just ROLL WITH THE TIDE, either as a mercenary, or a vassal and help a faction to victory?

^you can't choose any of this, you're literally stuck having to constantly fight lords to gain money, and behead them to accomplish the smallest sense of peace :sad:

True, the fact that businesses actually need the raw materials within trade to function, and the prosperity of a town governs how much said business will make in profits is glorious... Beautiful coding, and a way to bring realism to this game which it sorely needed....

However...

Being limited in how many businesses you can buy, or having to use a Companion to create a Caravan, is pure garbage...

We want the options to choose our playthrough style, and we also want each new playthrough to be different than last;
-What if you just want to be a MERCHANT, gaining power through currency and buying control of everything?
-What if you want to be a KILLMONGER, gaining power through beheading every noble and seizing their property?
-What if you want to be a GOOD KING, wise and just, silver tongue wins all hearts and people want to follow you?
-What if you want to be a BAD KING, vassal within a faction and cause a civil war and behead the remaining nobles?
-What if you want to just ROLL WITH THE TIDE, either as a mercenary, or a vassal and help a faction to victory?

^you can't choose any of this, you're literally stuck having to constantly fight lords to gain money, and behead them to accomplish the smallest sense of peace :sad:
I agree with you. I feel like these changes are taking possibilities away from us in favour of reinforcing one particular playstyle

Dafuq? Dude you can't even sell most of the stuff you get. I don't like being a trader, let me sell the loot and move on.

This is clearly not a feature but a bug. It's ok if towns are not filthy rich, but they shouldn't go broke in 20 mins.

I always play a trader at the beginning of the game to earn money and found always it FAR too easy to make mad cash since towns had like 1000000 denars at their disposal all the time. Now I feel like I actually have to plan routes instead of just aimlesly run around.

However...

I strongly agree that a companion shouldn't be necessary to start or maintain a caravan. Having a companion lead a caravan should be optional (to boost the caravan's profitability through their skills, both trading skills for higher income and combat skills for higher defense) just like having a companion govern a city is optional.

-1 as well here.
They're putting way too much emphasis on "make player have less money" with the recent patches to the detriment of gameplay. From my perspective, the main issue was gold piling up lategame due to a lack of availability of anything to spend it on. The nerfs to player income mainly serve to hurt the player's coffers in the early-mid game, which weren't overly abundant in the first place.

AND, now everytime I find something being sold really cheap I'm like YESSSS, while knowing that it's not every town I can sell it to with huge profits.

This is simply much much better immersion for me.

-1 as well here.
They're putting way too much emphasis on "make player have less money" with the recent patches to the detriment of gameplay. From my perspective, the main issue was gold piling up lategame due to a lack of availability of anything to spend it on. The nerfs to player income mainly serve to hurt the player's coffers in the early-mid game, which weren't overly abundant in the first place.

I agree. The pile up of money occurred because there was nothing to spend money on in the late game, not because passive income was making us too rich. In my game, most of my excess denars did not even come from passive sources, because those passive sources could not even cover the cost of my passive expenses like garrisons and armies! I became rich by defeating enemy lords.

In my opinion, passive income actually needs a buff. At the bare minimum, passive income should be enough to cover passive expenses like small garrisons and armies. The income we get from battles should be what we use to upgrade castles and personal equipment. The real problem is there is nothing to spend denars on in the very late game. They need to provide us with something to spend money on, not nerf passive money making.

I read a suggestion yesterday that the cost of upgrading troops to the next tier should be higher, as you're essentially buying their equipment. That would be a huge money sink if done correctly.

Whichall mean by "Rich"? I find money comes too easy - i had 130K, got caught by enemy lord ransomed my 130k to get released and never had to worry about money as it all seems to come back so fast. You get so many prisoners, loot, taxes etc it just feels too easy. Unless of course yall talking bout a bigger purse...

Edit: I do have the own land mod so maybe thats helping

(...) Being limited in how many businesses you can buy, or having to use a Companion to create a Caravan, is pure garbage...
We want the options to choose our playthrough style, and we also want each new playthrough to be different than last; (...)
Well said. Merchant is a good example, Bannerlord's initial system would make it possible to let others do the dirty work. Thought of doing such a playthrough some day when I first played the game and realised how trade is a thing now. Also a BANDIT style of play would be nice.

Op, and others supporting this change, it does not work. As an example, I see a town that needs cotton, and caravans are not getting through. I go there with cotton, but they cannot buy it because the town has 4 gold. There is nothing I want to buy because equipment prices fall into two categories, cheap (I already have these items) and dear god that is expensive (I don't have those, and am not buying).

To provide different, quality options of playstyle is in the spirit of Mount & Blade.

The problem is, right now some of those playstyles are in conflict. For example, in order to make a good merchant simulator, you have to make it more difficult for people to get denars, so as to give being a merchant value. However, that conflicts with what I want to do as a simple mercenary or warlord that does not want to bother with being a merchant, because those "merchant mechanics" only make life more difficult for me.

The really simple solution is to give players more options to customize our games. The game gives us numerous choices when we start a new campaign. For combat, we can set how much damage we receive. On easy settings we take one third damage, on realistic settings we take full damage. For travel, we can choose between having a 10% movement speed bonus or not. We can even choose whether our companions can be permanently killed or not. However, for some reason, there are no choices when it comes to the economy.

Imagine if there was a choice between "realistic" economic settings and "easy" economic settings. That would make both of us happy.

Ah yes, having items that are impossible to sell for full value since no single entity in the game carries enough money to purchase it except maybe faction leaders. This didn't make trading better.

The playstyles aren't in that much conflict. This is as bad for those of us who like to trade versus those of us who just fight.

Op, and others supporting this change, it does not work. As an example, I see a town that needs cotton, and caravans are not getting through. I go there with cotton, but they cannot buy it because the town has 4 gold. There is nothing I want to buy because equipment prices fall into two categories, cheap (I already have these items) and dear god that is expensive (I don't have those, and am not buying).
You do realize that Prosperity, and current events affect a towns gold? right?

So if it's war time, and the towns prosperity is low, and villages are burning, the economy is in depression. Let alone the fact that other lords actually go into the towns, buy recruits, sell loot and prisoners the same as you do. So if the town has 4 gold left, there is a reason why :smile:

Back
Top Bottom