forced not to kill generals

add a check box to disable losing relation with everyone when executing other lords

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Users who are viewing this thread

Yes, it's really stupid and was better when there was no relations penalty.

You should only lose relations with the clan of the person you killed, and their personal friends. No one else would really care all that much. Even within their own faction, they have enemies who benefit from their demise.
yeah its a war game lol ah u destoyed my village and ruined my faction and killed many of my man dont worry were cool i will imprison u then u escape easy or let ur family pay a small small fee of 1k tho killing u will make my own people whom ur killing angry :grin:

Devs made a stupud desision - endless lords respawns
Players found the way to avoid it
What devs are doing? May be they are fisxng endless lords army spawn? Nope, they are closing the way to avoid it.

what is the exploit in it tho there is consequences to use this option but they made it affect the game way to much i agree they should balance the options in the game but this is not really a balance just i dare u to execute them anymore maybe let the faction of a lord u executed send assassins or mercinary's to attack u that would make us execute less lords fearing retaliation but decreasing my faction's relation is annoying

The exploit was that you could just destroy whole factions without taking their cities and castles by executing lords and suffer little consequences.

I killed almost all of the Lake Rats members and now I am being called deceitful and half of the nobles hate me. WTF, they are just a bunch of criminals, who the hell cares about them.

The exploit was that you could just destroy whole factions without taking their cities and castles by executing lords and suffer little consequences.
Then make lords either harder to defeat or add different forms of retaliation for executing them, not something annoying like this. The campaign AI needs some tweaking I think. I started executing lords because I got tired of them constantly trying to raid my villages with weak parties. Maybe if you defeat a certain amount of enemy parties in a given time you could build sort of a temporary reputation that would discourage small parties to try to raid your villages (you know because up to that point everyone failed and got destroyed) so you get some peace for a while... Or the enemy decides they had enough of you and gathers a big army to defeat you. There are so many options it's mind boggling they go for the worst, most annoying one which makes the least sense.

Also the assassins idea is nice. You could get ambushed by assassins in villages or cities when going to trade/recruit/visit the tavern, etc. much like bandit ambushes in warband. The more enemies you make the more they'd try to kill you. Hell even let the player somehow get to the option of sending assassins or even try to do it yourself (probably very risky).

Whatever, it seems they fix one thing and break two others, it's frustrating. I mean the latest patch leaves cities without any gold. It takes 20 minutes to see that in game. Do they not test their patches before release for even an hour that things like this happen?

The game looks so nice and has so much potential that it's infurating when these kind of things happen.

Then make lords either harder to defeat or add different forms of retaliation for executing them, not something annoying like this.

It have to be something annoying, if you want to prevent players from abusing it.

The campaign AI needs some tweaking I think.

That I agree with that. But letting player executing whole Calradia without consequences is not the way to do it.

It have to be something annoying, if you want to prevent players from abusing it.

What kind of a twisted mindset is this. The game is supposed to be enjoyable not annoying. That's the reason people are executing in the first place, because the game in it's current state is so annoying since you can't keep anyone prisoner.[/QUOTE]

Execution shouldn't be neccessary to win the game, or an easy way to achieve victory. I like the idea of having the option to finally get rid of someone I learned to hate over time. But mass execution as an easy way to become ruler of all Calradia? Hell, no! An option to tweak this, if executing is your preferred style to play the game, why not.
But if the problem is just the point that it has ruined "your actual playthrough", well... that's EA, you should live with it. I personally want to keep playing my playthrough and hold my breath with every patch, but the day when I'll have to restart will come and I'll learn to live with it.

What kind of a twisted mindset is this. The game is supposed to be enjoyable not annoying. That's the reason people are executing in the first place, because the game in it's current state is so annoying since you can't keep anyone prisoner.

Game is in Early Access, so annoying by definition. Letting player execute lords without consequences to win wars is not solution to prisoner problem. It's just letting player go around broken mechanic by breaking it even more.

That I agree with that. But letting player executing whole Calradia without consequences is not the way to do it.
Sure, but as I said, you can make the player suffer different types of retaliation. Having your own allies madly pissed at you for executing common enemies doesn't make logical sense.

The big thing is I have never seen a Lord die in battle. We would not execute the lords, if this was possible; however right now your options are:
1. Let the lord go -> He raises a new army and attacks you
2. Imprison the lord -> He escapes after 2 days -> He raises a new army and attacks you
3. Execute the lord -> He Dead -> no new armies to attack you

Executing is the only viable option to stop a faction. This can be fixed by allowing you to barter with the defeated lord and make you will not attack me or my holdings for a year as an option of his release. They can also enable the ability to kill a Lord in battle. Both were historical accurate to this time period and make sense.

yer its terrible haha im negative -100 relation with pretty much everyone its either execute lords or farm there endless recruit armies while in a long siege :sad:

The big thing is I have never seen a Lord die in battle. We would not execute the lords, if this was possible; however right now your options are:
2. Imprison the lord -> He escapes after 2 days -> He raises a new army and attacks you

Executing is the only viable option to stop a faction. This can be fixed by allowing you to barter with the defeated lord and make you will not attack me or my holdings for a year as an option of his release. They can also enable the ability to kill a Lord in battle. Both were historical accurate to this time period and make sense.
I agree. I would personally like to be able to keep them captive for more significant periods of time and having multiple ransom negotiations with their families/friends.

Still, there are other ways to stop the annoyance of lords attacking your village every single day. Be it patrols, the temporary reputation idea I posted earlier, AI being less aggressive in general, etc.

100% agree maybe not a year but a month but that would 100% make it more playable

lords escaping in 2 days is a know issue, just read the dev post about it. They still need to implement the prison and ransom system for nobles. So the game is cheating and letting nobles go.

its not the WAI. Its just the WIP status for now.

So you complain that devs have removed what was basically an exploit from the game?
What are you even talking about? It's what they had in Warband... So why did it change? no idea...

Holding Lords as prisoners until Peace is declared, is a viable, respectable and reasonable option... Not only in real life, but also a way for this game to accept some sort of common sense within diplomacy...

No one in there right mind is going to ransom off someone who wants to kill them for pennies on the dollar... So the fact you are forced to do so... is pure GARBAGE

Sure, but as I said, you can make the player suffer different types of retaliation. Having your own allies madly pissed at you for executing common enemies doesn't make logical sense.

Game is in Early Access, we agreed to be a guinea pigs and even payed for the privilege. We found an exploit, devs have fixed it. That's what they are supposed to do. Instead of demanding exploit back, players should demand instant prisoner escape to be fixed as well.

Execution is still in the game if you want to use it. It will just not allow you to cheat your way through the game by doing so.

What are you even talking about? It's what they had in Warband... So why did it change? no idea...

Execution did not exist in the Warband.

lords escaping in 2 days is a know issue, just read the dev post about it. They still need to implement the prison and ransom system for nobles. So the game is cheating and letting nobles go.

its not the WAI. Its just the WIP status for now.
Yeah, but why add that stupid -10 penalty with honorable lords of your own faction when executing a mercenary/criminal gang leader? That was uncalled for.

Game is in Early Access, we agreed to be a guinea pigs and even payed for the privilege. We found an exploit, devs have fixed it. That's what they are supposed to do. Instead of demanding exploit back, players should demand instant prisoner escape to be fixed as well.

Execution is still in the game if you want to use it. It will just not allow you to cheat your way through the game by doing so.

how is it an expliot and why does my whole faction despise me for executing some random mercenary leader who raided my villages over and over

Back
Top Bottom