Stop nerfing things.

Users who are viewing this thread

This is the exact reason why this game is a mess right now in terms of balance. Warband didn't need caps on anything, the economy functioned well and nobody ever had a million denars. The early game is not the issue right now, the massive amount people make after attaining a fief.
uh i did. 1.5 million by the end. it was easy once you got a town, actually, they were very profitable.

Right now you can have all the money in the world but nothing to spend it on.

You can't be 9 places at once, you can't give money to your Party members and tell them to hire a ton of troops. Until they add better Diplomacy options and better ways to delegate commands to your Vassals and Party Members, letting the player have a ton of money doesn't throw off the balance of the game, but the balance shouldn't even be a priority right now. Make everything actually work first.

I get that different people work on different things, but the things that are broken right now could be fixed by the same people that are wasting time nerfing ways to make money. Like hey, since you're editing numbers, how about fixing prosperity so it doesn't negatively effect Food production? Because that makes zero sense as does towns instantly running out of food the second they're seiged.

Most of my experience is with mods. Never once did I have so much money I had nothing to buy.
some mods were quite differently balanced economy wise. pendor, i didn't like very much as far as economy went, because everything was expensive but you still got base game incomes. perisno had a flawless economy and you could make millions and spend millions. its where I could see bannerlord going, but now its make dimes, spend millions.

The funniest thing is that it almost looks like a meme made by an internet anarcho-capitalist: Company decides to control free market (because people were getting too rich) and breaks the economy
If a single entity controls the 'free market,' it's not free.

To buy an early access product (public beta) and then complain about changes is a little bit ironic. Giving constructive feedback? For sure, but the amount of entitled dummy-spitting on this thread and others is quite amusing.

Almost as entertaining is people saying they'll need to mod things that aren't finished/implemented yet. It's Early Access. If you wanted the finished product then you should have waited until release.

To buy an early access product (public beta) and then complain about changes is a little bit ironic. Giving constructive feedback? For sure, but the amount of entitled dummy-spitting on this thread and others is quite amusing.

Almost as entertaining is people saying they'll need to mod things that aren't finished/implemented yet. It's Early Access. If you wanted the finished product then you should have waited until release.
yea sure thing bro, i'll just keep quiet next time the devs make a huge mistake and let you enjoy grinding looters forever as the AI slowly gets dumber. its hilarious when you bring up the fact modders, who work for free, are doing better at completing the game then the people i paid to do it, actually.

yea sure thing bro, i'll just keep quiet next time the devs make a huge mistake and let you enjoy grinding looters forever as the AI slowly gets dumber. its hilarious when you bring up the fact modders, who work for free, are doing better at completing the game then the people i paid to do it, actually.

But 'bro', when the game is not even close to complete, you know, the whole 'Early Access' thing, isn't it a little arrogant to assume that you know better than the devs at this point? In EA I fully expect some tweaks to be made that negatively affect gameplay as TW tune the software. Hopefully they'll do more positive ones too :smile:

If the problems are still there at general release then absolutely mod away.

They introduced a whole system of a beta branch of patches to avoid a situation where an untested patch breaks the game and angers people... And then they release an untested patch that breaks the game and angers people anyway. So what it's early access? Early access does not mean the devs get to do a blatantly shoddy work and not get any criticism for it.
I praise them for releasing so many patches so quickly, and fixing so many issues the game has, but this one move just put a huge dent in the respect I had for them that they worked for these past two weeks.

But 'bro', when the game is not even close to complete, you know, the whole 'Early Access' thing, isn't it a little arrogant to assume that you know better than the devs at this point? In EA I fully expect some tweaks to be made that negatively affect gameplay as TW tune the software. Hopefully they'll do more positive ones too :smile:

If the problems are still there at general release then absolutely mod away.
Thankfully for Taleworlds, random community members aren't actual customer service representatives, because it amuses me when your answer to criticism is "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT IT, DONT COMPLAIN, DO YOU KNOW BETTER THAN DEVS?!" Its so arrogant in it of itself to even bring this up, or say "you shouldn't have bought it."

but this one move just put a huge dent in the respect I had for them that they worked for these past two weeks.

Huge dent for a small mistake?
A LOT of respect for their past work, but one small mistake ruins it?

Sounds to me like you don't have a lot of respect for them, or understanding of the fact that people make mistakes.

Also, this is early access.

Huge dent for a small mistake?
A LOT of respect for their past work, but one small mistake ruins it?

Sounds to me like you don't have a lot of respect for them, or understanding of the fact that people make mistakes.

Also, this is early access.
That's not a small mistake in my book. The problem I have is not even the mistake itself, it's the fact that it bypassed the beta branch, making the whole idea and system effectively completely moot. Why bother with beta branches when you introduce broken changes to the live version anyway?
Also, you misrepresent what I said. "huge dent" is just that, a dent. It's not "ruins it".

That's not a small mistake in my book. The problem I have is not even the mistake itself, it's the fact that it bypassed the beta branch, making the whole idea and system effectively completely moot. Why bother with beta branches when you introduce broken changes to the live version anyway?
Also, you misrepresent what I said. "huge dent" is just that, a dent. It's not "ruins it".
Here's another bit of encouragement. The devs may have purposely made it this bad.

It takes approximately 54 days to make back your money from a caravan assuming a wage of about 100 denars per day and 500 income on average after an initial week of no profits. The devs estimated that this change would cause the average chance for a caravan to be destroyed each day to be 5% (in reality it seems to be about 2% higher but I'll stick to the devs' numbers).

This means that you have a 7% chance to make a single denar in profit from a caravan. That's a 93% chance of losing money (and 30% chance to just lose it in the first week meaning you literally just straight up lose 18,000 denars, by the way). These are literally the devs' intended numbers.

Either the devs didn't run the math at all even though it took me like 2 minutes with a calculator to get those percentages or they really hate caravans.

I have a bit more data over on my other thread (shameless plug) but this is seriously discouraging.

Thankfully for Taleworlds, random community members aren't actual customer service representatives, because it amuses me when your answer to criticism is "YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE BOUGHT IT, DONT COMPLAIN, DO YOU KNOW BETTER THAN DEVS?!" Its so arrogant in it of itself to even bring this up, or say "you shouldn't have bought it."

You may want to re-read my original post, in particular the bit about constructive criticism. The thing that I don't get is the significant number of people on these forums who are basically whining about an incomplete product, which is the actual thing that they knowingly bought. I'll say it again, constructive feedback? For sure.

As you say this is early access so why was this such a priority when there are way more important things to do right now? This is a single player game if people are swimming in pools of denars who cares? In a few months when more bugs are dealt with, when more content is put in and other things are looked at then come back to the economy, but why the rush right now? My biggest issue is that it's killing the game economy because towns end up flat broke and starving which kills garrisons which means their ripe for the picking. It's a trickle down effect that I don't think TW ever even thought about. Test it in the Alpha build or even the Beta before putting it out.

That's right, some common items cost more than the recruitment and upgrade prices of dozens of group armies.
In reality, some things are rare on a legendary level, but they are not much more expensive. Can a legendary remade rifle cost more than hundreds of aircraft carriers?

You may want to re-read my original post, in particular the bit about constructive criticism. The thing that I don't get is the significant number of people on these forums who are basically whining about an incomplete product, which is the actual thing that they knowingly bought. I'll say it again, constructive feedback? For sure.
Everyone knows its early access and constantly repeating it whenever someone has anything slightly less polite then "sir would you please stop doing this" to say is just ignorance at this point. The devs aren't spiteful little children and can take criticism, otherwise they shouldn't have released it as early access.

Back
Top Bottom