Multiplayer is dying a slow death

Users who are viewing this thread

The movement speed aspect that's been annoying me lately is pole arm W key hit and run. With a glaive or a menavlion you can take a swing and rotate the mouse away to W key out, then spin back and repeat, holding W the whole time. With a 1hander against an experienced player doing this you might have to catch 3 or 4 blocks in a row before you can close the gap. It's a nightmare if you're playing with a peasant club against something like a Aserai Veteran.

The movement speed aspect that's been annoying me lately is pole arm W key hit and run. With a glaive or a menavlion you can take a swing and rotate the mouse away to W key out, then spin back and repeat, holding W the whole time. With a 1hander against an experienced player doing this you might have to catch 3 or 4 blocks in a row before you can close the gap. It's a nightmare if you're playing with a peasant club against something like a Aserai Veteran.
yes , that s hell. they are too fast. the movement speed too fast. it need to slow down

Its been 2 week since launch and the amount of que for north American timezone has dropped off significantly. It went from several hundred to under a hundred in NA primetime.

There's no player counter for multiplayer as far as I'm aware. Are you going by the number of players waiting in queue with you? That number gets high when servers are having issues, and should be lower when servers are being assigned correctly.

There's no player counter for multiplayer as far as I'm aware. Are you going by the number of players waiting in queue with you? That number gets high when servers are having issues, and should be lower when servers are being assigned correctly.
its high aswell if there are more people queueing and there arent enough servers...

its high aswell if there are more people queueing and there arent enough servers...

From what we've heard from TW, the servers should scale up automatically per demand. That hasn't stopped there being issues with long waits at random points however and also occured during the beta. The times I've seen the largest numbers waiting in queue were during those "broken queue" moments, which some might mistake for "so many players its jamming the servers".

The point being I'm not sure we can use "number of players currently waiting in queue" as "total numbers playing online" as they don't seem that related.

That said there are many reasons why players could be playing less multiplayer right now. General battle server crashing especially with Siege mode, but the server crashing can also prevent players from logging back in which is a new issue I started experiencing the last couple nights. There's also a Beta branch many would have switched over to for Singleplayer reasons which isn't compatible with Stable branch multiplayer.

So before, it thought people were exaggerating about the MP dying. However, I have seen a sharp increase in my queue time. Before, I could get into a MP siege server in less than 5 minutes. Right now, I have been staring at a siege queue for atleast 20 minutes. Sure, it's not prime time. But still, 20 minutes queue time is a long ass time to just get into a siege.

Captain mode seems to be alive though and I can join this really fast (2-3minutes queue time). However, I'm kinda getting fed up with the cav and archer spam I only seem to go against in captain mode (which is something for another discussion)

i think , in MP everyone is too fast.
i mean movement speeds. most classes have too fast movement speeds.
they can run away easily, and they dont block..because they fight as they widen the distance. Because it is easy to widen the distance.

and they hit each other's back, because the movement speed is too fast.

This is one of the big problems. It is one of the factors that reduces a lot of fun.

Didn't TW say TW would develop it according to reality? Look at the status now, Funny, they fight while running when they fight. at every moment

This is fantasy.

What do you think about this problem?

I agree that everyone is too fast in multiplayer. I think horses accelerate and de-acellerate too fast as well and might turn too sharp. They were nicer previously I remember in the beta.

I played Warband for more than 4,000 hours and i can block all attacks. They widen their distance from their opponents. And then they attack them. He moves away from his opponent at a rapid pace. They no longer use blocking. And against the beginners, two to one was always easy. also in Warband.

I don't think Warband's movement speed is slow .In Warband, I could fight like on a step when I was fighting. But now they fight while running. Compare this with reality, running during fighting? No way.

The immersion level of the game is gradually decreasing. They often dont blocking attack . Why? Because you can spread the distance and use a long weapon to kill. I can easily run away from the enemy, shoot the crossbow, and no one can catch me.

Do you think this is funny? It just reduces the fun of the game. I think you are the real new player.

I don't know English very well

At least TW need to make the system that slow down movement speeds during the fight.

I agree with you completely. Back in the beta the characters were slower and it was much better, especially because side-ways running and backwards running had a much lower speed.

So before, it thought people were exaggerating about the MP dying. However, I have seen a sharp increase in my queue time. Before, I could get into a MP siege server in less than 5 minutes. Right now, I have been staring at a siege queue for atleast 20 minutes. Sure, it's not prime time. But still, 20 minutes queue time is a long ass time to just get into a siege.

Captain mode seems to be alive though and I can join this really fast (2-3minutes queue time). However, I'm kinda getting fed up with the cav and archer spam I only seem to go against in captain mode (which is something for another discussion)

For myself, 50% of Siege mode games end with "Connection timed out" right as I join. The other 50% have a high chance of "Battle Server crashed" during the play time so I've stopped queuing Siege because it's currently not worth it. I've not had issues playing TDM, Skirmish, and Captains games even early in the mornings on NA and EU side though.

Dealing with cav is an interesting challenge in Captains mode. Usage of archers and pole arms can decimate them quickly but standing a spear A.I. in formation and letting them be charged usually isn't the best strategy. Dealing with archers can be as easy as teaming a shield unit with a shock unit. Combining all that together and trying to coordinate it with 5 other people is the tricky part.

The amount of players on Mp at prime time is downright pathetic. 5k and that was a week ago at the minimum

I agree that everyone is too fast in multiplayer. I think horses accelerate and de-acellerate too fast as well and might turn too sharp. They were nicer previously I remember in the beta.
Nah, I love the new horses, they not as lame as in warband, and the acceleration is awesome.

maybe people are moving too fast, idk
but combat is far too slow if you ask me. also allow us to attack cancel
Have you played Bannerlord yet? You can cancel attack there, until a certain moment, by blocking. Probably there will be a Combat Speed setting just like in Warband, and I think the now set speed on multiplayer official servers is Normal in comparison to Warband.

Back
Top Bottom