[Suggestion] Fifth weapon slot (or load-out options) to cater for hide-outs and sieges

Users who are viewing this thread

My suggestion is made because in a standard battle I choose to ride with couched lance, backed up by a mongol bow and 2 quivers of stacked bodkin arrows, the exception being, when in a siege situation, I would rather not be on a horse, and would choose to swap out my lance for a 2 handed sword.

So, if there was a fifth 'siege' slot for a weapon (in the inventory screen), I would put the 2 handed sword in there, and so the game would remember this (and swap out the lance for the sword automatically in a siege battle).

I would also love there to be an option in the game settings that stored a players preferences regarding starting a siege on horseback or not (and obviously I would choose not to)

What do people think?

Are these silly ideas, or good 'quality of life' calls?

Edited: Title changed to reflect peoples points and ideas

Last edited:
Or maybe new item set like the civilian one but for siege :v

Mmm i like the idea but i think it would be better as a * loadout * kinda idea , like in a normal battle you can chose to go in on foot or mounted, and if you chose one or the other you go with that gear set up in your inventory, same could work for a seige

Whew, when I saw the thread's title I thought you wanna put a trebuchet in an inventory slot. :rolleyes:

Now that I've read it, an inventory option for sieges like the civilian one would be nice. Only problem I see is that you can't equip the same item in civilian and normal, even if it's allowed as a civilian item, because it vanishes from the inventory list. So you would need your precious armor and bow/arrows twice...

Whew, when I saw the thread's title I thought you wanna put a trebuchet in an inventory slot. :rolleyes:

Now that I've read it, an inventory option for sieges like the civilian one would be nice. Only problem I see is that you can't equip the same item in civilian and normal, even if it's allowed as a civilian item, because it vanishes from the inventory list. So you would need your precious armor and bow/arrows twice...
Well armor is would only need a civ slot and a battle slot. but weapons and stuff... i mean right now im doing a run and my plan is to use a lance or glaive on horse with a bow, and when im on foot or seiges use a two handed and a crossbow. Becuase both of those work far better there XD

They can make so that the default siege load out would match with your battle one. So you can only replace the items you want for the siege non replaced ones can match your battle loadout.

Well armor is would only need a civ slot and a battle slot. but weapons and stuff... i mean right now im doing a run and my plan is to use a lance or glaive on horse with a bow, and when im on foot or seiges use a two handed and a crossbow. Becuase both of those work far better there XD
They can make so that the default siege load out would match with your battle one. So you can only replace the items you want for the siege.
I just mentioned that point, because it would be very easy for the developers to just make a copy of the civilian version but for sieges. But with the problem I described, that wouldn't be a good solution. I agree that there should be an option for siege equipment, we would get rid of annoying micro-management, it's just not as easy as it looks at first sight.

I just mentioned that point, because it would be very easy for the developers to just make a copy of the civilian version but for sieges. But with the problem I described, that wouldn't be a good solution. I agree that there should be an option for siege equipment, we would get rid of annoying micro-management, it's just not as easy as it looks at first sight.
I just gave a solution to the problem you described. The battle loadout would be copied to the siege load out and you would only need to change certain equipments you want so that would take away the burden of micro management.

siege-example.jpg

Something like this could be implemented. The greyed out items are the ones from the battle load out and so you can drop any item to change it for the siege load out. That way there is no need to duplicate the items, the sword here is glowing because it replaced the one from the battle load out. Any changes you make to battle loadout such as armor could be visible in siege load out unless you manually change it.

My suggestion is made because in a standard battle I choose to ride with couched lance, backed up by a mongol bow and 2 quivers of stacked bodkin arrows, the exception being, when in a siege situation, I would rather not be on a horse, and would choose to swap out my lance for a 2 handed sword.

So, if there was a fifth 'siege' slot for a weapon (in the inventory screen), I would put the 2 handed sword in there, and so the game would remember this (and swap out the lance for the sword automatically in a siege battle).

I would also love there to be an option in the game settings that stored a players preferences regarding starting a siege on horseback or not (and obviously I would choose not to)

What do people think?

Are these silly ideas, or good 'quality of life' calls?

Edited: Title changed to reflect peoples points and ideas
A loadout mannager would be an awesome tweak i totally agree on that!

Back
Top Bottom