Multiplayer is dying a slow death

Users who are viewing this thread

Its been 2 week since launch and the amount of que for north American timezone has dropped off significantly. It went from several hundred to under a hundred in NA primetime. I believe this is caused by lack of static servers besides team deathmatch and lack of development progress on multiplayer

I understand its early access and they are focusing on single player atm but please throw some love to the multiplayer community before its all gone. Every timezone should have atleast one game type hosted. Why are there 2 us servers both team deathmatch makes zero sense. In Australia land there are two siege servers. Seriously tw? The problem is once a community leaves a game it rarely returns so giant RIP to bannerlord in that regards.

Hopefully I'm wrong and there are new game modes and changes on the horizon that will boost multiplayer but right now its bleeding players pretty bad.

There are a lot of problems with the game that I'm sure many players are leaving from. But to be fair games are bound to drop in playercount post launch. Look at Mordhau where the playercount is like 10% of that at launch a year down the line.

In East Asia ( I live in Taiwan, if there is other players there ), it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a siege. The best ping I've had on custom server or in Find Game was 85, which makes the game almost unplayable. Obviously, everybody get bored at some point. At least I hope there will be more custom server, with better localisation ( Asia, Oceania and America are not Europe, according to where you are your ping may jump ).

I play in na server and my ling averages close to 100. I usually don't lag in other games.

More than anything though, stabilize the servers and shorten the time to start.

You can usually see up to 60 or so people qued and the game waits for almost 80

i think , in MP everyone is too fast.
i mean movement speeds. most classes have too fast movement speeds.
they can run away easily, and they dont block..because they fight as they widen the distance. Because it is easy to widen the distance.

and they hit each other's back, because the movement speed is too fast.

This is one of the big problems. It is one of the factors that reduces a lot of fun.

Didn't TW say TW would develop it according to reality? Look at the status now, Funny, they fight while running when they fight. at every moment

This is fantasy.

What do you think about this problem?

they can run away easily, and they dont block..because they fight as they widen the distance. Because it is easy to widen the distance.

This is one of the big problems. It is one of the factors that reduces a lot of fun.

Didn't TW say TW would develop it according to reality? Look at the status now, Funny, they fight while running when they fight. at every moment

This is fantasy.

With the exception of savage and berseker it certainly feels like every class gets from A to B as fast as or slower than warband characters.

This is fantasy.

What? I spent >3k in warband MP and what you are saying is just... You sound like a New_Player. The characters in Warband's MP were very slow and the game couldn't be as dynamic as it gets in BL. And there will always be cowards running away from melee, if you limit them - you will limit all the players. And a solution to all those guys attacking 5v1 is to enable teamkill, that would make it 2v1 very quickly with all those New_Players?. Do not lower the athletics of MP's classes, at least not as much as in warband MP. Also I miss the equipment selection in MP, that was replaced by the class selection with 2 equipment options - the Devs could do a hybrid system, like in Full Invasion - choose class and equipment.

In East Asia ( I live in Taiwan, if there is other players there ), it is IMPOSSIBLE to find a siege. The best ping I've had on custom server or in Find Game was 85, which makes the game almost unplayable. Obviously, everybody get bored at some point. At least I hope there will be more custom server, with better localisation ( Asia, Oceania and America are not Europe, according to where you are your ping may jump ).
I got 90 in Europe, in Warband it was playable, 70 was very playable. And yes, everyone wants more servers, especially custom ones. New gamemodes would be great too (they are essential), but they can wait.

Of course. There's no way of forming friendships currently. You can't even reach someones Steam profile via the leader-board or anything.
On top of that, dedicated server files aren't released, making it impossible to become a server regular and get to know your fellow players without getting kicked after each match, nor is it possible to arrange game nights together with more than 6 friends/players from the same clan or regiment.

What? I spent >3k in warband MP and what you are saying is just... You sound like a New_Player. The characters in Warband's MP were very slow and the game couldn't be as dynamic as it gets in BL. And there will always be cowards running away from melee, if you limit them - you will limit all the players. And a solution to all those guys attacking 5v1 is to enable teamkill, that would make it 2v1 very quickly with all those New_Players?. Do not lower the athletics of MP's classes, at least not as much as in warband MP. Also I miss the equipment selection in MP, that was replaced by the class selection with 2 equipment options - the Devs could do a hybrid system, like in Full Invasion - choose class and equipment.
I don't think your playtime on Warband disproves his argument. I can agree with some aspects of his argument, more often or not I find that players can rotate around another player while swinging, making it very hard to face them, let alone block their constant swings, maybe a slight decrease in sideways speed would help this issue.

Of course. There's no way of forming friendships currently. You can't even reach someones Steam profile via the leader-board or anything.
On top of that, dedicated server files aren't released, making it impossible to become a server regular and get to know your fellow players without getting kicked after each match, nor is it possible to arrange game nights together with more than 6 friends/players from the same clan or regiment.
Yeah, although I don't really mind the leaderboard and Steam accounts thing (it could be a problem since Bannerlord could get released on GOG or something like that), the kick after match ends is not a good mechanic.

I played Warband for more than 4,000 hours and i can block all attacks. They widen their distance from their opponents. And then they attack them. He moves away from his opponent at a rapid pace. They no longer use blocking. And against the beginners, two to one was always easy. also in Warband.

I don't think Warband's movement speed is slow .In Warband, I could fight like on a step when I was fighting. But now they fight while running. Compare this with reality, running during fighting? No way.

The immersion level of the game is gradually decreasing. They often dont blocking attack . Why? Because you can spread the distance and use a long weapon to kill. I can easily run away from the enemy, shoot the crossbow, and no one can catch me.

Do you think this is funny? It just reduces the fun of the game. I think you are the real new player.

I don't know English very well

At least TW need to make the system that slow down movement speeds during the fight.

I don't think your playtime on Warband disproves his argument. I can agree with some aspects of his argument, more often or not I find that players can rotate around another player while swinging, making it very hard to face them, let alone block their constant swings, maybe a slight decrease in sideways speed would help this issue.
I have to agree here, the sideways run is a bit too fast, especially we have the new "a bit directional" shield blocking.

I don't think Warband's movement speed is slow .In Warband, I could fight like on a step when I was fighting. But now they fight while running. Compare this with reality, running during fighting? No way.
I agree, most fights in Warband would take place face to face within the same general area with some amount of footwork or movement. But this movement is minute compared to what I have experienced in Bannerlord.

I can easily run away from the enemy, shoot the crossbow, and no one can catch me.
Such people will always exist, but we want to keep it realistic, so we can't lower archers' athletics so much that a tincan will catch him, cause it would be not realistic.
At least TW need to make the system that slow down movement speeds during the fight.
Maybe in fight, but out of fight - maybe slightly. The moving backwards speed is already much slowed.

Don't count on a stable multiplayer community in the first few weeks of EA. I mean, why would you? Everything is still in flux and subject to change without notice.

Back
Top Bottom