Does anyone suffer from high temperatures while playing this game?

Users who are viewing this thread

Like, somehow my cpu temp be reaching 60+ on Bannerlord, and I've played other games that deal with large amount of units and actions but my temps don't reach that high. GPU temps also get pretty high despite me playing on very low to try and alleviate it - very low settings looks like dung, how is my gpu suffering? With Witcher 3, I can understand getting 75ish gpu temp but Bannerlord on very low settings?

Hopefully, this is only a problem that I'm facing and everyone else is enjoying the game but if not please do tell.

I'm also getting really high temps too and performance seems worse on the beta patch. 80 for my GPU (1080 GTX) and 80-85 for my CPU

Yeah it runs hot. The game isn't optimized it's going to be a resource hog. Even though they've done some work on memory leaks I feel like there is still an issue with it. Personally I feel like even 8G of RAM just isn't enough, on release I would hope it's much better.

I have brand new i9-9900, 20170RTX 8gb and 32gig of ram, and this runs hot constantly. It also stutters badly in sieges (FPS is very poor).

It's unplayable even in the training area on lowest gfx settings on an i7/1050gtx/16gb laptop, which is somewhat concerning.

Running my r5 2600 with the stock fan and my gpu barely becomes audible (gigabyte windforce 2070 with 3 fans).
No extreme heat or noise.
Not in comparison to other games either.
I do however use compressed air every 2 months to clean it out and replace thermal paste on a yearly basis so that definitely helps.

60c on a cpu and 75 on a gpu in load isn't bad though.
Not for a pc nor a laptop.

I have brand new i9-9900, 2070RTX 8gb and 32gig of ram, and this runs hot constantly. It also stutters badly in sieges (FPS is very poor).

In options you can find the FPS limiter. It will lower temps and smooth out your gameplay. I have mine set to 120, I think the default is like 200. I also have a 2070.

It's a custom game engine and it does push the GPU too hard. I left my game with the encyclopedia open while I did some household chores. When I came back there was warm air pouring out of my well ventilated case. IN THE ENCYCLOPEDIA SCREEN!

So maybe things need to be toned down a bit.

In options you can find the FPS limiter. It will lower temps and smooth out your gameplay. I have mine set to 120, I think the default is like 200. I also have a 2070.

It's a custom game engine and it does push the GPU too hard. I left my game with the encyclopedia open while I did some household chores. When I came back there was warm air pouring out of my well ventilated case. IN THE ENCYCLOPEDIA SCREEN!

So maybe things need to be toned down a bit.

I have an acer predator helios 300 2019 edition with the gtx 1660ti. I play the game on high settings with max units per battle. It gets warm sometimes hot but considering I play 4 to 8 hour sessions at a time on a laptop it's handling the game fine. By comparison total war warhammer 2 I also play on high settings with max units for 4 hrs at a time and it gets way hotter and my predator even shut itself down during battle when I wasn't paying attention to the temp.

Those temps are perfectly fine though. Unless you're cracking 90, you're not going to run the risk of shutdowns or anything

Not for my CPU though, besides that still doesn't answer how other cpu intensive games that deal with multiple units all interacting in various ways don't affect my cpu temps as much. Also, like I said, if me running Witcher 3 on the highest setting gives me 75c then running bannerlord at the lowest settings should not give me 75c. Of course this may all just be early access issues and they could be fixed.

Have you kept an eye on CPU usage Bannerlord in comparison to other games, via Taskmanager? Any higher use will inevitably lead to higher temperatures. Unfortunately nobody can really answer why its doing this, though there is word that Bannerlord is CPU heavy in general. Thats just something that will hopefully get better as the game progresses in optimization.

Even at 75c on a CPU is perfectly fine. Some people overclock and have a consistent 90 and are still considered safe.

Lol my razerblade 14's cpu runs on 90-95 all the time, gpu around 70-75.
So far no issue.
Thats too much for CPU. try to decrease usage of cpu to 90% at options of scheme. It helped me a lot with cpu temperature and fps change is rly low. If it will be at this temperature for too long, you cpu will certainly die.

If someone would want to know where to find it, just reply me and i will describe it.

well im using
I5 3570k @ 4.1ghz,
8GB ddr3 ram,
rx 5600xt
All settings on high/ultra
My temps dont go above 56c on both gpu and cpu.

Adjusting ur fan profile in afterburner might help gpu possibly which should also bring down ur cpu temp a bit too due to ambient case temp being lower...
...or idk, maybe stop using laptops and clean ur damn PC once in a while.
:mrgreen::razz:

Back
Top Bottom