POLL: The Empire.... DO we NEED three of them?

Does the Empire need a rework/rethink?

• No. the Empire is fine as it is.

• Adding different troop trees to the Empire is enough.

• An Ancient Greek style/inspired faction would be perfect!

• Get rid of one of the Empire factions in favour for something else

• Get rid of two of the empire factions in favour for something else

• Get rid of Empire completely?.... lol?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Users who are viewing this thread

AI have the same tools, but he just cant use it properly. Thats why i find it boring as hell.
True, this is the fault of lackluster AI right now though. Once they improve these aspects of the game I feel it'll be more of a real challenge, at least I hope so.

I wouldn't mind having unit variation between the 3 Empires though, but not so far apart that they're entirely different.

True, this is the fault of lackluster AI right now though. Once they improve these aspects of the game I feel it'll be more of a real challenge, at least I hope so.
And dont forget about this:
Right now you played one empire faction = you played them all.

I wouldn't mind having unit variation between the 3 Empires though, but not so far apart that they're entirely different.

a small variation between the three empires is best i think. such a large empire would have some variations at each of its borders as the south eastern border is right between khuzait and asserai territory so would be very different to the far north-western border which is inbetween battania and sturgia (with vlandia off to the west)

To this thread and any other thread that discusses implementing new factions or drastically changing current ones:

No.
The current factions just need to be improved. More complex troop trees, aesthetics and culturally appropriate armour. Same goes for the three Imperial factions.

a small variation between the three empires is best i think. such a large empire would have some variations at each of its borders as the south eastern border is right between khuzait and asserai territory so would be very different to the far north-western border which is inbetween battania and sturgia (with vlandia off to the west)
It is quite EZ, just give them additional t5 troop choise in the unit tree.

France - Super heavy cav.
Holy roman Empire - elite crossbows and heavy infanrty
Byzantine - Elite archers and hore archers.

It's way to early in the development of the game to make a determination like this. A lot of the core mechanics aren't even implemented yet. The game will probably play much differently than it does now when everything is said and done.

It's way to early in the development of the game to make a determination like this. A lot of the core mechanics aren't even implemented yet. The game will probably play much differently than it does now when everything is said and done.
better to impart the communities opinions now rather than after they finish the game

would do no good to say "hey empire is too similar" after they release the full game. Early access is the designated time for us to put forward our opinions on how to go forward and the like

Yes, the Empire is SUPPOSED to be the same. It's one empire split into three because of a civil war. Why is there 3 factions? So that way one faction isn't a giant invincible blob in the middle of the map that conquers everything.

If anything, the 3 empire factions should start at war with each other and should not be allowed to make peace with each other because their claims are mutually incompatible -- they're 3 claimants to the same throne.

edit: I could MAYBE be persuaded about troop trees. Since Arenicos led the switch over to cataphracts and noble retinues, maybe the existing troop tree is best suited for the Southern Empire, while the Northern Empire could try to go back to the republican style standing army legions (traditional Roman types) that the Empire was known for before Arenicos abolished those.

As long as it fits the lore, and as long as it's still late antiquity / early medieval in style and not just randomly ancient.

a simple yes and no is too broad. Some people only want a small change like an extra unit in each empire faction. Some people may want drastic changes to the empire. others may incline towards replacing one empire faction (like myself) How should the person who wants only 1 extra unit in each empire faction vote? if he says yes he wants a rework he could be voting for a big change when really only a minor change is what he wanted. so he should vote no? but he does want to see a small change.

Allowing people to vote on various degrees of yes and no lets us see how much of a change if any people think is neccessary
You misunderstood me. You should just only let them answer once. And not add ekstra sub questions.

So you are the only one i guess. Becouse i heard so many players who cant play hiscorical Total War any more, becouse fighting against the same units is just a boring.
Thats a rather far conclusion to jump to, and an incorrect one. A lot of people are saying they are fine with them being the same in this thread. Please note I accidentally pressed post too early, so there is more to my input now

You misunderstood me. You should just only let them answer once. And not add ekstra sub questions.
people can want more than one thing. some peopel may want either 1 less empire faction or failing that different imperial faction troop trees, though i see your point

people can want more than one thing. some peopel may want either 1 less empire faction or failing that different imperial faction troop trees, though i see your point
Ok, but as statistics go, its still not good, as you can mud up the results. You need more seperate questions.

Imperial faction (western ,south ,north) unique units/themes based off Roman time periods

Not a complaint and would be way down line as of now ,but I would like if the different imperial factions had a bit of individual flavor based on location and theme of faction ( I get they are civil war but doesn’t mean the factions can’t have different troop or at least different auxiliary troops. ) first thought is southern empire most Byzantine like being empress and what not just seems to fit so basically as is now maybe slight changes . Northern empire I would assume is senate Rome so more spqr pre marian reforms think stereotype Rome ala betrayed legion , western Rome being Marian reform think imperial Rome like against the Dacians big broad plate shoulders. Other differences would exist in other Troops etc but that’s the theme idea. Now they prob should share like a staple chain or basic Troops to maintain lore cohesion. This is fantasy creation to time doesn’t really impact what they would wear and use , could justify it by that generals preference to war or areas culture being different than rest of empire . Yes i know mods can do this as well. Would be cool if in vanilla though another idea is the old tri- split They could do the trifecta split theme South Rome is Egypt-esque. North Rome is Byzantine/ottoman. West Rome is Italian and Gallic Roman. It even has political/geographical parallels considering the calradian empire. I’d switch south to be byz and north to be Gallic and west Egypt/African if that route was taken.

I think three shards of the Empire should be very similar. The concept of civil war is interesting. However each part of the Empire can have it's own feature. I think, unique strong noble troops trees can become such feature, while commoners are the same for all three shards of the Empire.
Since there are three Empires, they could have unique cavalry, unique infantry and unique ranged units. The one who will unite the Empire will have best of all three types of units. This could be one of nice gameplay reasons for player to unite the Empire.
Empires should also be more aggressive to each other rather to other cultures, because their conflict is not resolved yet. This will make them more vulnerable for the "barbarian" kingdoms around them, which will balance Empire's possibility to call to arms strong unique units of all types.

The Empire is fine, it reminds me of Ancient Rome and its factions - there is clearly politic intrigue in the quest and I like it.
Simply put, the North, West and East Empire were once all one - how could you possibly explain one of them having a completely different culture from the others unless they were like the other nations in Bannerlord? So it makes it pointless, because they would just be like one of the other factions.

"Empires should also be more aggressive to each other rather to other cultures, because their conflict is not resolved yet. This will make them more vulnerable for the "barbarian" kingdoms around them, which will balance Empire's possibility to call to arms strong unique units of all types".
Love this idea, and they don't do it often enough.

What would be really interesting is empire faction has different cultures settlements/villages on their borders. Different troops trees with auxilliary troops from the border cultures.

Back
Top Bottom