SP - Player, NPCs & Troops African Inspired Factions

Users who are viewing this thread

I think that African units could be a really cool edition to the game. Too often in medieval and historical video games, the African civilizations are over looked, when in reality some of their civilizations, like Mansa Musa, were vital to the development of the world as we know it. Inspirations for this could be Aksum, Eritrea, Djenno Dje
main-qimg-70c9a7c85b7929c10dbc569066909201.webp
nna, and Somalia.

Last edited:
From what I was reading, Berber was part of the Aserai inspiration, but I’m not fully seeing it. Considering Aserai don’t even have a top tier horse javelin unit like other factions

From what I was reading, Berber was part of the Aserai inspiration, but I’m not fully seeing it. Considering Aserai don’t even have a top tier horse javelin unit like other factions
That is true but I meant more like the Malians. I want visibly African units because for some reason, Africans are left out of most medieval games even though they were very active and influential in the global community at the time

Last edited:
Historic inspiration for in game factions, whether already present or not, is not part of this proposal.
You're free to pitch in art work or similar items to draw a more precise picture of OPs idea, but a debate about history is not part of this thread. We've had that in a similar thread, by OP nonetheless, and that had to be shut down due to excessive derailment by several users.
Since this is the appropriate section, this thread may stand.
Contribute to to the suggestion or prove a valid point, but on-going debates are a big no and will be dealt with accordingly. Setting this to watch.

Historic inspiration for in game factions, whether already present or not, is not part of this proposal.
You're free to pitch in art work or similar items to draw a more precise picture of OPs idea, but a debate about history is not part of this thread. We've had that in a similar thread, by OP nonetheless, and that had to be shut down due to excessive derailment by several users.
Since this is the appropriate section, this thread may stand.
Contribute to to the suggestion or prove a valid point, but on-going debates are a big no and will be dealt with accordingly. Setting this to watch.
I just saw that thread, that devolved so hard so fast.

But yeah, I would like to see a faction like this honestly. The armour and weapons would probably have to be pretty unique for this faction, which would be fine and a nice addition to the game.

After TW implement the long awaited faction of horsepeople, we should definitely ask them put in these Berb's. With added blanket/headscarf mechanics for african immersion

That is true but I meant more like the Moors. I want visibly African units because for some reason, Africans are left out of most medieval games even though they were very active and influencilal in the global community at the time

What are you even talking about Charlie. Most medieval games are set in Europe, which is exclusively not Africa. Furthermore, African kingdoms didn't sack Rome, invade the British Isles or hate the French. Which are all general themes Western Medieval games use. I don't understand why you have struggles understanding this, it's not like we're talking about horses.

Last edited by a moderator:
What are you even talking about Charlie. Most medieval games are set in Europe, which is exclusively not Africa. Furthermore, African kingdoms didn't sack Rome, invade the British Isles or hate the French. Which are all general themes Western Medieval games use. I don't understand why you have struggles understanding this, it's not like we're talking about horses.
I think medieval africans would make a cool addition to a medieval game. That is all. I do not want to derail the thread onto historical inaccuracy, and I encourage you to do the same. Just imagine this:
begharmi-lancers.jpg

I think an iron age African faction inspired by the civilizations of Sunni Ali and Mansa Musa would be a refreshing addition to the game which offers players new play styles optimal for skirmishers.

I think aksum, Mali, and ethiopia are all viable choices for a black african inspired faction.

Back
Top Bottom