We need to be able to smith an armor

Users who are viewing this thread

I agree and instead of having smithing under skills, split them up in each branch, Weapon Smith, Armor Smith, Horse Smith otherwise its too easy to raise in. People complain alot about smithing being too slow, its meant to be that way, you could raise smithing to max in a few hours, to me that is fast.

I think priority number 1 regarding smithing is addressing the stamina system given how universally disliked it is, or at least giving us a way to monitor it rather than just guessing.

Doesn't the Smithing skill description say you can smith armor, or something along those lines? I assumed it was possible, but sadly it isn't.

I think priority number 1 regarding smithing is addressing the stamina system given how universally disliked it is, or at least giving us a way to monitor it rather than just guessing.

Stamina is necessary, but it should show just how much stamina an action will take and make it appear in the world map, to know how long you have to rest until it goes back up to 100. Without it you could earn lots of gold practically within one day, seeing as how the crafted weapon prices are busted.

Doesn't the Smithing skill description say you can smith armor, or something along those lines? I assumed it was possible, but sadly it isn't.

Stamina is necessary, but it should show just how much stamina an action will take and make it appear in the world map, to know how long you have to rest until it goes back up to 100. Without it you could earn lots of gold practically within one day, seeing as how the crafted weapon prices are busted.

I guess I don't mind stamina existing as a whole, I just wish I didn't have to guess when it was back to full.

stamina is visible only in smithing screen, when you look at the character picture, your companions can be selected as well. I think armor is going to be added as well, since its description says about armor too.(or not ???!!!)
This way you could also make other materials armor, not just irron.

I mean, you can make stuff from wood already.

Nice idea but If they do it like weapon smithing they would have to break down each armour into different parts like you could have torso from one, sleeves from another and so on. And they would all have be able to fit together whichever combination you choose. That's a lot of work and I highly doubt they will implement it in that form.
The alternative method is to just limit it to existing armours which I don't see much point because you can just buy those from the shops.

Nice idea but If they do it like weapon smithing they would have to break down each armour into different parts like you could have torso from one, sleeves from another and so on. And they would all have be able to fit together whichever combination you choose. That's a lot of work and I highly doubt they will implement it in that form.
The alternative method is to just limit it to existing armours which I don't see much point because you can just buy those from the shops.
+1

I agree and instead of having smithing under skills, split them up in each branch, Weapon Smith, Armor Smith, Horse Smith otherwise its too easy to raise in. People complain alot about smithing being too slow, its meant to be that way, you could raise smithing to max in a few hours, to me that is fast.

smithing to max in a few hours? it seems we are both playing a diffrent game

in my current playthrough (Beta) i have my smithing skill at 258, day 217 ,lvl 17 and i am still a merc. (5 focus, 9 end) / i use stamina free smithing

Because i do almost nothing else as to farm gold /buy wood.
/ i cant lvl smithing faster because there is not enough wood / you need thousands units of wood

Is it fun ? NO
Is it fast? NO

So you want to tell me smithing is meant to be a boring grind?

Last edited:
It should also at least regenerate a little bit while you're on the move on the campaign map too.
This really should happen, stamina isn't that bad but having to specifically wait in town to regenerate it is silly and makes little sense when you realize your character can apparently rest for combat and treat wounds on the map but not regain any stamina to smith.

One quick change would be stamina regains as fast as in town while traveling. That way when you get to the next town you can smelt or whatever and move on, making it a thing you did while traveling. That alone would improve this grind immensely.

I think the issue was that you had to wait for the stamina to recharge. I never tested it myself but if you did do it in a few hours, then those few hours must have been super boring that involved a lot of idling and clicking. The unlocking parts are also an issue atm and adding new recipes means more parts to unlock and you can't even pick which parts to unlock. They should fix the system first and then worry about adding in more features to it.

Back
Top Bottom