Black African Faction

Users who are viewing this thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think people are actually gonna pay money for a new faction, when there are mods that entirely overhaul the game with all new factions and more game mechanics. :unsure:

Let's be honest, TaleWorlds as a business has made some serious money with both Warband and Bannerlord, so they don't really need to charge for future content.

As for mods, you are correct, but it will be a long time before those will be available.

Although there is a near infinite list of improvements and additions I’d first like to see, I support this idea. The factions arranged on map would make addition of new single faction difficult. Addition of two more civs would be better and balance things better. The map would need to be extended west and south and maybe give factionone of the other cities so they aren’t boarder it only one faction.

African civ - SouthWest
Indian civ - SouthEast

Push the two horse archer civilizations NW to accommodate. I’d also like to see the inclusion of a free people’s city or some out of the box faction on the SW peninsula.

I don’t know if there is some Caladria lore preventing this. Lore and story in this franchise has never seemed to deep. Don’t see why this couldn’t be added in some infinite future where everything else has been finished.

Too often in medieval and historical video games, the African civilizations are over looked, when in reality some of their civilizations, like the Berbers and Moors, were vital to the development of the world as we know it. Obviously they wouldn’t be called Berber or Moor or even African, but a clearly African inspired faction would be very unique and offer a more mobile infantry based fighting style. The Aksum, Mali, Djenno Djenne, Eritrea, and Somalians were all medieval civilizations with the same level of advancement, and most fit in the time frame that bannerlord is going for. African armour and shields would be entirely unique, along with some new sword designs like the Ngulu. Please refrain from being ignorant. This thread is not intended for conflict, I want it to be constructive. This thread is meant to get a new culturally significant faction to the game, nothing else.
Explain what you mean between black African. Sub Saharan Africa was hardly developed, Mali would be the only one with the slightest infrastructure due to it's slave trade and gold trade. The rest would just be random tribes. The Moors, Tunisians, Berbers, Moroccans etc were all Islamic Emirates ran by Arabic families. The truth is, if you're talking about "Black Africans", not many would have been past the Sarah desert. People of the Mediterranean were a lot paler in skin colour, looking more Italian if anything. For example the Ancient Greeks have been said to have bright blonde hair, and the average English man has more genetic match up to the pharaohs than the modern day Egyptians. Don't forget that a lot of the settlers in that region, in the historic years of the 11th century would have been Germans, Romans, Greeks, Phoenicians and Arabs. After the fall of Rome and the Byzantine's power was diminished the Arabs swept across North Africa in Jihad, force converting masses of people to Islam. This is the reason you have the North African states, and in Bannerlord there is the Aserai, an Arabic based faction across what would be northern Africa and the Middle East. You're complaining about nothing. The Dev's made the lore and setting perfectly.

They're not overlooked. They're ignored. There's no compulsion to represent everything. If game designers want to focus on a fictional land inspired by just europe and middle east, they can. They don't have to also include africa, or america, and there's absolutely nothing wrong about not including them.
I find it kinda annoying when people impose that everyone has to be represented in a piece of media.
^this man gets it

Explain what you mean between black African. Sub Saharan Africa was hardly developed, Mali would be the only one with the slightest infrastructure due to it's slave trade and gold trade. The rest would just be random tribes. The Moors, Tunisians, Berbers, Moroccans etc were all Islamic Emirates ran by Arabic families. The truth is, if you're talking about "Black Africans", not many would have been past the Sarah desert. People of the Mediterranean were a lot paler in skin colour, looking more Italian if anything. For example the Ancient Greeks have been said to have bright blonde hair, and the average English man has more genetic match up to the pharaohs than the modern day Egyptians. Don't forget that a lot of the settlers in that region, in the historic years of the 11th century would have been Germans, Romans, Greeks, Phoenicians and Arabs. After the fall of Rome and the Byzantine's power was diminished the Arabs swept across North Africa in Jihad, force converting masses of people to Islam. This is the reason you have the North African states, and in Bannerlord there is the Aserai, an Arabic based faction across what would be northern Africa and the Middle East. You're complaining about nothing. The Dev's made the lore and setting perfectly.

Holy **** Ronnoc reading that vomit you just posted made my brain significantly smoother and dear god I don't need it any smoother. A couple of factions could be added that are based on significantly developed Sub-Saharan kingdoms/polities inspired by the various kingdoms in the Sahel area and Ethiopia/East Africa, which are regions that had significant interactions with those who the Aserai might be based on. Implying that West Africa was just barely developed is just idiotic and if you think the devs "made the lore and setting perfectly" that's fine but don't fling **** at someone who can imagine a setting more interesting, varied and favourful setting than something that's 99% like an anachronistic medieval Europe and its surroundings.

0/10 literal brainlet post

This thread is a disaster.

That was a sure thing for me the moment i finished reading the title.
Thats why i didn't read further.

+1 for a (maybe DLC) "black kingdoms" faction
as well as
+1 for a (maybe DLC) "japan/china" faction

The game is what it is now, and in my opinion all the work until full release should go into stabilize the base.

But after that there's space enough in the south and east i suppose.

Holy **** Ronnoc reading that vomit you just posted made my brain significantly smoother and dear god I don't need it any smoother. A couple of factions could be added that are based on significantly developed Sub-Saharan kingdoms/polities inspired by the various kingdoms in the Sahel area and Ethiopia/East Africa, which are regions that had significant interactions with those who the Aserai might be based on. Implying that West Africa was just barely developed is just idiotic and if you think the devs "made the lore and setting perfectly" that's fine but don't fling **** at someone who can imagine a setting more interesting, varied and favourful setting than something that's 99% like an anachronistic medieval Europe and its surroundings.

0/10 literal brainlet post
You could've saved yourself the time of writing all that by just screaming 'WAKANDA IS REAL'

kenyan-mud-hut.jpg

there is ur african dlc normie cuck
10/10 Big gyrificated brain pilled

I think an Africa update/dlc would be interesting but it's not really high up on my list. The OP is literally just saying "wow it would be cool if this region that is under represented in mainstream media would be added to the game in some way" and then someone like you comes around and spews historically inaccurate gibberish. And idk you seem to be the normie here with your eurocentric ignorant views but that's okay because I believe in your ability to learn real history.

Last edited by a moderator:
It would be nice for them to be added to the base game so people couldn't choose to exclude black people from history like they do already

They aren't excluded from history. It's just that afrikan (I man sub-saharan, black) empires really didn't have much power or impact. Since Calridia is based on medieval Europe, which was white with a sprinkle of asian, then the current faction fit.

And if we are talking about FICTIONAL history, then all bets are off. Perhaps no black people exist at all in this fictional world? Or don't tell me that is RACIST, because demanding that every fictional world be twisted to your preferences, rather than the creators, is controlling and uncool.

wow it would be cool if this region that is under represented in mainstream media would be added to the game

Is this a joke?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom