10 years pass...

Users who are viewing this thread

i play as a merc for 9 years and i finally decide to stop assisting the southern empire for a minute and figure out what this neretzes folly junk is. i already had a bit of progress talking to nobles here and there in passing, but i hadn't sought to finish the quest. finish talking to the nobles and sick, find out that i can create my own clan. i was at a point that i had an extremely formidable army, 3 workshops, and 3 caravans. not to mention my companions and i are all kitted and a 500k golden parachute to fall on if i fall, and im vlandian so it wont be hard by any means to retrain them. so needless to say, i was ready to create my very own kingdom. i separate from the southern empire after talking to rhagea and she wasn't mad by any means. i had served her well for nearly a decade, apparently. and then, before i can instigate a war with the vlandians, because they're at war with the southern empire and had many juicy targets. then it appears. quest failed. this happened to me last night and im still like, broken. i have a couple questions for the community and the devs.
1. whats the reason behind this limit? is it a lore thing? i dont remember any 10 year limit being presented to me.
2. what does this actually mean for my run? and what did i miss out on? (maybe add a spoiler though for others.)

Patch notes 1.0.11: Fixed the bug that caused main storyline quests in later stages to terminate after 10 years. ?

About (2.) I can tell you this without too much of a spoiler: You missed some VoiceOver. And it sounds GREAT!!!

did i miss any benefits?
I'm not much further with the story as you are. After talking to all these nobles about nertz... nervs... nerev... this-dead-emperor-dude-guy, you have to collect the pieces of an ancient banner, but I don't have collected all of them, so I don't know what it's worth.

At this point, not a whole lot. Then you just have the option to create your kingdom or support an existing one. Supporting really just goes back to business as usual but with a lot more war due to a bugged quest. The kingdom part is not exactly fleshed out yet, where it's basically like running your clan except with the policy decisions added on.

can anyone else weigh in on this? what did i miss out on?
Pretty much the whole game unless you help another kingdom win. With this quest failed you cannot by any means create your own faction. Easy fix = starting a new campaign. I known it sucks :sad: happened to me a couple characters ago

so, my whole goal of being a self made merc group that creates their own kingdom from scratch is ****ed? 40 hours+ down the drain? BECAUSE OF A BUG?! A BUG THAT GOT FIXED ALMOST AS SOON AS I WAS GUNNA MAKE MY OWN KINGDOM?! YOU GOTTA BE ****ING KIDDING ME!

In my opinion, Mount and Blade is about creating your own story. I think TW should just scrap the main quest line, especially one which restrict players from gameplay elements.

Last edited:
I 100% agree with you. thats what im having the most fun with. creating this sort of story with my clan. for my story to be stopped by something as ridiculous as a secret time limit that is in no way conveyed to you (nor are the rewards) AND to find out that i shouldnt have even been stopped in the first place just absolutely infuriates me and makes me not want to play the game at all. i probably still will, but im almost hesitant to touch the game lest another 40+ hour run gets cut short by yet another game ending bug.

so, my whole goal of being a self made merc group that creates their own kingdom from scratch is ****ed? 40 hours+ down the drain? BECAUSE OF A BUG?! A BUG THAT GOT FIXED ALMOST AS SOON AS I WAS GUNNA MAKE MY OWN KINGDOM?! YOU GOTTA BE ****ING KIDDING ME!
Hey man, chill out. I personally understood what I was getting into when I saw the game was in early access. I have over 170 hours into the game and I have not won a single game yet because I literally cant get to end game. But I'm not going to let that keep me from trying to help mold this game into a masterpiece, one bug at a time.

thats very noble of you. im not mad at the game or devs specifically, dont get that twisted. im just basically having a moment of "my brother deleted my gta save" rn. i know i gotta start over, but am i wrong in being aggravated by this? is the way im feeling invalid just because "early access, **** happens"? i dont think so. im willing to bet there are many players that would agree with me on my anger and my hesitation to start a new campaign just for that run to probably end in anger yet again.

thats very noble of you. im not mad at the game or devs specifically, dont get that twisted. im just basically having a moment of "my brother deleted my gta save" rn. i know i gotta start over, but am i wrong in being aggravated by this? is the way im feeling invalid just because "early access, **** happens"? i dont think so. im willing to bet there are many players that would agree with me on my anger and my hesitation to start a new campaign just for that run to probably end in anger yet again.
I dont think feeling that way is unjustified. Personally for me when I found out my save got ruined I was rather happy in trying some new things I learned to make my next person even more powerful. Keep at it and hopefully it will be fixed soon :smile:

You don't miss out on anything.

As of the latest beta build, the brother disappears, never to appear again (he's listed at a city, but you can't see him there) despite the opening of the game. I assume this will be addressed later. The main quest, such as it is, appears to be a placeholder. Upon finishing it, which is a monumental task, nothing happens. You just get a notification that the quest has been completed. It's my hope that events are spruced up with more fanfare - such as getting married, having children, etc. - Let alone completing the main quest.

So are the devs adding content for the main quest -- e.g., (1) a reward for giving the dragon banner to your lord, (2) an actual model of the dragon banner so you can fly your new colors if you make your own kingdom, or (3) some actual benefit -- like an influence or reputation bonus -- if you choose to fly the flag? It's supposed to be this epic object, after all, not quite the Holy Grail, but still a unique item of legend, so it should physically exist in the game and have some effect in the game-world. Otherwise what is the point of the quest?

Back
Top Bottom